Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 1/13 & Sun Fire V490 Server Post 302976769 by gull04 on Wednesday 6th of July 2016 03:32:58 AM
Old 07-06-2016
Hi,

From the information that you have provided, the network cable seems to be connected into the wrong network interface - ce5 instead of ce0.

The correct port should be the lower of the two ports (ce0 and ce1), these are located on the rear panel step immediately above the serial management port.

Regards

Gull04

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 7 & 9, Iplannet 4.1 and Sun One Web Server 6.1

Hey all, I was wondering whether anyone could give me any tips. I'm a total newcomer when it comes to Solaris and i need to dothe following: Current System: Solaris 7 running IPlannet 4.1: Upgrade (Preserving current data) to: Solaris 9 running Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 Has anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJD
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 7 & 9, Iplannet 4.1 and Sun ONE web server 6.1

Hey all, I was wondering whether anyone could give me any tips. I'm a total newcomer when it comes to Solaris and i need to dothe following: Current System: Solaris 7 running IPlannet 4.1: Upgrade (Preserving current data) to: Solaris 9 running Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 Has anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AJD
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable Serials ports in Sun Fire v490

Hello people from Argentina i said you Hello. I am doing some works from an auditory. They want to disable login prompts on serial ports. Somebody knows how to do that? Thank your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire V490 occasionally downs

I can't find why but I suppose it is because of some hardware failures... I have a Sun Fire V490 with Solaris 10 5/08 which runs Sun Cluster 3.2 and it downs occasionally with a circumstances I can't define... Also I note some strange behavior after server failures: when I ran any diagnostics from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 on v480 & v490

Hello, Can any kind soul please answer this? I want to boot a SunFire v490 with a dvd image we use to boot v480's. Is this possible? Are there caveats to doing this? Thanks muchly, mgb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgb
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun-Fire-V490 Printer Issue After Upgrade of Solaris

Hey Guys I am new here, dont know if any one can assist me with this issue. I have a Sun-Fire-V490 machine that was upgraded to version 9 and patched a few months back. Problem is a few network printers managed by the server is printing an extra page that comes out before and after every print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprogams
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Help with Solaris 8 10/00 Installation on Sun Fire V490 Server

cat note Hi Sun Solaris Experts, When I try to install Solaris 8 10/00 OS via the Solaris 8 Installation Disk on our Sun Fire V490 Server using the command , I get: boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix which means it can't find the unix kernel file on the installation disk . By the way, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies
FOOMATIC-GETPJLOPTIONS(8)				      System Manager's Manual					 FOOMATIC-GETPJLOPTIONS(8)

NAME
foomatic-getpjloptions - <put a short description here> SYNOPSIS
foomatic-getpjloptions device foomatic-getpjloptions hostname port DESCRIPTION
foomatic-getpjloptions Sends a set of PJL commands and reads back the PJL options and status from a printer over a network connection or device bidirectional interface such as parallel, USB, serial. printers to standard output. The output can be piped into foomatic-addpjlop- tions to add options to the database. Options device The interface to which a local printer is connected, e.g. /dev/lp0, /dev/usb/lp0, /dev/tty00, etc. For a parallel port, you must have bidirectional support enabled at the BIOS level and the parallel port driver must support the bidirectional mode. Check your parallel port BIOS settings for EPP/bi-directional mode. hostname Host name or IP address of a network printer (HP JetDirect, DLINK, etc.). port Port on which your network printer listens for socket (Appsocket) connections. Most common ports are 9100 (JetDirect), 10000 (DLINK). Usually you can configure the port via a configuration interface. EXIT STATUS
foomatic-getpjloptions returns ??? AUTHOR
Manfred Wassmann <manolo@NCC-1701.B.Shuttle.de> for the foomatic project using output from the associated binary. Modified by Patrick Pow- ell <papowell at lprng.com> to provide betters support for network printers, error messages, and remove CR and FF from output. WARNINGS
Uni-directional protocols as remote LPD are not supported as no status is returned. Some network print servers which attach to a printer parallel port do not support bidirectional mode. Foomatic Project 2001-05-07 FOOMATIC-GETPJLOPTIONS(8)