Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Seemingly simple sed, delete between matching lines Post 302976094 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 23rd of June 2016 09:41:46 PM
Old 06-23-2016
Last line should work but with a minor modification:

sed '/Searching Checks. Based on search criteria/,/name: Value : Carbon_CPU/d' test1
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find matching pattern delete next line

trying to use sed in finding a matching pattern in a file then deleting the next line only .. pattern --> <ad-content> I tried this but it results are not what I wish sed '/<ad-content>/{N;d;}' akv.xml > akv5.xml ex, <Celebrant2First>Mickey</Celebrant2First> <ad-content> Minnie... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aveitas
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you delete files that are seemingly missing inodes?

I have some files that appear to have no inode numbers. To complicate the matter, the filenames have UTF8 (I think) characters. I am trying to delete them. In fact, and this might make things easier, I'm trying to delete their parent directory. I don't know what to try next, please help. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaffachamp
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: delete matching row and 4 next rows?

Hi, Tried to look for solution, and found something similar but could not adapt the solution for my needs.. I'm trying to match a pattern (in this case "ProcessType")in a logfile, then delete that line and the 4 following lines. The logfile looks as follows: ProcessType: PROCESS_A... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete lines in file matching a pattern

I have a text file, a sample of which is as follows: r/- * 0: WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/ASP.NETWebAdminFiles/Images/headerGRADIENT_Tall.gif r/- * 0: WINDOWS/SoftwareDistribution/Download/cf8ec753e88561d2ddb53e183dc05c3e/backoff.jpg r/- * 0: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines upto matching path variable

I have a script that if it crashes I want it to start again where it stopped. The way to identify the tasklist is using a find command that list all the files that need the process performed on them TASKLIST=`find /path/to/directory -iname *.dummy | sort` The way to identify the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk delete character in the lines before and after the matching line

Sample file: This is line one, this is another line, this is the PRIMARY INDEX line l ; This is another line The command should find the line with “PRIMARY INDEX” and remove the last character from the line preceding it (in this case , comma) and remove the first character from the line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KC_Rules
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete lines matching a regular expression

I have a very large file (over 700 million lines) that has some lines that I need to delete. An example of 5 lines of the file: HS4_80:8:2303:19153:193032 153 k80:138891 HS4_80:8:2105:5544:43174 89 k88:81949 165 k88:81949 323 0 * = 323 0 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression, seemingly simple but

Hello, I want to test a hour variable with an expression regular The format is 00 01 02 03.......19 20 21 22 23 what follows in red doesn't work, it's clear 19 for example can't work. Can you help me the right regular expression ? case "$3" in () # Nothing, OK ! ;; (*) echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all lines from file matching a string

I wish to search and delete all lines in /app/Jenkins/deploy.txt having this filename string /app/Jenkins/file2.mrt as entry: I'm using : colon as delimiter in sed command as I'm dealing with file paths. Below is the command I was expecting to work. sed -i ":/app/Jenkins/file2.mrt:d"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)