Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP a file using Shell Scripting (Help needed) Post 302976308 by tradingspecial on Monday 27th of June 2016 08:17:45 PM
Old 06-27-2016
Code:
#!/bin/sh

LOG=/xx/xx/xx/xx/xx/xx/xx

export day=`(date +'%m%d%y_%H%M_')`
set -x

PATH=$1
PATH1=$2
FILE=$3
FILE_T=$4

echo "FTP Started "  >$LOG/$FILE.log
/usr/bin/ftp -inv xx-xxx-xx 221 >>$LOG/$FILE.log <<EOF
user anonymous xxx@xx.xx.x
binary

cd $PATH

mget $FILE
mget $FILE_T

delete $FILE_T

quit

EOF

cd /xx/xx/xx/xx/xx/xx/xx

chmod -f 777 xxxx*.*

if [ -f $FILE_T ]
then

echo "$file found."

else
	echo "$file not found."
fi

rm -f $FILE_T

-----------------------

error

Code:
+ chmod -f 777 xxx.csv xxxx.flag
./GET_FILE_FTP_QA.sh: line 44: chmod: command not found
+ '[' -f xxx.flag ']'
+ echo ' found.'
 found.
+ rm -f xxx.flag
./GET_FILE_FTP_QA.sh: line 58: rm: command not found

when i give chmod or rm it says command not found

Last edited by Don Cragun; 06-27-2016 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags again.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in shell scripting......urgent

Dear friends, please help me to solve following problem. I'm running a frontend application from which i'll be invoking the shell script with arguments as given below -driver -w -p "ABC XYZ" -S -ds con -dn "abc xyz" i am getting $1=-driver $2=-w $3=-p $4="ABC $5=XYZ" $6=-S $7=-ds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - shell scripting

I have a file that has text in the format below ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / How can I seperate the text between a pair of 'ABC' into seperate files ??? any information would be of great help. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHell Scripting Help Needed

Dear All, I have an input file like this interface Serial10/0/7:11.1 point-to-point description CLIENT:SA_INSTITUTO ANGLO MEXICANO Sitio Metepec 104452:0,165 bandwidth 64 ip vrf forwarding INSTITUTO-ANGLO ip address 192.168.148.217 255.255.255.252 no ip directed-broadcast frame-relay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - ksh shell scripting

Hi all, i m new to Unix shell scripting(ksh) i have a requirement, can anyone help me out in this.. spec: i need to move all the files landing in "X" directory to "Y" directory automatically everyday at a particular time.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in shell scripting

" how to write a script to send an error in a log file to a particular E-Mail ID " Can anyone help me in this ? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for shell scripting for oracle.

Hi, Please see contains both files created for automating the data from oracle through shell. 1)a_p.ksh #!/bin/ksh LOG=/home/A_P.log MESSAGE=/home/MESSAGE_A_P.txt mail_list=/home/AP_MAIL_LIST.txt data=/home/spooled_A_P.log echo "`date` Starting execution for A_P COUNT" > $LOG ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Shell scripting

Hi All, I need to split a flatfile based on it's first character, I am using the following script awk '{print > "TEST_substr($0,1,1).txt"}' PROVIDER.txt It is returning files TEST_1 and TEST_2 But I am not getting the .txt file extension. I need the files like TEST_1.txt and ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam35
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for creating ftp and transfer file

Dear All, We run backup script to update backup file every hour. I want to create a script, which transfer these files in another server using ftp as new backup file created every hour. Files should be stored with a unique name for every hour(e.g 20130708_13:00 , 20130708_14:00 and so on) and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Saini
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell scripting - help needed

Can anyone please help me to create the output file based on the attached input files using ksh script. I have 2 input files 1) inputfile1.txt 2) inputfile2.txt The script should accept 2 parametes: 1. Inputfile2.txt with 1-10,000 values ( sample file contains only 4 records) 2. Script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
5 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)