Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a variable without multiple concats in a perl scripts that makes a bsub? Post 302976750 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 5th of July 2016 01:38:32 PM
Old 07-05-2016
Try string::sprintf():
Code:
fasta_16S=sprintf("%s/%s/%s%s%s%s", 
               $path, ${id}, ${id}, $MIN_READ_LENGTH_16S, ".fasta" );

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

usage of same variable in multiple scripts

Hi, I have a .test file which has: #!/bin/ksh export TEST_FLAG=1 In the test1.ksh i have: #!/bin/ksh . .test echo $TEST_FLAG When i execute the test1.ksh its showing the value as 1. But if i refer the same variable in another script, the value is not 1. Basically, I need to have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating a variable across multiple shell scripts

I have a shell script similar to: #!/bin/sh a=1 source a1.sh -- Modifies a source a2.sh -- Modifies a echo "After execution, value of a is $a" What i need is a1.sh script modify the same variable a and same with a2.sh. Now the echo "After execution, value of a is $a" should print the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indianjassi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple variable in a variable in Perl

Hi All, I am trying to convert the below Csh while loop into Perl while loop but the problem is that in this csh script, i have 2 variables inside a variable -> $count is a variable {SB$count} as a whole is another variable. Csh is able to assign values to such variable like the below but i do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define multiple mail recipents in a variable in perl

hi I have a perl script from which I call a shell script and pass mail variable to it. The mail works fine if I give 1 recipient but fails for multiple. conv.pl:- $mialing = "anu\@abc.com" rest.sh $mialing rest.sh mail -s "hi" $1 This works fine But I need to define multiple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating a CSV file by multiple PERL scripts

Hi Friends, I'm writing code to update a CSV file by multiple PERL scripts. I've around 2000 PERL scripts which need to register their entries into a CSV file. Hence, I'm inserting following line code in all the 2000 PERL scripts. open(FILE,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable to #BSUB -n in a LSF file

Hi There! I'm writing this LSF script to make it easier to send jobs to a cluster when varying certain parameters. At one point I'd like to do something like: set NPROC = 10 and later on call BSUB using something like: #BSUB -n $NPROC unfortunately for me, this throws an error: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lrayo
4 Replies

7. Programming

help need in the perl script that create one xml file form multiple files.

Hi every one, Please excuse me if any grammatical mistakes is there. I have multiple xml files in one directory, I need to create multiple XML files into one XML file.example files like this</p> file1:bvr.xml ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Variable Value from Multiple Scripts and Use these Variable

Hi to All, Please find below details. file_config.config export file1_status="SUCCESS" export file2_status="SUCCESS" file_one.sh I am calling another two shell script from these script. I need to pass individual two script status (If it's "FAILED") to file_main.sh. file_main.sh I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl match multiple numbers from a variable similar to egrep

I want to match the number exactly from the variable which has multiple numbers seperated by pipe symbol similar to search in egrep.below is the code which i tried #!/usr/bin/perl my $searchnum = $ARGV; my $num = "148|1|0|256"; print $num; if ($searchnum =~ /$num/) { print "found"; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl multiple qr assigned to variable

Experts, I'm having problems with the code below. I'm trying to test $var2 for two different regexs. I thought it could be done per below, but I'm getting the following error when running. $ ./test.pl b fed50c0100**** Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies
curl_printf(3)							  libcurl Manual						    curl_printf(3)

NAME
curl_maprintf, curl_mfprintf, curl_mprintf, curl_msnprintf, curl_msprintf curl_mvaprintf, curl_mvfprintf, curl_mvprintf, curl_mvsnprintf, curl_mvsprintf - formatted output conversion SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/mprintf.h> int curl_mprintf(const char *format, ...); int curl_mfprintf(FILE *fd, const char *format, ...); int curl_msprintf(char *buffer, const char *format, ...); int curl_msnprintf(char *buffer, size_t maxlength, const char *format, ...); int curl_mvprintf(const char *format, va_list args); int curl_mvfprintf(FILE *fd, const char *format, va_list args); int curl_mvsprintf(char *buffer, const char *format, va_list args); int curl_mvsnprintf(char *buffer, size_t maxlength, const char *format, va_list args); char *curl_maprintf(const char *format, ...); char *curl_mvaprintf(const char *format, va_list args); DESCRIPTION
These are all functions that produce output according to a format string and given arguments. These are mostly clones of the well-known C- style functions and there will be no detailed explanation of all available formatting rules and usage here. See this table for notable exceptions. curl_mprintf() Normal printf() clone. curl_mfprintf() Normal fprintf() clone. curl_msprintf() Normal sprintf() clone. curl_msnprintf() snprintf() clone. Many systems don't have this. It is just like sprintf but with an extra argument after the buffer that specifies the length of the target buffer. curl_mvprintf() Normal vprintf() clone. curl_mvfprintf() Normal vfprintf() clone. curl_mvsprintf() Normal vsprintf() clone. curl_mvsnprintf() vsnprintf() clone. Many systems don't have this. It is just like vsprintf but with an extra argument after the buffer that specifies the length of the target buffer. curl_maprintf() Like printf() but returns the output string as a malloc()ed string. The returned string must be free()ed by the receiver. curl_mvaprintf() Like curl_maprintf() but takes a va_list pointer argument instead of a variable amount of arguments. To easily use all these cloned functions instead of the normal ones, #define _MPRINTF_REPLACE before you include the <curl/mprintf.h> file. Then all the normal names like printf, fprintf, sprintf etc will use the curl-functions instead. AVAILABILITY
These function will be removed from the public libcurl API in a near future. They will instead be made "available" by source code access only, and then as curlx_-prefixed functions. See lib/README.curlx for further details. RETURN VALUE
The curl_maprintf and curl_mvaprintf functions return a pointer to a newly allocated string, or NULL if it failed. All other functions return the number of characters they actually outputted. SEE ALSO
printf(3), sprintf(3), fprintf(3), vprintf(3) libcurl 7.12 30 April 2004 curl_printf(3)