Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP a file using Shell Scripting (Help needed) Post 302976104 by tradingspecial on Friday 24th of June 2016 02:13:28 AM
Old 06-24-2016
FTP a file using Shell Scripting (Help needed)

the requirements is to have a linux script which connects to a windows machine using ftp command and check for a flag file
if found copy a .csv file into current machine.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 06-27-2016 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: Add ICODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in shell scripting......urgent

Dear friends, please help me to solve following problem. I'm running a frontend application from which i'll be invoking the shell script with arguments as given below -driver -w -p "ABC XYZ" -S -ds con -dn "abc xyz" i am getting $1=-driver $2=-w $3=-p $4="ABC $5=XYZ" $6=-S $7=-ds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - shell scripting

I have a file that has text in the format below ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / How can I seperate the text between a pair of 'ABC' into seperate files ??? any information would be of great help. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHell Scripting Help Needed

Dear All, I have an input file like this interface Serial10/0/7:11.1 point-to-point description CLIENT:SA_INSTITUTO ANGLO MEXICANO Sitio Metepec 104452:0,165 bandwidth 64 ip vrf forwarding INSTITUTO-ANGLO ip address 192.168.148.217 255.255.255.252 no ip directed-broadcast frame-relay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - ksh shell scripting

Hi all, i m new to Unix shell scripting(ksh) i have a requirement, can anyone help me out in this.. spec: i need to move all the files landing in "X" directory to "Y" directory automatically everyday at a particular time.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in shell scripting

" how to write a script to send an error in a log file to a particular E-Mail ID " Can anyone help me in this ? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for shell scripting for oracle.

Hi, Please see contains both files created for automating the data from oracle through shell. 1)a_p.ksh #!/bin/ksh LOG=/home/A_P.log MESSAGE=/home/MESSAGE_A_P.txt mail_list=/home/AP_MAIL_LIST.txt data=/home/spooled_A_P.log echo "`date` Starting execution for A_P COUNT" > $LOG ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Shell scripting

Hi All, I need to split a flatfile based on it's first character, I am using the following script awk '{print > "TEST_substr($0,1,1).txt"}' PROVIDER.txt It is returning files TEST_1 and TEST_2 But I am not getting the .txt file extension. I need the files like TEST_1.txt and ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam35
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for creating ftp and transfer file

Dear All, We run backup script to update backup file every hour. I want to create a script, which transfer these files in another server using ftp as new backup file created every hour. Files should be stored with a unique name for every hour(e.g 20130708_13:00 , 20130708_14:00 and so on) and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Saini
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell scripting - help needed

Can anyone please help me to create the output file based on the attached input files using ksh script. I have 2 input files 1) inputfile1.txt 2) inputfile2.txt The script should accept 2 parametes: 1. Inputfile2.txt with 1-10,000 values ( sample file contains only 4 records) 2. Script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
5 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)