Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i prepare grant staement with 2 files ? Post 302976023 by rocking77 on Wednesday 22nd of June 2016 02:54:01 PM
Old 06-22-2016
How can i prepare grant staement with 2 files ?

---file1 ( tables
Code:
A
B
C
D
E
F
Z

---file2
Code:
Joe
Bob
Mary
Sally
Fred
Elmer
David

All i want is

Code:
grant select on TABLE A to user Joe
grant select on TABLE B to user Joe
grant select on TABLE C to user Joe 
grant select on TABLE D to user Joe 
grant select on TABLE E to user Joe
grant select on TABLE Z to user Joe

Code:
grant select on TABLE A to user Bob
grant select on TABLE B to user Bob
grant select on TABLE C to user Bob
grant select on TABLE D to user Bob
grant select on TABLE Z to user Bob

It has to go till number users given in file 2 ....Can some one help ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MySQL GRANT permission.

Hi, I'm one of a server administrators. I've the linux root account but I don't know the root password of MySQL (Server version: 5.0.32). I want to GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES to my MySQL account without changing the MySQL's root password. How can I do so? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i prepare a file by comparing two other files?

File 1 data: TestA TestB TestC File 2 data: TestA TestD TestE My Output File (pick all from both and create a file without duplicate data) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- TestA TestB TestC (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmohanpv
3 Replies

3. Programming

Grant privileges in Oracle

i have installed oracle 10g and two databases. i enter database1 as sysdba and create a user called user1.i give the privileges as "select on" to user1. i enter sqlplus from the shell prompt. i enter as user1. but when i do "select * from emp" i have a "the table doesn't exist". how can i give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: symeje
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Grant print related privileges

Afternoon everyone, I would want to ask that how/what privileges i should grant to a new user so that the user can clear /disable printing job queue? Solaris OS: 5.9 Thanks. :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grant sudo permission

Hi all, I have to grant sudo permission to a user. I have searched online and find that /etc/sudoers file needs to be changed with visudo command. As i am new to linux, this is not clear to me. Can anybody take an example and show me how exactly this done. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -exec with 2 commands doesn't work (error incomplete staement)

Hi Gurues, I need to modify an existing script that uses find to search a folder, and then move its contents to a folder. What I need to do is run gzip on each file after it's moved. So, I ran this little test: Put a ls.tar file on my $HOME, mkdir tmp, and then: virtuo@tnpmprd01: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: llagos
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the grant statement and output to the different files?

Hi currently I have a list of *.sql files. one of the file, terminal is Prompt Table TERMINAL; CREATE TABLE TERMINAL ( TERMINAL_ID NUMBER(8), EXCEL_TERMINAL_ID NUMBER(8), MERCHANT_ID NUMBER(8), SETTLE_TIME VARCHAR2(4 CHAR) ); COMMENT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to prepare a CSV table with inputs from multiple files

Hi, We have thousands of Video files and we need to prepare a table with few of it's parameters/values from their Mediainfo output. Here I have 3 sample mediainfo output text files named Vid1, Vid2 & Vid3 so on... (such we have thousands) and each file has exactly 3 lines. $ ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
DROP FOREIGN 
TABLE(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation DROP FOREIGN TABLE(7) NAME
DROP_FOREIGN_TABLE - remove a foreign table SYNOPSIS
DROP FOREIGN TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP FOREIGN TABLE removes a foreign table. Only the owner of a foreign table can remove it. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the foreign table does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the foreign table to drop. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the foreign table (such as views). RESTRICT Refuse to drop the foreign table if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
To destroy two foreign tables, films and distributors: DROP FOREIGN TABLE films, distributors; COMPATIBILITY
This command conforms to the ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED), except that the standard only allows one foreign table to be dropped per command, and apart from the IF EXISTS option, which is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
ALTER FOREIGN TABLE (ALTER_FOREIGN_TABLE(7)), CREATE FOREIGN TABLE (CREATE_FOREIGN_TABLE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DROP FOREIGN TABLE(7)