Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to clone an AIX 5.3?
Operating Systems AIX How to clone an AIX 5.3? Post 302976043 by gull05 on Thursday 23rd of June 2016 01:16:33 AM
Old 06-23-2016
Hello Gull04 ,

Thanks a lot for that .
Code:
AIX # lsdev -Cc disk
hdisk0 Available  Virtual SCSI Disk Drive
hdisk2 Available  Virtual SCSI Disk Drive

lparstat command returned the below when tried from AIX itself
Code:
AIX#lparstat

System configuration: type=Shared mode=Capped smt=On lcpu=8 mem=13567 psize=8 ent=0.50

%user  %sys  %wait  %idle physc %entc  lbusy  vcsw phint
----- ----- ------ ------ ----- ----- ------ ----- -----
  1.2   0.6    0.1   98.1  0.01   2.2    2.6 2298033479 29970185

When lparstat command is issued from HMC,it returned the following,
Code:
lparstat
bash: lparstat: command not found

Can you please suggest how i can go further , also can you brief about the mksysb command for me please.Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clone harddisk

Hi, i have to make an excect physical copie of a sun unix station harddisk. I have to make all partitions the same on about 60 harddisks, and also they should contain the same data/info. I have hade a look at commands 'DD' and 'UFSDUMP' but both of them are not sufficient enough. Can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirk2
5 Replies

2. Solaris

clone solaris

I have a Sun Solaris 9 and I would like to clone the Operating System from a sun4u Sun Fire 480R machine to a Sun Fire 280R machine. The disk is the same size, the 480R has no space disk slot to the 280R disk for mirrioring, i have no external disk, I am not allowed to take the machine down. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 Clone - Help

I've got two drives in the same Sun server and I've been cloning the boot drive to the secondary drive by using both ufsdump/ufsrestore and the dd command sucessfully. When I try and boot the cloned drive I get the following error: WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found. Most likely the mount... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnj1965
10 Replies

4. AIX

Mount a SAN LUN which contains clone copy - AIX 6.1

Hello Everyone, Can someone help me to mount a SAN hdisk which contains a clone data copy(san) of the remote server to the another machine. Both servers are running in AIX. Thanks in advance ! Regards, Gowtham.G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Clone on virtualBox

Hello; Please,I did the clone on virtualBox, but the machines have the same IP address: eth2 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 8:00:27: f0: 92:19 inet addr: 192.168.1.4 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0 how to change the address please? Thank you so much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

software ID clone

the following command will give me software ID from HP machine with hpux10.2: >uname -a HP-UX bmd350 B.10.20 D 9000/831 2011043966 64-user license The string 2011043966 is the actual software ID which is used as number to license software. Now my machine breaks down and I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derf001
1 Replies

7. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clone redhat to another PC

Hi, I'm a new user of this forum and I'm not an expert of linux. I have a broken old pc with red hat linux, I clone hdd to another pc with different mainboard and it's ok but it has only one problem, the usb ports not work. In the boot this message appears: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitv
9 Replies

9. AIX

Need to clone two AIX machines

Hello, I have two AIX machine and i want to make the two nodes to be identical , so i will change the Hostname, IP and copy the hosts file to node 2. anything else need to copy it from node 1 to node 2 to ensure that two nodes will be the same? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moudmm
8 Replies

10. AIX

Clone 1 Hard disk fromIBM Intellipoint server with AIX 5.x

Hello to all, Im having a new task in a new world (AIX - IBM Servers) I have an IBM Server (Type - 9111-285 very old one) with one Hard disk (73 GB 10 K) with AIX 5.x, and I need to clone the existing disk to another with the same specifications. Could you please give me some advice in order... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
7 Replies
virt-clone(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    virt-clone(1M)

NAME
virt-clone - clone virtual machine images SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/virt-clone [option] DESCRIPTION
The virt-clone utility is a command line tool for cloning existing virtual machine images. virt-clone copies disk images of an existing virtual machine and defines a new guest with an identical virtual hardware configuration. Elements that require uniqueness are updated to avoid a clash between old and new guests. With appropriate command-line arguments, virt-clone can run completely unattended, with the guest automatically starting itself as well. This allows for easy automation of guest installs. If you do not specify options to virt-clone, the command runs interactively, prompting for input as required. To run virt-clone, you must become superuser or assume the Primary Administrator role. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --connect=URI Connect to the hypervisor at URI. -d, --debug Display debugging information when running the install process. -f disk_image, --file=disk_image Path to the file, disk partition, or logical volume to use as the backing store for the guest's virtual disk. If the original guest has multiple disks, this parameter must be repeated multiple times, once per disk in the original virtual machine. -h, --help Display the help message and exit. -m mac_addr, --mac=mac_addr Fixed MAC address for the guest. If the keyword random is specified, a random address will be used. -n name, --name=name Name of the new guest virtual machine instance. This must be unique among all guests known to the hypervisor on this machine, including those not currently active. To redefine an existing guest, use the virsh(1M) tool to shut it down and delete it prior to running virt- clone. This parameter will be prompted for if omitted on the command line. -o original_guest, -original=original_guest Name or UUID for the original guest to be cloned. This guest must be shut down since it is not possible to safely clone active guests. -u UUID, -uuid=UUID UUID for the guest; if none is specified, a random UUID is generated. If you specify UUID, use a 32-digit hexadecimal number. Keep in mind that UUIDs are intended to be unique across the entire data center, and indeed, the world. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Cloning a Guest with a Single Disk The following command clones a guest named demo, which has a single disk to copy. # virt-clone --original demo --name newdemo --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdemo.img Example 2 Cloning a Guest with Multiple Disks The following command clones a guest named demo, with has multiple disks to copy. # virt-clone --original demo --name newdemo --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdemo.img --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdata.img Example 3 Cloning to a Device with Comparable Disk Space The following command clones a guest to a physical device that has at least as much disk space as had the original guest. . If the destina- tion device is has more space, the new guest can do a file system resize when it boots. # virt-clone --name demo --file /dev/HostVG/DemoVM --mac 00:16:3e:34:11:54 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWxvmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
virsh(1M), virt-install(1M), xm(1M), xVM(5), attributes(5), xVM(5) SunOS 5.11 23 Jun 2008 virt-clone(1M)