Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash script for check files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script for check files Post 302976434 by smoofy on Wednesday 29th of June 2016 09:14:06 AM
Old 06-29-2016
Why are you using "find" command in the conditions?
Check if file exists is easily done by simple using [-f "name_of_the_file"] structure.
Using condition your way you are asking if whatever output of 'find "$FULLFN"' is exists as a file, which is probably not what you want.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to check the first character in string

Hello would appreciate if somebody can post a bash script that checks if the first character of the given string is equal to, say, "a" thnx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ole111
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to check if mounted, and mount if not

I'd like to make a wrapper bash script that will make sure that an nfs mount is mounted before launching a program that depends on the mount being active. Basically: 1) Check to see if the mount is active 2) If it's not active, try to mount it 3) If it won't mount because the nfs server is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Running a Check in Bash Script

Hey guys, so I wrote a small script that pretty much just takes in two numbers and counts from the first to the second, e.g. unknown-hacker|544> count.sh 1 3 1 2 3 My problem is I want to make it so that if you input invalid parameters, such as non-numerical characters, more than 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duo11
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to check if a program is running

I'm a bit new to bash programming and I was assigned the job of writing a script that will check to see if a program server is running and to restart the program if it is not up. The script is supposed to check the program every hour (which I have looked up and I believe I know how to do) and send... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcknz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to check USB in linux

I need a bash script to check connected/disconnected usb with linux. I know command lsusb can be use to list down usb connect with linux. output of lsusb command is like this: Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0951:1643 Kingston... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script to check if script itself is running

hi guys we've had nagios spewing false alarm (for the umpteenth time) and finally the customer had enough so they're starting to question nagios. we had the check interval increased from 5 minutes to 2 minutes, but that's just temporary solution. I'm thinking of implementing a script on the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password check in bash script calling on expect

password check in bash script calling on expect Background: I have to copy a file from one server, to over 100 servers in a test environment. once the file is copied, it requires to have the permissions on the file changed/verified. These are all linux servers. most of them have the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2legit2quit
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check day name is it saturday in bash shell script?

How to check the day name,is it saturday in bash shell script. If dayname = saturday then run the full load else run just the incremental loads end if Thank you very much for the helpful information. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script to check the files based up on UST time.

i have 3 regions like AWS,EMEA,APJ and i use to get 3 files like a,b,c files at 3 am ust for AWS region in common shared path and x,y,z files At 10 am ust for EMEA and 1,2,3,4,5 files at 11 pm UST for APJ region. In this files name wont change daily it remain same but the file name is not same for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saranath
2 Replies
test(1sh5)																test(1sh5)

Name
       test - condition evaluation command

Syntax
       test expr
       [ expr ]

Description
       The  command  evaluates the expression expr.  If the value of expr is true, the command returns a zero exit status; otherwise, it returns a
       nonzero exit status.  The command also returns a nonzero exit status if no arguments are specified.  The following primitives are  used	to
       construct expr:

-r file	      True if file exists and is readable.

-w file	      True if file exists and is writable.

-x file	      True if file exists and is executable.

-f file	      True if file exists and is a regular file.

-d file	      True if file exists and is a directory.

-c file	      True if file exists and is a character special file.

-b file	      True if file exists and is a block special file.

-p file	      True if file exists and is a named pipe (fifo).

-u file	      True if file exists and its set-user-ID bit is set.

-g file	      True if file exists and its set-group-ID bit is set.

-k file	      True if file exists and its sticky bit is set.

-s file	      True if file exists and has a size greater than zero.

-t [ fildes ]  True if the open file whose file descriptor number is fildes (1 by default) is associated with a terminal device.

-z s1	      True if the length of string s1 is zero.

-n s1	      True if the length of the string s1 is non-zero.

s1 = s2	      True if strings s1 and s2 are identical.

s1 != s2       True if strings s1 and s2 are not identical.

s1	      True if s1 is not the null string.

n1 -eq n2      True  if	the integers n1 and n2 are algebraically equal.  Any of the comparisons -ne, -gt, -ge, -lt, and -le may be used in
		      place of -eq.

These primitives can be combined with the following operators:

!	      unary negation operator.

-a	      binary and operator.

-o	      binary or operator (-a has higher precedence than -o).

( expr )       parentheses for grouping.

Note that all the operators and flags are separate arguments to the command.  Note also that parentheses are meaningful to  the	Shell  and
       must  be  escaped.   In the form of the command that uses square brackets ([]), instead of the word test, the brackets must be delimited by
       blanks.

See Also
       find(1), sh5(1), test(1)

test(1sh5)