Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - Remove duplicates during array build Post 302976805 by RudiC on Wednesday 6th of July 2016 11:45:58 AM
Old 07-06-2016
There shouldn't be any NR == FNR nor NR != FNR; I simply put in FNR == 1 to exclude the header line(s). The scriptlet should work on any number of files supplied to it as one single stream of data (unless you terribly messed up something).
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arranging an array so that duplicates will turn up first

Hi All, I have an array that contains duplicates as well unique numbers. ex- (21, 33, 35, 21, 33, 70, 33, 35, 50) I need to arrange it in such a way that all the duplicates will come up first followed by unique numbers. Result for the given example should be: (21, 21, 33, 33, 35, 35, 70,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashim
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates

Hello Experts, I have two files named old and new. Below are my example files. I need to compare and print the records that only exist in my new file. I tried the below awk script, this script works perfectly well if the records have exact match, the issue I have is my old file has got extra... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumthreads
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - remove duplicates

I need to use a bash script to remove duplicate files from a download list, but I cannot use uniq because the urls are different. I need to go from this: http://***/fae78fe/file1.wmv http://***/39du7si/file1.wmv http://***/d8el2hd/file2.wmv http://***/h893js3/file2.wmv to this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Remove Duplicates

I have the following code for removing duplicate records based on fields in inputfile file & moves the duplicate records in duplicates file(1st Awk) & in 2nd awk i fetch the non duplicate entries in inputfile to tmp file and use move to update the original file. Requirement: Can both the awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove first duplicates

Hi All, I have searched many threads for possible close solution. But I was unable to get simlar scenario. I would like to print all duplicate based on 3rd column except the first occurance. Also would like to print if it is single entry(non-duplicate). i/P file 12 NIL ABD LON 11 NIL ABC... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybadm
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merge and remove duplicates

Hi all, I need some help to remove duplicates from a file before merging. I have got 2 files: file1 has data in format 4300 23456 4301 2357 the 4 byte values on the right hand side is uniq, and are not repeated anywhere in the file file 2 has data in same format but is not in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy121
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates

I have a file with the following format: fields seperated by "|" title1|something class|long...content1|keys title2|somhing class|log...content1|kes title1|sothing class|lon...content1|kes title3|shing cls|log...content1|ks I want to remove all duplicates with the same "title field"(the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove top 3 duplicates

hello , I have a requirement with input in below format abc 123 xyz bcd 365 kii abc 987 876 cdf 987 uii abc 456 yuu bcd 654 rrr Expecting Output abc 456 yuu bcd 654 rrr cdf 987 uii (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates

Hi I have a below file structure. 200,1245,E1,1,E1,,7611068,KWH,30, ,,,,,,,, 200,1245,E1,1,E1,,7611070,KWH,30, ,,,,,,,, 300,20140223,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001 300,20140224,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001 300,20140225,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001 300,20140226,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejashavele
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicates in C shell Array?

Please help me on this My script name is uniqueArray.csh #!/bin/csh set ARRAY = ( one teo three one three ) set ARRAY = ( $ARRAY one five three five ) How to remove the duplicates in this array ,sort and save those in the same variable or different variable. Thanks in the advance ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies
pki-server-upgrade(8)					      PKI Server Upgrade Tool					     pki-server-upgrade(8)

NAME
pki-server-upgrade - Tool for upgrading Certificate System server configuration. SYNOPSIS
pki-server-upgrade [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
There are two parts to upgrading Certificate System: upgrading the system configuration files used by both the client and the server pro- cesses and upgrading the server configuration files. When upgrading Certificate System, the existing server configuration files (e.g. server.xml, web.xml) may need to be upgraded because the content may have changed from one version to another. The configuration upgrade is executed automatically during RPM upgrade. However, in case there is a problem, the process can also be run manually using pki-server-upgrade. The server upgrade process is done incrementally using upgrade scriptlets. A server consists of the server instance itself and the subsys- tems running in that instance. The upgrade process executes one scriptlet at a time, running through each component (server instance and subsystem) in parallel and completing before executing the next scriptlet. If one component encounters an error, that component is skipped in the subsequent upgrade scriptlets. The upgrade process and scriptlet execution for each component is monitored in upgrade trackers. A counter shows the latest index number for the most recently executed scriptlet; when all scriptlets have run, the component tracker shows the updated version number. The scriptlets are stored in the upgrade directory: /usr/share/pki/server/upgrade/<version>/<index>-<name> The version is the server version to be upgraded. The index is the script execution order. The name is the scriptlet name. During upgrade, the scriptlets will back up all changes to the file system into the following folder: /var/log/pki/server/upgrade/<version>/<index> The version and index values indicate the scriptlet being executed. A copy of the files and folders that are being modified or removed will be stored in oldfiles. The names of the newly-added files and folders will be stored in newfiles. The instance upgrade process is tracked using this file: /var/lib/pki/<instance>/conf/tomcat.conf The subsystem upgrade process is tracked using this file: /var/lib/pki/<instance>/<subsystem>/conf/CS.cfg The file stores the current configuration version and the last successful scriptlet index. OPTIONS
General options --silent Upgrade in silent mode. --status Show upgrade status only without performing the upgrade. --revert Revert the last version. -i, --instance <instance> Upgrade a specific instance only. -s, --subsystem <subsystem> Upgrade a specific subsystem in an instance only. -t, --instance-type <type> Upgrade a specific instance type, by the major version number of the Dogtag instance. For example, use 9 for Dogtag 9 instances and 10 for Dogtag 10. -X Show advanced options. -v, --verbose Run in verbose mode. -h, --help Show this help message. Advanced options The advanced options circumvent the normal component tracking process by changing the scriptlet order or changing the tracker information. WARNING: These options may render the system unusable. --scriptlet-version <version> Run scriptlets for a specific version only. --scriptlet-index <index> Run a specific scriptlet only. --remove-tracker Remove the tracker. --reset-tracker Reset the tracker to match the package version. --set-tracker <version> Set the tracker to a specific version. OPERATIONS
Interactive mode By default, pki-server-upgrade will run interactively to upgrade all server instances and subsystems on the machine. It will ask for a con- firmation before executing each scriptlet. % pki-server-upgrade If there is an error, it will stop and show the error. Silent mode The upgrade process can also be done silently without user interaction: % pki-server-upgrade --silent If there is an error, the upgrade process will stop for that particular instance/subsystem. Other instances/subsystems will continue to be upgraded. Checking upgrade status It is possible to check the status of a running upgrade process. % pki-server-upgrade --status Troubleshooting Check the scriptlet to see which operations are being executed. Once the error is identified and corrected, the upgrade can be resumed by re-running pki-server-upgrade. If necessary, the upgrade can be run in verbose mode: % pki-server-upgrade --verbose It is possible to rerun a failed script by itself, specifying the instance and subsystem, version, and scriptlet index: % pki-server-upgrade --instance pki-tomcat --subsystem ca --scriptlet-version 10.0.1 --scriptlet-index 1 Reverting an upgrade If necessary, the upgrade can be reverted: % pki-server-upgrade --revert Files and folders that were created by the scriptlet will be removed. Files and folders that were modified or removed by the scriptlet will be restored. FILES
/usr/sbin/pki-server-upgrade AUTHORS
Ade Lee <alee@redhat.com>, Ella Deon Lackey <dlackey@redhat.com>, and Endi Dewata <edewata@redhat.com>. pki-server-upgrade was written by the Dogtag project. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2). A copy of this license is avail- able at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt. version 1.0 Jul 22, 2013 pki-server-upgrade(8)