Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Structure of find command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Structure of find command Post 302976201 by Aia on Saturday 25th of June 2016 08:33:32 PM
Old 06-25-2016
What you have to keep in mind is that -prune is an action and not a condition.
The general break down to the use of prune in find:
Code:
find <path> <condition of prune> -prune -o <other conditions> <action>

Last edited by Aia; 06-25-2016 at 09:39 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why cant i find my ftp directories in the unix structure

Hi, I'm new here so hello to everyone...i'm also new to linux/unix but got my first dedicated server about 2 weeks ago and have been using ssh to configure it on ubuntu linux. I have a question about something i can't work out....if i use ftp to transfer files ( php, html, javascript files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elduderino
2 Replies

5. Programming

Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure

Hello Groups I am trying to find out ways of comparing a value from a 'c' structure to a value in another 'C' structure. the 'C' structure can be a List or liked list as it contains lot many records. if we loop it in both the structures it is going to consume time. I am looking for a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

stop unix find on a directory structure after finding 1st occurrence

Hi, Has anyone tried to restrict Solaris 10 unix find on a large directory structure based on time to stop running after finding the first occurrence of a matching query. Basically I'm trying to build up a usage map of user workspaces based on file modification (week/month/3 months/year etc) and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm0221
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run a command on all txt files present in a dir structure

Hi, I have a directory structure like the one given below root\a\b1 root\a\b2 root\b\b1 root\b\b2 . . . root\j\b1 root\j\b2 Now, there are a txt files in each dir and subdir, there is a root.txt I have to write a script where in i have to run a command called "genrb <filename>"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramsinghnegi
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a tree structure in software modules

I have a list of software funtions in tcl code. Some of these functions call other functions. I want to build a tree structure of all called functions. Right now I list all the functions into a file then read this file so that I can cat each function and grep for EXECUTE (command that calls... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find size, cp breaks directory structure

I'm using this now: find /some/path/with/sourcefiles -type f -size -7M -exec /bin/cp -uv {} /some/path/ \; but it doesn't preserve the directory structure, also I've tried it with find /some/path/with/sourcefiles -type f -size -7M -exec /usr/bin/rsync -auv {} /some/path/ \; but that doesn't... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find mv and create directory structure

Hi there, I'm trying to pull all my flacs out of my Music collection. I can do it with following command find b/ -name *.flac -exec mv {} flac/ \; which works great except it moves all the flac files to the flac folder. I want it to recreate the original folder the flacs were found in and mv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fistikuffs
8 Replies
BOOTCHART(1)						      General Commands Manual						      BOOTCHART(1)

NAME
bootchart - render a chart from the statistical data recorded with bootchartd SYNOPSIS
bootchart [-f|--format FORMAT] [-n|--no-prune] [-o|--output-dir DIR] files ... DESCRIPTION
bootchart is used to process the log file created by bootchartd(1) (/var/log/bootchart.tgz by default). bootchart builds the process tree and renders a performance chart in different formats. The chart may then be analyzed to examine process dependency and overall resource utilization. OPTIONS
-f,--format FORMAT Sets the format of the image. Possible values are: png, eps, svg (default) -h, --help Display brief usage message. -n, --no-prune Do not prune the process tree. To make the resulting process tree more comprehensible, bootchart will prune the tree using various techniques (removing short-lived processes, merging processes, etc.). This option disables such behavior. -o, --output-dir DIR Sets the output directory for the resulting image. (default: .) -v, --version Show program version. FILES
/var/log/bootchart.tgz the default log file to parse (unless otherwise specified). SEE ALSO
bootchartd(1) AUTHOR
bootchart was written by Ziga Mahkovec <ziga.mahkovec@klika.si>. This manual page was written by Jorg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2006-03-05 BOOTCHART(1)