Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers What is wrong with file permission? Post 302976512 by bakunin on Thursday 30th of June 2016 05:52:56 AM
Old 06-30-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by baluchen
Can you please let me know what Software i need in order to get "aclget" command?
Sorry, my bad. aclget is the command on AIX, use the getfacl instead.

Just for completeness sake, i remembered a fourth (although quite unprobable) possibility of what might have happened:

D) a DCE (distributed computing enviroment, similar to what Windoze calls a "domain")-cell is set up. Local root will not have automatically authority over all files, only dceroot does have this.

I hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Permission

Hi, When I listed one directory in Sun, it showed that : -rwsr-xr-x 1 root bsmbin 78004 Oct 21 2004 bsmprsm I don't know meaning of the character "s" in "rws" above. I have searched in Sun admin documents but no result. Would you please explain it ? :) Thank you so much. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msg098
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

if [ -s $File ] ; Whats wrong in this ??

Subject="QM DOWN : Daily Monitoring Report " MAIL_RECIPIENTS="someone@some.where" dspmq > tempdspmq.txt.$$ cat tempdspmq.txt.$$ sed -n '/Running/p' tempdspmq.txt.$$ > temp cat temp if then echo "1 DONE" cat "$/clocal/mqbrkrs/user/mqsiadm/sanjay/temp" | mailx -s "$Subject" $MAIL_RECIPIENTS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
5 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

file permission/acl: 2 users with write access on 1 file...

Hello, i need some help/advice on how to solve a particular problem. these are the users: |name | group | ---------- --------------- |boss | department1 | |assistant | department1 | |employee | department1 | |spy | department2 | this is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elzalem
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Wrong rotate permission

Hali All, I have a big problem. (REDHAT) I have a logrotate definition for wtmp: /var/log/wtmp { monthly minsize 1M create 0644 root utmp rotate 9 } There is a line for create the file with 0644 permission. If I run the definition manually it works as well, but when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalaso
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File permission

Only kernel can write to a directory file. Then what does write permission for a directory imply? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File command return wrong filetype while file holds group separator char.

hi, I am trying to get the FileType using the File command. I have one file, which holds Group separator along with ASCII character. It's a Text file. But when I ran the File command the FileType is coming as "data". It should be "ASCII, Text file". Is the latest version of File... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arpitak29
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output when writing to file

Hello, I am having problem while redirecting output to a file where as on console output is proper. for dir in */; do printf "%s, " "$dir"; ls -m "$dir"; echo; done > output.txt Output of above command is coming in single line but when i am redirecting output to a file, single line i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manoj Rajput
10 Replies

9. Solaris

File created with wrong timestamp

Hi All, We are working on solaris 10. I create a file using touch command and when list the file, it does not shows the right timestamp. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_kmehra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify lines with wrong format in a file and fix

Gurus, I have a data file which has a certain number of columns say 101. It has one description column which contains foreign characters and due to this some times, those special characters are translated to new line character and resulting in failing the process. I am using the following awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tumsri
4 Replies
create clearinghouse(1m)												  create clearinghouse(1m)

NAME
create clearinghouse - Creates a clearinghouse on the local server system or makes an existing clearinghouse available SYNOPSIS
cdscp create clearinghouse clearinghouse-name ARGUMENTS
The full name of the clearinghouse. DESCRIPTION
The create clearinghouse command creates a clearinghouse on the local server system or makes an existing clearinghouse available. The server start-up command usually creates a new clearinghouse when you configure a new CDS server. Occasionally, you may need to create a second clearinghouse on a particular server; for example, if you are temporarily relocating a clearinghouse on a different server. See the OSF DCE Administration Guide for more information about relocating a clearinghouse. Clearinghouses should be named only in the root. When you enter the command, CDS creates a read-only replica of the root directory and stores it in the new clearinghouse as the initial replica. Because the process that creates the new clearinghouse initiates a skulk of the root directory, all replicas of the root should be reachable when you enter the command. Privilege Required You need write permission to the server on which you intend to create the clearinghouse and administer permission to the cell root direc- tory. The server principal needs read, write, and administer permission to the cell root directory. NOTES
This command is usually executed only by the network configuration procedure. To ensure that all replicas of the root are reachable, per- form an immediate skulk of /.: prior to issuing this command. This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command creates a clearinghouse named /.:/Boston_CH on the local server system: cdscp> create clearinghouse /.:/Boston_CH RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: clear clearinghouse(1m), delete clearinghouse(1m), list clearinghouse(1m), set cdscp preferred clearinghouse(1m), show cached clearinghouse(1m), show cdscp preferred clearinghouse(1m), show clearinghouse(1m) Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide create clearinghouse(1m)