Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Symlink creation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Symlink creation Post 302976037 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 22nd of June 2016 08:56:46 PM
Old 06-22-2016
It looks like bakunin was missing a double quote (shown in red on the 2nd line in the script below), but a space between the test argument and the closing square bracket is crucial. Try:
Code:
ls | while read FILE ; do
     if [ -f "$FILE" ] ; then     # only process files (i.e. not subduers)
          command1 "$FILE"
          command2 "$FILE"
     fi
     [....]
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Problem in sharing Symlink via NFS

Hi, I have created symlink under /. It is /latest Pointing to /home/users/neel_prog_V1.0. (Note: I have created this symlink so that when version get changed I will need to change only symlink instead of doing changes in /etc/exports.) I have shared this symlink with NFS. in /etc/exports I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating symlink

hi... I have a folder<abc> under /root folder. I want to create a symlink such that when i click on folder<abc> under root, should display my home folder (home/krish). Immediate inputs appreciated..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama.honge
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -i destroy symlink - how to solve this ?

After a few hours of frustration because I didn't understand why my symlinks are destroyed i just found out that sed -i will destroy symlinks. I searched but i didn't found any good solution for this. Is there any way to overcome this ? On my ubuntu server sed version is 4.1.5 edit: Sorry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktm
0 Replies

4. Solaris

symlink on link file

Hi all, I want to create a symlink on a link file, i mean, there is a file which is actually a symlink of some version. Now i want to create one more symlink on that link file. EX: there is a file: uat -> version prod -> version Now i want to create one more link on these 'uat' and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ln -s creates symlink in symlink, if [ -f ... ] says file that exists doesn't exist

Hi Forums, I got a little problem, I made a few modifications to the code of the launch script of a testing server(minecraft) and now updating is broken aswell as the automatic directory creation. These Lines somehow create an endless symlink that refers to itself and I don't know how to fix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xaymar
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advanced Symlink Creation script

Hello. I am working on creating a script to recursively run on my media collection. The goal is to recreate the folder structure, but with slight changes in the folder names based on my rules. The folders will also include the .jpg & .mkv files, renamed according to a similar set of rules. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinator
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Creating conditional symlink

Hi All, Is there any way to create a symlink that will point to last 1000 line of a log file. My symlink will always point to "tail -1000 logfile". This can be achieved by writing a script and scheduling with high frequency, but I am looking for some other alternatives. Please let me know... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussus2326
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove symlink and target

i would like to remove a directory and also symlink target inside. my_directory -- file1 -> /targetpath/file1 -- file2 -> /targetpath/file2 rm -rf my_directory will not remove symlink target. rm -rf "`readlink -f file1`" will only remove target if specifying the symlink is specified ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Symlink

I know how to create a symlink but I am getting an error message that the file already exists. Also, my symlink doesn't point from target directory to the path correctly, Here is an example of the path to my folder structure path: cd /wkspce/wff/DEV/jobs/DEL the folder structure is: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
3 Replies
GRUB-MKRESCUE(1)						   User Commands						  GRUB-MKRESCUE(1)

NAME
grub-mkrescue - make a GRUB rescue image SYNOPSIS
grub-mkrescue [OPTION...] [OPTION] SOURCE... DESCRIPTION
Make GRUB CD-ROM, disk, pendrive and floppy bootable image. --compress=no|xz|gz|lzo compress GRUB files [optional] -d, --directory=DIR use images and modules under DIR [default=/usr/lib/grub/<platform>] --fonts=FONTS install FONTS [default=unicode] --install-modules=MODULES install only MODULES and their dependencies [default=all] -k, --pubkey=FILE embed FILE as public key for signature checking --locale-directory=DIR use translations under DIR [default=/usr/share/locale] --locales=LOCALES install only LOCALES [default=all] --modules=MODULES pre-load specified modules MODULES --themes=THEMES install THEMES [default=starfield] -v, --verbose print verbose messages. --arcs-boot enable ARCS (big-endian mips machines, mostly SGI) boot. Disables HFS+, APM, sparc64 and boot as disk image for i386-pc --core-compress=xz|none|auto choose the compression to use for core image --label-bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for label background --label-color=COLOR use COLOR for label --label-font=FILE use FILE as font for label -o, --output=FILE save output in FILE [required] --product-name=STRING use STRING as product name --product-version=STRING use STRING as product version --rom-directory=DIR save ROM images in DIR [optional] --sparc-boot enable sparc boot. Disables HFS+, APM, ARCS and boot as disk image for i386-pc --xorriso=FILE use FILE as xorriso [optional] -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. Generates a bootable CD/USB/floppy image. Arguments other than options to this program are passed to xorriso, and indicate source files, source directories, or any of the mkisofs options listed by the output of `xorriso -as mkisofs -help'. Option -- switches to native xorriso command mode. Mail xorriso support requests to <bug-xorriso@gnu.org>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-mkimage(1) The full documentation for grub-mkrescue is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-mkrescue programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-mkrescue should give you access to the complete manual. grub-mkrescue (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-MKRESCUE(1)