Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Hierarchical Query for Sybase database Post 302976056 by Perlbaby on Thursday 23rd of June 2016 05:36:23 AM
Old 06-23-2016
Thanks for the reply .

The WITH or WITH RECURSIVE does not work with Sybase ASE
Looks like this is only supported by Sybase SQL Anywhere, not by the "professional" Adaptive Server Enterprise .

It showing incorrect syntax near the keyword both "With and With recursive option "

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to sybase database using Korn shell script

Hi, Can anyone please give me a script or let me know how to connect to a sybase database and execute a query using Korn shell scripts.Am new to Unix but i need to do this ASAP. Please help. Thanks, Gops (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic update loop query on Sybase database

Hello Guys, I'm new to Shell scripting, and i need someone to help me with this issue: I'm trying to do a dynamic update query on Sysbase database table using shell script. Lets say, the Update query is "update Table set id=X" , where X is dynamic value for the loop index. If the loop is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print out loop index on the console after executing each sybase DB query

Hello Guys, Well, using shell script, I'm doing loop on DB query as below: isql -Usa -Ptest -I /opt/sybase/interfaces << EOF use testdb go declare @i int select @i = 1 while(@i <= 5) begin Insert into TEST values (@i,"Test","TestDesc") select @i = @i + 1 end go EOF The Issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database Query

Hi, Am using informix database. When i give "isqlrf <database name> - " from the command prompt , i get connected to the database and i can run sql queries.. I am moving to freeBSD and when i give the same command at the prompt i get an error : Index already exists on column Why is this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
0 Replies

5. Programming

Need help with complex SQL query (Sybase)

Hello, I have three tables. I need an SQL query (preferably Sybase) that will return all of the stringID values of table B where the following conditions exist: (1) B.intID = A.intID (2) B.intID != C.intID or (B.intID = C.intID and (C.v1 = 0 or C.v2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to connect to sybase database?

hi, I'd like to connect to a Sybase ASE 12 through a a graphic user interface (GUI) that run on windows and solaris10, because i need to do some querys. The database is running on solaris 10. I'm not an expert using databases, but i know how to use some SQL commands through command line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danin
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute stored procedure through script in sybase database and store the output in a .csv file

Hi, I have a sybase stored procedure which takes two input parameters (start_date and end_date) and when it get executed, it gives few records as an output. I want to write a unix script (ksh) which login to the sybase database, then execute this stored procedure (takes the input parameter as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
8 Replies

8. Programming

Sybase ASE: Query to find correct format issue.

Hi Team , I am new to Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE) and need some guidance to find the different values in serial format column. SELECT DISTINCT SERIAL_FORMAT FROM PRODUCTS It has values with below format which contains 12 digits hexadecimal characters with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
2 Replies

9. Programming

Sybase ASE - Query Tuning - Need Suggestion

Dear Team Please provide suggestion on below query which is used in Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE). Query takes more time > 30 Mins to 1 Hr All required indexes are built Can we have any efficient approach to get the data retrieval faster for below query.Any help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies
TDBTOOL(8)						    System Administration tools 						TDBTOOL(8)

NAME
tdbtool - manipulate the contents TDB files SYNOPSIS
tdbtool tdbtool TDBFILE [COMMANDS...] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. tdbtool a tool for displaying and altering the contents of Samba TDB (Trivial DataBase) files. Each of the commands listed below can be entered interactively or provided on the command line. COMMANDS
create TDBFILE Create a new database named TDBFILE. open TDBFILE Open an existing database named TDBFILE. erase Erase the current database. dump Dump the current database as strings. cdump Dump the current database as connection records. keys Dump the current database keys as strings. hexkeys Dump the current database keys as hex values. info Print summary information about the current database. insert KEY DATA Insert a record into the current database. move KEY TDBFILE Move a record from the current database into TDBFILE. store KEY DATA Store (replace) a record in the current database. show KEY Show a record by key. delete KEY Delete a record by key. list Print the current database hash table and free list. free Print the current database and free list. ! COMMAND Execute the given system command. first Print the first record in the current database. next Print the next record in the current database. check Check the integrity of the current database. quit Exit tdbtool. CAVEATS
The contents of the Samba TDB files are private to the implementation and should not be altered with tdbtool. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0.25 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 3.6 05/28/2012 TDBTOOL(8)