Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove lines from output in files using awk Post 302976608 by RudiC on Friday 1st of July 2016 12:07:00 PM
Old 07-01-2016
To check for values in field 10 of any subfield identified in field 9, try
Code:
awk '
        {for (n=split ($9, TMP, ":"); n>0; n--) TYPE[TMP[n]] = n
         split ($10, VAL, ":")
         if (VAL[TYPE[SUB]] ~ PAT) next
        }
' SUB="GT" PAT="0/0|1/1|2/2" file
20      60056   .       G      A.       35      PASS    DP=25;PF=20;MF=5;MQ=60;SB=0.800 GT:AD:DP:GQ:FL  0/1:12,13:25:99:PASS,PASS

or, for the last subfield "FL", it yields
Code:
 SUB="FL" PAT="PASS," file
20      60055   .       A       .       35      PASS    DP=25;PF=20;MF=5;MQ=60;SB=0.800 GT:AD:DP:GQ:FL  0/0:25:25:99:PASS
20      60057   .       T       .       35      PASS    DP=26;PF=20;MF=6;MQ=60;SB=0.769 GT:AD:DP:GQ:FL  0/0:26:26:99:PASS
20      60058   .       C      T       35      PASS    DP=25;PF=20;MF=5;MQ=60;SB=0.800 GT:AD:DP:GQ:FL  1/1:25:25:99:PASS

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare lines of two files and print output on screen

hey guys, I have two files both with two columns, I have already created an awk code to ignore certain lines (e.g lines that start with 963) as they wou ld begin with a certain string, however, the rest I have added together and calculated the average. At the moment the code also displays... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlfc
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and to remove the matching lines on both the files

I have two files and need to compare the two files and to remove the matching lines from both the files (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove lines before and after with awk / sed ?

Hi guys, I need to remove the pattern (ID=180), one line before and four lines after. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashimada
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicate lines using awk

Hi, I came to know that using awk '!x++' removes the duplicate lines. Can anyone please explain the above syntax. I want to understand how the above awk syntax removes the duplicates. Thanks in advance, sudvishw :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[uniq + awk?] How to remove duplicate blocks of lines in files?

Hello again, I am wanting to remove all duplicate blocks of XML code in a file. This is an example: input: <string-array name="threeItems"> <item>item1</item> <item>item2</item> <item>item3</item> </string-array> <string-array name="twoItems"> <item>item1</item> <item>item2</item>... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk to remove lines

Hi, I have a file with contents. file1: <2013 tttaaa abc123 <2013 gggdddd <2013 sssssss <2013 eeeee I need to remove the lines which do not have the word "tttaaa" can some one help ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files, remove lines from second based on lines in first

I have two files, a keepout.txt and a database.csv. They're unsorted, but could be sorted. keepout: user1 buser3 anuser19 notheruser27 database: user1,2343,"information about",field,blah,34 user2,4231,"mo info",etc,stuff,43 notheruser27,4344,"hiya",thing,more thing,423... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esoffron
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Question: How to remove lines in which $3 == $1 +4

Hi all, I am trying to delete all lines from a file in which the value in 'column 3' is not the value of 'column 1' + 4. The code below that I tried doesn't work. awk '$3 == $1 + 4 {print}' input > output Example Input:- 1 xxx 2 3 xxx 26 4 xxx 8 2 xxx 9 7 xxx 11 (input file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: livbaddeley
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines that do not start with digit and combine line or lines

I have been searching and trying to come up with an awk that will perform the following on a converted text file (original is a pdf). 1. Since the first two lines are (begin with) text they are removed 2. if $1 is a number then all text is merged (combined) into one line until the next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: output lines with common field to separate files

Hi, A beginner one. my input.tab (tab-separated): h1 h2 h3 h4 h5 item1 grpA 2 3 customer1 item2 grpB 4 6 customer1 item3 grpA 5 9 customer1 item4 grpA 0 0 customer2 item5 grpA 9 1 customer2 objective: output a file for each customer ($5) with the item number ($1) only if $2 matches... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)