Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Implementing Listagg like function in shell Post 302976741 by prohank on Tuesday 5th of July 2016 08:44:04 AM
Old 07-05-2016
Well yes I read it but as I said the default file comes with | by default and it would be preferred if that wasn't replaced with something else as the files are very huge and it is not advised to make their copies.

But may be that's the only thing possible right now. Cheers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Implementing a shell

I'm implementing a shell in C that supports piping, output redirection, and background processing, and a few other commands. I was wondering how I'd go about implementing the output redirection. So, I'd open a file and I'd fork and execute the command. But how would I get stdout into the file? Any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ununium
10 Replies

2. Programming

need help in implementing simple interactive shell in C

hello all, i hv attached herewith my program to implement a simple interactive shell in C. no matter hw hard I try, I keep getting some errors. i need help - urgently !! proj1test7.c: In function `parseCommand': proj1test7.c:102: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nix1209
2 Replies

3. Programming

Implementing a shell in C

Hi, I am implementing a shell in C, with the following problem... Suppose the shell is invoked from the command line as >> myshell < test.in > test.out 2>&1 I have to execute the commands in test.in and redirect them to test.out How does one detect in the main function that the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

implementing mkdir, chdir, mv, pwd inside a shell !

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: need to implement mkdir, chdir, mv, pwd given a shell.cpp directory.cpp and some other files this shell missing these commands, and i need to implement them inside the shell 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: evantheking
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Implementing Queue Using Shell scripts

HI I want to implement a control mechanism using Shell scripts .The intention is to have controlled number of jobs running in parallel External process will kickstart 40 jobs in parallel .All the 40 jobs will call the same generic script with different parameter values .But at a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: police
4 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

7. Programming

Implementing function outside struct

I have this code where I have declared a struct with some functions. Trying to write the function implementation outside the struct declaration and do not know how to proceed. #ifndef ParseEl_hh #define ParseEl_hh #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include "DynBaseObj.hh"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help implementing a timout in my Shell Script for RHEL6

Hey Guys, My problem: I have a script that will be querying the database every minute to see if it gets a response, the response its querying for is "UP" in a table i made called dbup in the database. Now, I am trying to add the component to implement a timeout if the script does not get a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo_VERTICASQL
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Implementing linked list in shell scripting

Hello Experts, Is it possible to implement linked list in shell scripting? is yes then how can we do it? Any working example is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

DB2 Query modification to remove duplicate values using LISTAGG function

I am using DB2 v9 and trying to get country values in comma seperated format using below query SELECT distinct LISTAGG(COUNTRIES, ',') WITHIN GROUP(ORDER BY EMPLOYEE) FROM LOCATION ; Output Achieved MEXICO,UNITED STATES,INDIA,JAPAN,UNITED KINGDOM,MEXICO,UNITED STATES The table... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies
mcopy(1)						      General Commands Manual							  mcopy(1)

Name
       mcopy - copy MSDOS files to/from Unix

Note of warning
       This  manpage  has been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation, and may not be entirely accurate or complete.  See the
       end of this man page for details.

Description
       The mcopy command is used to copy MS-DOS files to and from Unix. It uses the following syntax:

mcopy [-bspanvmQT] [-D clash_option] sourcefile targetfile
	  mcopy [-bspanvmQT] [-D clash_option] sourcefile [ sourcefiles... ] targetdirectory
	  mcopy [-tnvm] MSDOSsourcefile

Mcopy copies the specified file to the named file, or copies multiple files to the named directory.  The source and target  can	be  either
       MS-DOS or Unix files.

The  use  of  a	drive letter designation on the MS-DOS files, 'a:' for example, determines the direction of the transfer.  A missing drive
       designation implies a Unix file whose path starts in the current directory.  If a source drive letter is specified with	no  attached  file
       name (e.g. mcopy a: .), all files are copied from that drive.

If  only  a  single, MS-DOS source parameter is provided (e.g. "mcopy a:foo.exe"), an implied destination of the current directory (`.') is
       assumed.

A filename of `-' means standard input or standard output, depending on its position on the command line.

Mcopy accepts the following command line options:

t      Text file transfer.  Mcopy translates incoming carriage return/line feeds to line feeds when copying from MS-DOS to Unix, and  vice-
	      versa when copying from Unix to MS-DOS.

b      Batch mode. Optimized for huge recursive copies, but less secure if a crash happens during the copy.

s      Recursive copy.  Also copies directories and their contents

p      Preserves the attributes of the copied files

Q      When mcopying multiple files, quits as soon as one copy fails (for example due to lacking storage space on the target disk)

a      Text (ASCII) file transfer.  ASCII translates incoming carriage return/line feeds to line feeds.

T      Text  (ASCII) file transfer with character set conversion.  Differs from -a in the ASCII also translates incoming PC-8 characters to
	      ISO-8859-1 equivalents as far as possible.  When reading DOS files, untranslatable characters are replaced by '#'; when writing  DOS
	      files, untranslatable characters are replaced by '.'.

n      No confirmation when overwriting Unix files.  ASCII doesn't warn the user when overwriting an existing Unix file. If the target file
	      already exists, and the -n option is not in effect, mcopy asks whether to overwrite the file  or	to  rename  the  new  file  (`name
	      clashes') for details).  In order to switch off confirmation for DOS files, use -o.

m      Preserve the file modification time.

v      Verbose. Displays the name of each file as it is copied.

Bugs
       Unlike MS-DOS, the '+' operator (append) from MS-DOS is not supported. However, you may use mtype to produce the same effect:

mtype a:file1 a:file2 a:file3 >unixfile
	  mtype a:file1 a:file2 a:file3 | mcopy - a:msdosfile

See Also
       Mtools' texinfo doc

Viewing the texi doc
       This  manpage  has  been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation. However, this process is only approximative, and some
       items, such as crossreferences, footnotes and indices are lost in this translation process.  Indeed, these items have no appropriate repre-
       sentation  in  the manpage format.  Moreover, not all information has been translated into the manpage version.	Thus I strongly advise you
       to use the original texinfo doc.  See the end of this manpage for instructions how to view the texinfo doc.

*      To generate a printable copy from the texinfo doc, run the following commands:

./configure; make dvi; dvips mtools.dvi

*      To generate a html copy,	run:

./configure; make html

A premade html can be found at `http://www.gnu.org/software/mtools/manual/mtools.html'

*      To generate an info copy (browsable using emacs' info mode), run:

./configure; make info

The texinfo doc looks most pretty when printed or as html.  Indeed, in the info version certain examples are difficult to read due  to  the
       quoting conventions used in info.

mtools-4.0.13							      28Feb10								  mcopy(1)