Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to clone an AIX 5.3?
Operating Systems AIX How to clone an AIX 5.3? Post 302976776 by bakunin on Wednesday 6th of July 2016 05:14:59 AM
Old 07-06-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin
Notice that you cannot do that on a POWER8 because it won't run AIX 5.3 in an LPAR (that is a hardware limitation).
Quote:
Sorry, my bad. Now that you mentioned it i remember having heard that, but forgot about it. Good catch.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clone harddisk

Hi, i have to make an excect physical copie of a sun unix station harddisk. I have to make all partitions the same on about 60 harddisks, and also they should contain the same data/info. I have hade a look at commands 'DD' and 'UFSDUMP' but both of them are not sufficient enough. Can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirk2
5 Replies

2. Solaris

clone solaris

I have a Sun Solaris 9 and I would like to clone the Operating System from a sun4u Sun Fire 480R machine to a Sun Fire 280R machine. The disk is the same size, the 480R has no space disk slot to the 280R disk for mirrioring, i have no external disk, I am not allowed to take the machine down. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 Clone - Help

I've got two drives in the same Sun server and I've been cloning the boot drive to the secondary drive by using both ufsdump/ufsrestore and the dd command sucessfully. When I try and boot the cloned drive I get the following error: WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found. Most likely the mount... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnj1965
10 Replies

4. AIX

Mount a SAN LUN which contains clone copy - AIX 6.1

Hello Everyone, Can someone help me to mount a SAN hdisk which contains a clone data copy(san) of the remote server to the another machine. Both servers are running in AIX. Thanks in advance ! Regards, Gowtham.G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Clone on virtualBox

Hello; Please,I did the clone on virtualBox, but the machines have the same IP address: eth2 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 8:00:27: f0: 92:19 inet addr: 192.168.1.4 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0 how to change the address please? Thank you so much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

software ID clone

the following command will give me software ID from HP machine with hpux10.2: >uname -a HP-UX bmd350 B.10.20 D 9000/831 2011043966 64-user license The string 2011043966 is the actual software ID which is used as number to license software. Now my machine breaks down and I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derf001
1 Replies

7. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clone redhat to another PC

Hi, I'm a new user of this forum and I'm not an expert of linux. I have a broken old pc with red hat linux, I clone hdd to another pc with different mainboard and it's ok but it has only one problem, the usb ports not work. In the boot this message appears: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitv
9 Replies

9. AIX

Need to clone two AIX machines

Hello, I have two AIX machine and i want to make the two nodes to be identical , so i will change the Hostname, IP and copy the hosts file to node 2. anything else need to copy it from node 1 to node 2 to ensure that two nodes will be the same? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moudmm
8 Replies

10. AIX

Clone 1 Hard disk fromIBM Intellipoint server with AIX 5.x

Hello to all, Im having a new task in a new world (AIX - IBM Servers) I have an IBM Server (Type - 9111-285 very old one) with one Hard disk (73 GB 10 K) with AIX 5.x, and I need to clone the existing disk to another with the same specifications. Could you please give me some advice in order... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
7 Replies
Class::MOP::Method(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Class::MOP::Method(3)

NAME
Class::MOP::Method - Method Meta Object VERSION
version 2.0604 DESCRIPTION
The Method Protocol is very small, since methods in Perl 5 are just subroutines in a specific package. We provide a very basic introspection interface. METHODS
Class::MOP::Method->wrap($code, %options) This is the constructor. It accepts a method body in the form of either a code reference or a Class::MOP::Method instance, followed by a hash of options. The options are: o name The method name (without a package name). This is required if $code is a coderef. o package_name The package name for the method. This is required if $code is a coderef. o associated_metaclass An optional Class::MOP::Class object. This is the metaclass for the method's class. $metamethod->clone(%params) This makes a shallow clone of the method object. In particular, subroutine reference itself is shared between all clones of a given method. When a method is cloned, the original method object will be available by calling "original_method" on the clone. $metamethod->body This returns a reference to the method's subroutine. $metamethod->name This returns the method's name $metamethod->package_name This returns the method's package name. $metamethod->fully_qualified_name This returns the method's fully qualified name (package name and method name). $metamethod->associated_metaclass This returns the Class::MOP::Class object for the method, if one exists. $metamethod->original_method If this method object was created as a clone of some other method object, this returns the object that was cloned. $metamethod->original_name This returns the method's original name, wherever it was first defined. If this method is a clone of a clone (of a clone, etc.), this method returns the name from the first method in the chain of clones. $metamethod->original_package_name This returns the method's original package name, wherever it was first defined. If this method is a clone of a clone (of a clone, etc.), this method returns the package name from the first method in the chain of clones. $metamethod->original_fully_qualified_name This returns the method's original fully qualified name, wherever it was first defined. If this method is a clone of a clone (of a clone, etc.), this method returns the fully qualified name from the first method in the chain of clones. $metamethod->is_stub Returns true if the method is just a stub: sub foo; $metamethod->attach_to_class($metaclass) Given a Class::MOP::Class object, this method sets the associated metaclass for the method. This will overwrite any existing associated metaclass. $metamethod->detach_from_class Removes any associated metaclass object for the method. $metamethod->execute(...) This executes the method. Any arguments provided will be passed on to the method itself. Class::MOP::Method->meta This will return a Class::MOP::Class instance for this class. It should also be noted that Class::MOP will actually bootstrap this module by installing a number of attribute meta-objects into its metaclass. AUTHOR
Moose is maintained by the Moose Cabal, along with the help of many contributors. See "CABAL" in Moose and "CONTRIBUTORS" in Moose for details. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-09-19 Class::MOP::Method(3)