Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash in Emergency Mode
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Bash in Emergency Mode Post 302976285 by MadeInGermany on Monday 27th of June 2016 12:20:50 PM
Old 06-27-2016
Actually it should say "not found" and come back to the command line.
Perhaps after some time-out.
Give it a Ctrl-C interrupt!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

python vs bash - verbose mode

hey all! i'm looking how to render verbose python scripts. what i'm looking for would be an equivalent to a "bash -xf" in bash script headers.. Any help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh to bash mode

Hi guys... I have a ksh shell by default, so when I login to my unix box, all my .profile statements gets executed(including the aliases). But for some reasons(may be not comfortable using ksh), I would always switch to BASH(in the same session but as a child process) but in the process I am... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
16 Replies

3. SuSE

Convet Linux OS from text mode to graphic mode

Hi All, I used to have my suse linux(VM) server in graphic mode but not anymore since morning. I cant rolback since i loose somuch work. Any idea how to it back to normal. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the difference between single line mode and multiline mode in Regular expressions?

Hi All, Can please let me know what is the difference between the single line mode and multi line mode in regular expresions? Thanks, Chidhambaram B (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tftp batch mode within bash script

Hi, I put the necessary tftp commands into a batch file and I can run tftp by $ tftp < tftpbatchscript in bash command line and then successfully exit. Now, I want to put a line which does the same thing above. However, when I put this line into a bash script, the lines below this line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yildiz.a
1 Replies

6. Solaris

DNS service is in maintenance mode. How to bring it back to online mode?

:confused: when i tried to look the status of DNS-client, it is in maintenance mode..... Please tell me how to bring it back to online mode...PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.... PLEASE... :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

7. Debian

Disabling emergency and init mode

Hello all friends I recently disable runlevel 1 i want to know , is there any way to disable emergency mode and init mode init mode means if any user pass kernel parameter at grub i.e init=/bin/bash then bash shell appears I want to disable it for security purpose System = Debian 6... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New user in bash mode

when I created user and use su - username then its prompt come in bash mode # su - uusr -bash-4.1$ What is this bash mode . this also show -bash-4.1$ touch filename touch: cannot touch `filename': Permission denied Please use CODE tags (not ICODE tags) when displaying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

From a C++ application how to find if a hpux host is in standard mode or trusted mode

is there a way for my C++ application to find out which mode the hpux OS is running in? standard mode or trusted mode. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
3 Replies
qshutdown(1)						      General Commands Manual						      qshutdown(1)

NAME
qshutdown - An avanced shutdown tool SYNOPSIS
qshutdown [options] DESCRIPTION
qshutdown is a simple tool to choose a time or a number of minutes to shutdown, reboot, suspend or hibernate after. qshutdown will show itself 3 times as a warning if there are less than 70 seconds left. (if 1 Minute or local time +1 Minute was set it'll appear only once.) This program uses qdbus to send a shutdown/reboot/suspend/hibernate request to either the gnome- or kde-session-manager, to HAL/ConsoleKit/DeviceKit/UPower and if none of these works, the command 'sudo shutdown' will be used. OPTIONS
-h --help Prints options with description. -i Prints information about qshutdown. -v Prints all errors and warnings. NOTES
When sending the request to HAL or ConsoleKit, or the shutdown command is used, the Session will never be saved. If the shutdown command is used, the program will only be able to shutdown and reboot. If nothing happens when the shutdown- or reboot-time is reached, it means that one lacks the rights for the shutdown command. In this case one can do the following: Post the following in a terminal: $ EDITOR=nano sudo -E visudo and add this line: * ALL = NOPASSWD:/sbin/shutdown whereas * replaces the username or %groupname. For admins: If you want qshutdown to run with "parental lock" for every user, you can do $ sudo cp /usr/share/qshutdown/autostart/99qshutdown /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ and set the option Lock_all in /root/.qshutdown/qshutdown.conf to true. Note that qshutdown has to start once to generate the qshut- down.conf. Furthermore there is a need to do $ EDITOR=nano sudo -E visudo and add the following line to the sudoers: * ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/qshutdown If you should ever forget your set password, just remove the whole line starting with Password manually from the qshutdown.conf. FILES
The configurationfile (and logfile) is located at ~/.qshutdown/ (under Linux/Unix). The maximum Number of countdown_minutes is 1440 (24 hours). KNOWN ISSUES
There is no system tray icon for qshutdown in Ubuntu 11.04. SOLUTION: Type the following line in a terminal: $ gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist "['all']" HINTS ON USAGE
If you want qshutdown to stop "bugging" you, just remove the hook from "warnings on?". HOTKEYS
Ctrl+I information window Ctrl+Q Quit Ctrl+P Prefereces Ctrl+L write the run time once into the logfile (works only if qshutdown quits. To make it permanent set it in the preferences.) Ctrl+S set to shutdown Ctrl+R set to restart Ctrl+U set to suspend to RAM Ctrl+H set to hibernate Ctrl+E stop timer (only if the countdown has started and the admin didn't restrict the access) Shift+E to edit the config file (for this a password is necessary. If you are a user, you can set an "empty password" (leave the password field empty)). AUTHOR
Christian Metscher <hakaishi@web.de> 2011-10-23 qshutdown(1)