Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Luxadm display not showing a LUN as expected Post 302976154 by achenle on Friday 24th of June 2016 11:13:04 AM
Old 06-24-2016
What are the device names under /dev/vx for both the working and non-working LUNs?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

2. Solaris

luxadm probe and vxdisk list don't matchup

I have a new SAN (Fujitsu Eternus 2000) and am trying to setup a veritas cluster on it, however veritas does not see all of the vluns I have exposed to the box. The OS does see them though. I have seen a lot of post about this, but it seems they are about people having just the opposite problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timothy.edwards
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Non-Root mode ... luxadm to show path(s) for Disks

Hi Gurus out there... I am pondering over a situation where I have non-root access (user account), where I am trying to determine paths (including multipaths) on a host. "luxadm display" seems very appropriate, but requires root access. Is there anyway I can get the FC path information? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: verisund
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display Error [: : integer expression expected

i have lunix 5.4 i make script to tack the export from database 11g by oracle user the oracle sheel is /bin/bash when run this script display this error ./daily_xport_prod: line 36: the daily_xport_prod script #! /bin/sh # ORACLE_HOME=/u01/appl/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1 export... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_salah
8 Replies

5. Solaris

SAN/Solaris: luxadm shows NOT CONNECTED

Hi, I have a question regarding HBA configuration. Here are the commands' output: # cfgadm -al | grep fc c1 fc-fabric connected unconfigured unknown c2 fc connected unconfigured unknown c5 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Mpathadm showing no paths to 1 lun, others luns are fine

Hi, I've noticed that mpathadm states that one of our luns has no active paths: /dev/rdsk/c6t60000970000298700009533031324333d0s2 Total Path Count: 4 Operational Path Count: 4 /dev/rdsk/c6t60000970000298700009533031333037d0s2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Luxadm displaying incorrect LUN parameter...

Hello, I have Solaris 10 running on one of rack server with dual port FC card. Each port of FC card is connected to two switches respectively. I have been trying to test multipathing functionality with one of FC Storage. While I have two storage controllers , each connected to the two switches... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxfreaker
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Issue with luxadm?

Hello, I have Solaris 10 running on one of rack server with dual port FC card. Each port of FC card is connected to two switches respectively. I have been trying to test multipathing functionality with one of FC Storage. While I have two storage controllers , each connected to the two switches... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxfreaker
2 Replies

9. Solaris

LUn' unmapped from storage still showing on Solaris 10

How can i remove LUN's from solaris 10 those are unmapped from SAN? from storage side i got confirmation that they removed lun. but in my solaris box still it's visible. i tried below. root@globalares2.example.com #luxadm -e offline /dev/rdsk/c2t600D02310007D16C42FF09E24B5B8255d0s2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
7 Replies
MULTIPATH(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 					      MULTIPATH(8)

NAME
multipath - Device mapper target autoconfig SYNOPSIS
multipath [-v verbosity] [-d] [-h|-l|-ll|-f|-t|-F] [-p failover|multibus|group_by_serial|group_by_prio|group_by_node_name] [device] DESCRIPTION
multipath is used to detect multiple paths to devices for fail-over or performance reasons and coalesces them OPTIONS
-v level verbosity, print all paths and multipaths 0 no output 1 print the created or updated multipath names only, for use to feed other tools like kpartx 2 + print all info : detected paths, coalesced paths (ie multipaths) and device maps -h print usage text -d dry run, do not create or update devmaps -l show the current multipath topology from information fetched in sysfs and the device mapper -ll show the current multipath topology from all available information (sysfs, the device mapper, path checkers ...) -f flush a multipath device map specified as parameter, if unused -F flush all unused multipath device maps -t print internal hardware table to stdout -p policy force maps to specified policy: failover 1 path per priority group multibus all paths in 1 priority group group_by_serial 1 priority group per serial group_by_prio 1 priority group per priority value. Priorities are determined by callout programs specified as a global, per-con- troller or per-multipath option in the configuration file group_by_node_name 1 priority group per target node name. Target node names are fetched in /sys/class/fc_transport/target*/node_name. device update only the devmap the path pointed by device is in. device is in the /dev/sdb (as shown by udev in the $DEVNAME variable) or major:minor format. device may alternatively be a multipath mapname SEE ALSO
multipathd(8), multipath.conf(5), kpartx(8), udev(8), dmsetup(8) hotplug(8) AUTHORS
multipath was developed by Christophe Varoqui, <christophe.varoqui@free.fr> and others. July 2006 MULTIPATH(8)