Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using quotes in awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using quotes in awk Post 302976164 by andy391791 on Friday 24th of June 2016 11:52:28 AM
Old 06-24-2016
i tried nawk this gives the same output.

Is this problem exclusive to AIX?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with quotes in awk script

i have write this script: #!/usr/bin/gawk -f BEGIN { strins="/usr/bin/mysql --user=user --password=pass -h localhost -D admin_test -e 'INSERT INTO test (id, perc) VALUES ('aaa',0)'" system(strins) } the table test are so defined: id(varchar(10)), perc(int(10)) the error that i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dogo21sob
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

quotes using awk

i want to print the statement below using awk,but i am unable to get the quotes ("22345",1,"Thank you"); How can i do this (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk function in handling quotes

Hi all, I have input lines like below empno,ename,sal,description ---------------------------- 311,"jone,abc",2000,manager 301,david,200,"president,ac" I need to sum the salary of them i.e. 2000+200 anything suggested Thanks, Shahnaz. Use code tags. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using double quotes in awk

Hi I read somewhere that when using double quotes in awk; variables gets expanded else it doesn't. So I tried to use the double quotes inside an awk statement as below: from_instance_trans=`awk "/INPUT =\"$frm_inst\"/,/<\/TRANSFORMATION>/" $xml_object | grep -w "<TRANSFIELD" | awk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help populating double quotes using awk

Want to populate double quotes for each filed using awk: Input: cat file.txt => "1-23-test_test1-test2" Required output : "1-23-test_test1-test2"|"#GT_properties_xyz" Was trying the below command on solaris 9 machine : awk -F"|" '{print $1"|""#GT_properties_xyz"}' file.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajachandhok
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk without quotes

I want to execute awk command without quotes. who am i | awk {'print $2'} above code should be something like: who am i | awk {print $2} Why such weird requirement? Im assigning command to a variable, hence i need to escape the quotes. e.g: x='who am i | awk {\'print $2\'}' I want... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem with quotes

can someone help me with this. i keep getting errors: var1="MaxClients" var2="java|could not.*problem found|panic() failure seen|aborting " awk 'NR>=1&&NR<=10 && /'${var1}'/ && !/'${var2}'/ {++c}c==3{o=$0 RS $0 RS $0; print o; c=0}' log when i run the above, i keep getting: awk:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Print where value is in quotes

Hi All, I have input data like follows: "1234"|"ABC" "1234"|"CBA" "1222"|"ZZZ" I am trying to awk print all records where Col1 = "1234". Below is the code I have so far: Var1=1 Var2=1234 awk -F "|" "$ ${Var1} == "\"${Var2}\"" { print; }' inputfile However when the AWK... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichZR
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Please explain the use of quotes in awk command in below example-

Example: `abc.ksh | grep '^GLIS'| awk -F' ' '{print \$1}'`; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -File contain double quotes

Hi ALL, file data like : test.csv a,b,"c,d" my awk version is 4.0.2 ,if i am using the below code is working fine. awk -vFPAT='(*)|("+")' -vOFS="," '{print $3}' test.csv if the awk version is 3.1.7 is not working . Could you please help me on this one. output should be : "c,d" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk123
6 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)