Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Add part of pathname/subfolder name to beginning of filename Post 302976835 by azurite on Wednesday 6th of July 2016 08:40:09 PM
Old 07-06-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Did you try it? It will echo only, i.e. just propose what it would do...
Okay, it worked. I just had to add a few more asterisks. Could you explain what the code/syntax does? Where do I learn all these?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

part of a filename

Hi, I need to extract only a part of the filenames of some files. The files are named this way : .tap_profile_SIT02 I want the "SIT02" part, which is not the same for each file. I was able to get what I want with bash, but not with ksh. Here is the command I used in bash : find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flame_eagle
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to include filename with variations at the beginning of the file

Hi there, I have a bunch of files that I want to modify. As a beginner, but nevertheless enthusiast, in the use of the shell I want to create a script enabling me to modify those files quickly. I had only some partial success with various peaces of scripts but I would like to create one script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamzesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Link multiple files from different subfolder to a new subfolder

Hi, I have the following subfolder with files: /data/a/1/xxx.txt /data/b/2/yyy.txt /data/c/3/zzz.txt And i have a set of new folders which have exactly the same structure as above but different disk without the files: /data_02/a/1/ /data_02/b/2/ /data_02/c/3/ Now i would like to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: total_ysf
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting part of a filename

Hi All, I'm trying to get part of a filename and my skill with regular expression are lacking. I know I need to use SED but have no idea how to use it. I'm hoping that someone can help me out. The file names would be: prefix<partwewant>suffix.extension the prefix and suffix are always 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

6. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Appending beginning of filename to end

Hi Guys, I have serveral directories like this: (2013) blablabla(blabla) - blabla (blabla) or (1997) blablabla(blabla) - blabla (blabla) and have to rename them to something like that: blablabla(blabla) - blabla (blabla) (2013) and blablabla(blabla) - blabla (blabla) (1997) Easy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nateshift
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing part of filename

Hi guys! I have quite a lot of files like all_10001_ct1212307460308.alf* and I want to get rid of the first number for all at once like: all_ct1212307460308.alf* How can I do this in the shell? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimmyTiz
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files with part of their pathname and copying them to new directory

Hi I think this should be relatively simple but I can't figure it out. I have several files with the same name in different folders within a directory (the output of a program that I ran). Something like this: ./myAnalysis/item1/round1/myoutput.txt ./myAnalysis/item1/round2/myoutput.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jullee
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add part of directory name to filename

Hello, I need to add a part of folder name to the files inside it. For instance the file is HMCBackup_20150430.155027.tgz and it is under directory /nim/dr/HMCBackup/cops22 I need to add cops22 to the file name so as it would be cops22_HMCBackup_20150430.155027.tgz Any help in doing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
10 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)