Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Open Source Splitting files using awk and reading filename value from input data Post 302976187 by rbatte1 on Saturday 25th of June 2016 02:56:55 AM
Old 06-25-2016
I think you've got it just right, but it will take me a bit to decipher your code!

Many thanks,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files by splitting the path embedded in the filename

Hello All. I am having a directory /tmp/rahul which contains many files in the format @#home@#rahul@#programs@#script.pl where /home/rahul/programs is the directory where the script.pl file is to be placed. I have many files in this format. What i want is a script which read these... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading in data sets into arrays from an input file.

Hye all, I would like some help with reading in a file in which the data is seperated by commas. for instance: input.dat: 1,2,34,/test for the above case, the fn. will store the values into an array -> data as follows: data = 1 data = 2 data = 34 data = /test I am trying to write... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidamin810
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk reading 2 input files but not getting expected value

I'm reading 2 input files but not getting expected value. I should get an alpha value on file_1_data but not getting any. Please help. >cat test6.sh awk ' FILENAME==ARGV { file_1_data=$0; print "----- 1 Line " NR " -----" $1; next } FILENAME==ARGV { file_2_data=$0; print "----- 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting input files into multiple files through AWK command

Hi, I needs to split *.txt files from single directory depends on the some mutltiple input values. i have wrote the code like below for file in *.txt do grep -i -h "value1|value2" $file > $file; done. My requirment is more input values needs to be given in grep; let us say 50... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename from splitting files to have the same filename of the original file with counter value

Hi all, I have a list of xml file. I need to split the files to a different files when see the <ko> tag. The list of filename are B20090908.1100-20090908.1200_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1200-20090908.1300_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1300-20090908.1400_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading two input files in awk

Hello, I'm trying to write an awk program that reads two files inputs. example, file 1: 0.00017835 0.000176738 0.00018811 0.000189504 0.000188155 0.000180065 0.000178991 0.000178252 0.000182513 file 2: 1.7871769E-05 1.5139576E-16 1.5140196E-16 1.5139874E-16 1.7827407E-04 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseamck
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting input CSV file into 3 files

Hi , I am receiving a CSV file that can vary in number of rows each time. I am supposed to split this file into 3 separate files like this: 1. create a file named 'File1.csv' that will contain first 3 rows of the input file 2. create file named 'File2.csv' that will contain last 3 rows of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedrick
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting the Data using awk

Hello All, I have a comma delimiter file with 10 columns. I took the desired data but from $4 I need to split into two columns as 3+7 bytes. awk -F"," -v OFS=',' '{print $2,$3,$4}' foo.txt 42366,11/10/2014,5012418769 42366,11/10/2014,2046955672 42366,11/10/2014,2076802951 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embed data instead of reading user input from an array?

Hello, I am running under ubuntu1 14.04 and I have a script which is sending given process names to vanish so that I'd see less output when I run most popular tools like top etc in terminal window. In usual method it works. Whenever I restart the system, I have to enter the same data from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
ACCOUNTING(1)							      SMPPPD							     ACCOUNTING(1)

NAME
accounting - calculates statistics about your internet connections DESCRIPTION
accounting is a simple program to calculate statistics about your internet dial-up connections that are started and stopped by either ifup and ifdown or by a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet. OPTIONS
These options are recognized by accounting. If a long option shows an argument as mandatory, then it is mandatory for the equivalent short option also. -l, --last=NUM Only consider the last NUM connections. -a, --after=DATE Only consider connections started after DATE. DATE is a date with optional time in ISO 8601 format, e.g. `2002-12-24 20:15:00'. Note that a date without time is treated as if the time is 00:00:00. Hence connections started on the specified date are consid- ered. -b, --before=DATE Only consider connections started before DATE. -u, --user=USER Only consider connections started by user USER. --this-year Only consider connections started this year. --last-year Only consider connections started last year. --this-month Only consider connections started this month. --last-month Only consider connections started last month. --this-week Only consider connections started this week. --last-week Only consider connections started last week. --today Only consider connections started today. --yesterday Only consider connections started yesterday. --per-year Show summaries on a per year basis. --per-month Show summaries on a per month basis. --per-week Show summaries on a per week basis. --per-day Show summaries on a per day basis. -c, --connections Only list the connections but do not show provider statistics. -p, --providers Do not list the connections only show the provider statistics. --connection-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the connection list. The names must be separated by a comma. Known column names are time, type, provider, user, status, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, averx, avetx and averxtx. Each name may be appended by a colon and a number indicating the width for the column, e.g. provider:25. The value will not be truncated if the width is too small. --provider-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the provider list equivalent to the --connection-format option. Known column names are provider, number, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, aveduration, averx, avetx and averxtx. --local Display all dates in local time. Also interpret dates on the command line in local time. This is the default. --utc Display all dates in UTC. Also interpret dates on the command line in UTC. --script[=STYLE] Format output for script. Known styles are c and sh. -f, --file=NAME Use a different file with accounting information. --report-errors Report erros in the accounting file. --version Show program version and exit. --help Show help information and exit. NOTES
All informations are only obtained through the accounting log. Hence the informations, esp. the data volume, of currently active connec- tions is not accurate. If you want the know the status of a connection, use ifstatus or a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet instead. The user field is empty for connections started by a remote frontend of smpppd. BUGS
Not yet implemented for ISDN (ippp). FILES
/var/log/smpppd/accounting.log File containing accounting information. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, cinternet(1), smpppd(8), smpppd-ifcfg(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE December 2002 ACCOUNTING(1)