Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Check Multiple conditions in IF statement? Post 302976800 by gull04 on Wednesday 6th of July 2016 10:48:31 AM
Old 07-06-2016
Hi,

What does the whole script look like?

Gull04

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement with two conditions

Hi, I am trying to use && set up to match two conditions within ksh: if && then '''Do something if somehow, I keep getting error message telling me that ] is missing. What's wrong with my code? Thanks a lot for your help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cin2000
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two conditions in one if statement

I'm totally new with bash programming and I don't get it how to put two conditions in one if statement. My code looks like this: h=`date +%k` if && ]; then$h is 10 but I don't get into my if statement. What's wrong here? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with multiple conditions

I have a script that runs on multiple servers. What I want to do is have the script do the following: if $(hostname) is equal to server or server2 then TO_DIR=go else TO_DIR=stop fi I have tried: if if ] Server is hpux. any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multipe conditions in if statement

I have a script that runs every 15 minutes in cron that builds a web page. It runs at 15, 28, 45 and 58 minutes past the hour. (pretty much evry 15 mins). Every 2 hours from 6:28 to 18:28 it sends out emails if it finds errors. I do not want it sending email every single time it runs, every 15... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacemancw
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple conditions in a CASE statement

is it possible to use multiple conditions in a CASE statement? And if so, what is the syntax? I'm trying to use one but can't seem to get it right. I want the statement to be CASE $vendor OR $alias condition 1) statements; condition 2) statements; etc. esac but I keep... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Conditions Perl if Statement

Hello, I'm trying to put together a script that involves pulling data from a config file. I'm attempting to write an if statement to validate one of the pieces of data from the config file, but I think I'm fat fingering it somehow. $config{VALUE} is being pulled from a config file but can only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Picch
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Find Conditions in IF Statement - UNIX

When I try the below if Condition with single condition its working fine. But when I try to Club both its working . But giving wrong results. In my case cond1 = -f ${filename1} = true cond2 = -f ${filename2} = true But Cond1 & Cond2 is resulting in False ??? Please advise ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Reddy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple conditions inside my if statement

Hello, I am using shell scripting and I am recieving odd results from my if statement if I want it to enter the loop only if L1 is equal to zero and one of the other criteria are filled, however it is entering at other times as well. What can i do to fix this? i tried seperating it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryddner
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple conditions inside if statement

I was trying to write multiple conditions inside the if statement but its not working. export VAR_NM=abc.txt export CURR_DT=20131011 export PREV_DT=20131012 if && then echo "Yes" else echo "NO" fi It should return Yes but returning NO always.Appreciate any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If statement with two boolean conditions

#!/bin/bash if && then echo "True" else echo "False" fi Hi everyone, I am new to UNIX, here I have a if statement elevating two boolean conditions. I thought the output should be True because there are + in the statement. But it turns out to be False. Can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mryuyu1111
3 Replies
AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::MUC(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::MUC(3pm)

NAME
AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::MUC - MUC error Subclass of AnyEvent::XMPP::Error METHODS type This method returns either: join_timeout If the joining of the room took too long. no_config_form If the room we requested the configuration from didn't provide a data form. subject_change_forbidden If changing the subject of a room is not allowed. message_error If this is an unidentified message error. If we got a presence error the method "presence_error" returns a AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::Presence object with further details. However, this class tries to provide a mapping for you (the developer) to ease the load of figuring out which error means what. To make identification of the errors with XEP-0045 more clear I included the error codes and condition names. Here are the more descriptive types: password_required Entering a room Inform user that a password is required. (Condition: not-authorized, Code: 401) banned Entering a room Inform user that he or she is banned from the room (Condition: forbidden, Code: 403) room_locked Entering a room Inform user that the room does not exist and someone is currently creating it. (Condition: item-not-found, Code: 404) room_not_creatable Entering a room Inform user that room creation is restricted (Condition: not-allowed, Code: 405) use_reserved_nick Entering a room Inform user that the reserved roomnick must be used (Condition: not-acceptable, Code: 406) not_on_memberlist Entering a room Inform user that he or she is not on the member list (Condition: registration-required, Code: 407) nickname_in_use Entering a room Inform user that his or her desired room nickname is in use or registered by another user (Condition: conflict, Code: 409) room_full Entering a room Inform user that the maximum number of users has been reached (Condition: service-unavailable, Code: 503) The condition and code are also available through the AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::Presence object returned by "presence_error", see below. text This method returns a human readable text if one is available. presence_error Returns a AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::Presence object if this error origins to such an error and not some internal error. message_error Returns a AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::Message object if this error origins to such an error and not some internal error. AUTHOR
Robin Redeker, "<elmex at ta-sa.org>", JID: "<elmex at jabber.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2007, 2008 Robin Redeker, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::MUC(3pm)