Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MySQL GUI recommendation
Top Forums Programming MySQL GUI recommendation Post 302976816 by vich on Wednesday 6th of July 2016 12:12:20 PM
Old 07-06-2016
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out.

DevArt is fairly comprehensive. It has query tuning (analyzer) - even a Stored Procedure debugger, data-pumps, administration, etc. For me; the big plus is the workable ergonomics and inherent visual object explorer combined with the inherent ease-n-efficiency of visual "drag-n-drop + click-to-include".

The MySQL optimizer is far from Enterprise level. DevArt doesn't try to optimize and I've definitely seen performance go in the toilet when the JOIN isn't in proper sequence. However; hand-query writing is prone to the same problem. It just takes longer to type and more brain-power to keep it all straight when the joins and aggregations start getting complex.

For more elegant technique; dragging the text into an editor for tuning is a regular thing.

For me however; 80% of my queries are 1-time-only so speed and ease of writing trumps performance. The keepers get more scrutiny.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Hardware Recommendation

My J-Class system seems to have killed its onboard NIC. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a *cost effective* :p NIC for this machine? I am currently running 11i v1 on it, and have available PCI-X 5v slots. Alternatively, perhaps someone knows of where I might find a list of supported... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ipaddict
1 Replies

3. BSD

Partitioning recommendation

I have an old Pentium box pieced together from parts, and the 2G hard drive in it is showing signs of a coming death. I have purchased an 8G HD to replace the old one, and I plan to install NetBSD 1.6.1. The machine is to be used as a home server, with Mail handled as fetchmail -> sendmail ->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: criglerj
4 Replies

4. AIX

Recommendation help...

Hi guys, This is my first post. I have just started my training in AIX and would like some help with regards to training material. I have obtained IBM's CBTs (units 1 through 19) for AIX basics. I am looking at the following books - AIX 5L administration by Randal K Michael. - UNIX from new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theaixeman
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recommendation for a Server?

I would like to buy Itanium or PA-RISC server for the purpose of learning HP-UX operating system. As I don't have money to throw around, I'm looking for something older (used), just good enough to run newer version of OS for studying, experimenting, etc. What do you recommend? What to look for? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moustahil
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LVm recommendation

hey guys i have a question about disadvantage of LVM i search many time but i cant find answer of my question i think it's undocumented. and my question : when or where is not good to use LVM or u dont recommended to use LVM ? is it every where benefit ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhs
3 Replies

7. AIX

X-Client recommendation

Hi folks, Does someone have a good choice for a free xclient software ??? We used to use Xwin32 from Starnet, but there is a licensing issue currently happening and I need to indicate an alternative to it. The idea is just to provide a graphic interface access for AIX. Thanks Regards, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ivan Junior
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mysql GUI tool?

Hi, I am looking for GUI based tool for Mysql. I found few but I need to pay for them to get the license. Since I work for mom & pop company, they don't have any money. :-( I was wondering if you guys know any good GNU tool out there? I get the data on the email, I was wondering if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Open office recommendation

NEED recommendation and assistance on getting open office source installation on redhat 6 linux . I want an open office on redhat 6 linux server . Dont have root access Can someone guide me ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
0 Replies

10. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies
DBF2MYSQL(1)						      General Commands Manual						      DBF2MYSQL(1)

NAME
dbf2mysql, mysql2dbf - convert between xBase and MySQL databases SYNOPSIS
dbf2mysql [-v[v]] [-f] [-u|-l] [-n] [-o field[,field]] [-e conversion-file] [-s old-name=new-name[,old-name=new-name]] [-i field[,field]] [-d database] [-t table] [-c[c]] [-p primary] [-h host] [-F] [-q] [-r] [-x] [-P password] [-U user] dbf-file mysql2dbf [-v[v]] [-u|-l] -d database -t table [-h host] [-q query] [-P password] [-U user] dbf-file DESCRIPTION
dbf2mysql takes an xBase file and sends queries to an MySQL server to insert it into an MySQL table. mysql2dbf dumps a MySQL table to a dbf file. OPTIONS
-v Produce some status output. -vv More verbose. -vvv Even more verbose: produce a progress report. -f Translate all field names in the xBase file to lowercase. -u Translate all text in the xBase file to uppercase. -l Translate all text in the xBase file to lowercase. -n Allow NULL fields: 'NOT NULL' will be not added in table creation statement. -o field[,field[,...]] List fields to insert into MySQL database. Primary use is to ease import of complex dbf files where we want only few fields. NOTE: -o is processed before substitution (-s), so you have to use dbf field names here. -e conversion-file Specify file for CHAR fields conversion. File format is: 1st line: number of characters to convert (number of lines). Further lines: <char_to_convert> <char_after_conversion>. -s old-name=new-name[,old-name=new-name[,...]] Takes a list of field name/new field name pairs. Primary use is to avoid conflicts between field names and MySQL reserved keywords. When the new field name is empty, the field is skipped in both the CREATE clause and the INSERT clauses, i.e. it will not be present in the MySQL table. For example: -s ORDER=HORDER,REMARKS=,STAT1=STATUS1 -i field[,field[,...]] List fields to be indexed. MySQL field names should be used here. -d database Select the database to insert into. Default is 'test'. -t table Select the table to insert into. Default is 'test'. -c[c] Create table if one doesn't exist already. If the table already exists, drop it and build a new one. The default is to insert all data into the named table. If -cc is specified, no records will be inserted. -p primary Select the primary key. You have to give the exact field name. -h host Select the host to insert into. Untested. -F Fixed length records. (By default CHAR is saved as VARCHAR.) -q dbf2mysql: "Quick" mode. Inserts data via temporary file using 'LOAD DATA INFILE' MySQL statement. This increased insertion speed on my PC 2-2.5 times. Also note that during whole 'LOAD DATA' affected table is locked. mysql2dbf: Specify custom query to use. -r Trim trailing and leading whitespace from CHAR type fields data. -x Start each table with _rec and _timestamp fields. -P password Specify password on the MySQL server. -U user Specify user on the MySQL server. BUGS
mysql2dbf can't write MEMO files at this time. Possibly incorrect field lengths for REAL numbers. AUTHORS
Originally written by Maarten Boekhold <boekhold@cindy.et.tudelft.nl>, Oct 1995. Patched for MySQL by Michael Widenius <monty@analytikerna.se>, 3 Nov 1996. Manual page written for Debian GNU/Linux from README by Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@lotte.sax.de>, Aug 1997; updated by Matej Vela <vela@debian.org>, Nov 2001. COPYRIGHT
Use this piece of software as you want, modify it to suit your needs, but please leave my name in place ok? :) DISCLAIMER
The authors do not accept any responsibility for possible damage you get as result of using this program. Debian Project 2001-11-18 DBF2MYSQL(1)