Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Code to convert CDT to EDT
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Code to convert CDT to EDT Post 302976344 by rozee on Tuesday 28th of June 2016 11:21:12 AM
Old 06-28-2016
Thanks RudiC and Don.... Solution worked... Also I had another time conversation to take care in this below formate
Code:
CT="Wed Jun 22 22:20:45 CDT 2016

And used this code and it converted to my system EDT time, with addition of 1hour
Code:
 date --date="$CT" +"%-m/%-d/%y %I:%M %p"

Just want to know above code is fine in all 365 days or any other better way to handle this?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

here-doc convert 2 script convert to single script?

I have my main script calling another script to retrive a "ls -alt" of a directory that's located in a remote location I'm sftping into. main.sh #!/bin/ksh getLS.sh > output.txt getLS.sh #!/bin/sh /home<..>/sftp <host@ip> <<! cd /some/dir/Log ls -alt quit ! Basically I'd like to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

python code...convert to ksh or sh

Helloo... I am not much familiar with python..I found this small script in python I even do not have python on my computer...can anyone help me out to convert this into ksh or sh.. PLEASE any help I will appreciate.. here is python code.. #!/usr/bin/env python import random # Get a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert perl code to shell script

This is about how to Monitoring folder for new files using shell script im doing a project using smsserver tools 3. i have used a perl script to handle incoming messages. the content of each message must be directed to a java program. this program generates the answer to reply to the user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x34
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert decimal notation to ANSI point code notation

wondering if anyone has any thoughts to convert the below thru a shell script Convert decimal signalling point notation to ANSI point code notation There is a site that does that conversion but i need to implement the solution in a shell script.....Thoughts.... OS: Solaris 9 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a file containing hex code to decimal using script?

The file contains code like the below and need to convert each one into a decimal 00 00 00 04 17 03 06 01 So the output should come as 0 0 0 4 23 3 6 1 (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
24 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time

Hi Folks, My server time is in EDT. And i am sending automated mails from that server in which i need to display the current date time as per IST (GMT+5:30). Please advice how to display the date time as per IST. IST time leads 9:30 mins to EDT. and i wrote something like below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to convert LDIF to CSV

Team , I am new to perl. Can someone help me out to convert LDIF file to csv format using perl logic ? LDIF file format contains values : ID : name/Bose-IND/ORD,cu-150,ou=ends Connection_Time: 02:12:54 EST LDAP: yes Link: ABC Home Page - ABC.com Expected outcome should with column... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies
wstring(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wstring(3C)

NAME
wstring, wscasecmp, wsncasecmp, wsdup, wscol - Process Code string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <widec.h> int wscasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); int wsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, int n); wchar_t *wsdup(const wchar_t *s); int wscol(const wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on Process Code strings terminated by wchar_t null characters. During appending or copying, these routines do not check for an overflow condition of the receiving string. In the following, s, s1, and s2 point to Process Code strings terminated by a wchar_t null. wscasecmp(), wsncasecmp() The wscasecmp() function compares its arguments, ignoring case, and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, depending upon whether s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. It makes the same comparison but compares at most n Process Code characters. The four Extended Unix Code (EUC) codesets are ordered from lowest to highest as 0, 2, 3, 1 when characters from different codesets are compared. wsdup() The wsdup() function returns a pointer to a new Process Code string, which is a duplicate of the string pointed to by s. The space for the new string is obtained using malloc(3C). If the new string cannot be created, a null pointer is returned. wscol() The wscol() function returns the screen display width (in columns) of the Process Code string s. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level MT-Safe | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3C), string(3C), wcstring(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Dec 1996 wstring(3C)