Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers GUI for multiple pattern replacement Post 302976807 by sudden on Wednesday 6th of July 2016 11:53:34 AM
Old 07-06-2016
GUI for multiple pattern replacement

I'm trying to change a few programs in our environment. Basically We have hardcoded some server names and stuff, So I want some one to suggest me some UNIX gui tools that can be used to replace these..

I really don't want to deal doing this through the command line. I want to transfer the files to my windows PC replace these patterns and then move it to the server.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern Replacement

There is a requirement that i need to replaced a pattern by another pattern in all the files in my entire file system. there are 1000s of file in the system. let the pattern is "calcuta". i have to replace this pattern by "kolkata" in all those files which contain "calcuta". I am only able to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: palash2k
12 Replies

2. Linux

matching pattern and replacement

Hi I am trying to look for a view name in create view statement and then replace this view name with VW_ in grants line in my ddl file . cat dim_provider.sql | grep -i "create view" | while read f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 do new_vw=` echo "$f3" | cut -d "." -f2... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
32 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk pattern replacement

Hi I'm a newbie in unix and I'm having trouble in creating a script. I want to search for a pattern '_good' and insert new lines that contains '_bad', '_med', '_fail' while also ensure that the line contains _good is removed here some of the data UPDATE SCHOOL SET GRADE =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Pattern Match (replacement string)

Hello, i am splitting files and sometimes the string of the pattern doesnt exist in the input file it starts for example with 00:00:01. So the output is completely desorganized, is there any way of putting a replacement string in the pattern so it will grab all the times from 00:**:** to first... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-plicit78
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replacement when particular pattern matches in a file

I have a file file123.xml which looks like this xmlEntry="username"="josh" <property="never_back_down"> phone="<178652>" apn=property:address="wonderland" xmlEntry="username"="jessica" <property="never_back_down"> phone="<178653>" apn=property:address="wonderland"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed for selective pattern replacement

Hi I am having a code snippet grant permission to all user sts|ln|uSe|PSG sajncht|se|Use|PPSPSG psg|ln|use|TSPSG sts_user.Me revoke I need to change all occurance of use (uSe,Use,use) with USE. I am using the following sed command for this sed 's//USE/g' s_sample.txt Output: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed noob needs help with replacement pattern.

Hi there, i am absolutely new in shell programming and especially using sed. What i want to do is to replace every emailaddress suffix with another. In my Testfile there is: foo@bar.comMy attempt to replace every @<something>.<someotherthing> is: sed 's/@+\.+/REPLACE/g' test.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donngal
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix file pattern check and replacement

HI Guys , Using UNIX ,I intend to check with correct file pattern Access_file_Record.YYYYMM in path /tmp If the file exist in correct format come out from code . If not found check with different file patterns for same month period YYYYMM ( Like Access_file_Record_YYYYMM.txt or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching and replacement

Hello Everybody, I need a help in the below pattern matching and replacement issue I have a file : emp.txt 21356 suresh 12/12/2012 23511 ramesh 11/06/2011 31456 biswajit 09/08/2013 53134 archan 06/02/2009 first field:- employee id, 2nd field is name and third field is date of joining ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripting
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Pattern Matching and replacement in Gz files

Hi Techies, I need a help in finding junk characters and remove them from a Datafile. we have a file and it had crores of records like below SGSN_MCC_MNC=01150 but sometime due to the issue with sending server we are getting some junk characters in the middle of data like below ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
6 Replies
ESPEAK-GUI(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ESPEAK-GUI(1)

NAME
espeak-gui - graphical user interface for the eSpeak voice synthesizer SYNOPSIS
espeak-gui [OPTIONS] [FILES] DESCRIPTION
espeak-gui is a little application to let the computer read out text for you. If you run espeak-gui listing one or more text files as arguments, the content of those files will be loaded automatically. OPTIONS
The program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with options starting with two dashes (`--'). A summary of options is included below. --version Shows which version of espeak-gui is being executed and exits. --help Shows a short help message listing all supported options and exits. SEE ALSO
espeak BUGS
Please report any bugs on https://bugs.launchpad.net/espeak-gui. AUTHORS
Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals <siegfried@gevatter.com> Joe Burmeister <joe.a.burmeister@googlemail.com> LICENSE
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. January 01, 2010 ESPEAK-GUI(1)