Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Tried to change user name, now cannot log in Post 302976490 by Aia on Wednesday 29th of June 2016 08:32:43 PM
Old 06-29-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinu
guest-rVMxCC@fuckup:~$ id guest-mKNnW5
id: guest-mKNnW5: no such user

---------- Post updated at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:31 PM ----------

My password did not let me in
Yeah, I thought that username you posted previously was reveling, but this confirms it, anyway. You are login in as a very limited guest user. That's why the name changes every time. You are not login as the normal user, the one you have to make in order to install the OS.

At this point, if you do not remember what that credentials were, you might need to try to recover it. However, I warn you that you might render the system unusable.

Here's a link from the Ubuntu camp. It should be about the same.

Last edited by Aia; 06-29-2016 at 09:41 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

User name change?

Hello, I love the service. My username is Jmt. Can I change that to WebKruncher? Thanks, -Jmt WebKruncher.com - sole proprietor. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jmt
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Change of user name

I am on several other Forums under the handle of FloridaBD and therefore would like to request that my user name here on Unix forums be changed from SunBurntYux to FloridaBSD Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunBurntYux
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change user> to user@host> ssh prompt

Hi, I was wondering how to change the prompt for my ssh login. At the moment it is like user> while I'd like it to be as user@host> It is in the .bash_profile or .ssh ??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmasterkim
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change user

Hi, I have to change many times user in a script. With the command su userName I receive the request for password. I need to open a session with another user I would put the password at the beginning. How can I do it? Thanks, bye bye. ---------- Post updated 22-04-10 at 10:58 AM ----------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdujaparov
9 Replies

6. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX User Change Log

Hello All, If a user in AIX is locked due to multiple failed login attempts. How do I find out the IP address from where failed attempts were made? regards, Roshni (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to change normal user id to LDAP user id?

If I create a new user id test: mkuser id=400 test then I want it to LDAP user: chuser -R LDAP SYSTEM=LDAP registry=LDAP test It shows: 3004-687 User "test" does not exist. How to do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change user

Hi All, need your assistance, how can i change user again after i change my user. here is the code that i tried su - myuser #success su - webuser ##what i want to try is to change user again to webuser from myuser account my output is it cannot change to webuser account. only in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: meister29
8 Replies
MOUNT_AFP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_AFP(8)

NAME
mount_afp -- mount an afp (AppleShare) filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_afp [-i] [-s] [-k] [-o options] afp_url node DESCRIPTION
The mount_afp command mounts the AFP volume denoted by the afp_url afp://[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]host[:port]/volumename at the mount point indicated by node. This command is normally executed by mount(8) when the -t afp option is used. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the afp URL, including username & password if needed. The arguments and options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the password if you did not supply one in the url. -s Soft mount (default). Network errors, e.g. timeouts, will be retried for a much shorter amount of time. If the network errors per- sist, then the mount will be force unmounted. -k Hard mount. Network errors, e.g. timeouts, will be retried for an extended amount of time. If the network errors persist, then the mount will be force unmounted. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. Additional options supported by the AFP Client are as follows: nobrowse Indicate to the Carbon subsystem that this volume is not to be displayed to the user. automounted Set flags on the mountpoint to indicate that the volume has been mounted by the automounter. afp_url There are two forms of afp URL, one for TCP/IP and one for AppleTalk: afp://[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]host[:port]/volume afp:/at/[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]servername[:zonename]/volume Denotes the afp server and sharepoint to mount. It may also contain the username & password required to log into the server. uamname is the protocol name of the authentication method. If port is not specified, then port 548 is used. node Path to mount point, which must be a directory that the user has write permissions for. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the afp volume server.company.com/volumename/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt: mkdir /Volumes/mntpnt mount_afp afp://username:userpass@server.company.com/volumename/ /Volumes/mntpnt This example shows the proper url to use to mount the volume guestVolume from the afp server myserver as guest (if no uam and no username, then use guest uam): mkdir /Volumes/guest mount_afp "afp://myserver/guestVolume" /Volumes/guest This example shows the proper url to use to mount the volume myVolume from the afp server myserver using Kerberos authentication: mkdir /Volumes/myVolume mount_afp "afp://;AUTH=Client%20Krb%20v2@myserver/myVolume" /Volumes/myVolume SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_afp command first appeared Mac OS X version 10.0. Kerberos authentication was added in Mac OS X version 10.2 RETURN VALUES
0 mount_afp successfully mounted the volume directory. [ENODEV (19)] The server volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the server was not found or because the sharepoint does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [EACCES (13)] The volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. [ENOTDIR (20)] The volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the mountpoint was not a directory. Mac OS X May 8, 2002 Mac OS X