Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsync to copy specific subfolders and files to new directory Post 302975994 by pravin27 on Wednesday 22nd of June 2016 07:59:35 AM
Old 06-22-2016
try below code
Code:
rsync -rv --dry-run  --include='*/*/Subsub1/*' --exclude='*/*/Subsub2/*' ./RootFolderI/ ./RootFolderII/

Remove --dry-run option if you are good with o/p

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively copy only specific files from a directory tree

Hi I am a shell-script newbie and am looking to synchronize certain files in two directory structures. Both these directory-trees are in CVS and so I dont want the CVS directory to be copied over. I want only .sh and .pl files in each subdirectory under these directory trees to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsharkrocks
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Using RSYNC to copy files locally

Has anyone ever used rsync to copy files locally on one server? (in this case from one SAN volume to another). I am familiar with using rsync to copy files between servers, but not locally, I would usually use cp or or tar or something. Is rsync slower? Does it use additional overhead of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to rsync or tar directory trees, with hidden directory, but without files?

I want to backup all the directory tress, including hidden directories, without copying any files. find . -type d gives the perfect list. When I tried tar, it won't work for me because it tars all the files. find . -type d | xargs tar -cvf a.tar So i tried rsync. On my own test box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync copy files once

Hi This is my situation I have files on the left which I want to copy to the right. Once the files are copied to the right, they are processed and then deleted. The next time rsync runs I dont want it to copy the same files again, it should only copy any new files to the right. I have been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync delete specific files - from different target folder

Hi, I need to use rsync to delete multiple files(only specified files not all) using --delete option, these files are located in different target folders. Instead of running rsync command multiple times for each file, can we achieve this with one time execution? your help is much... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync copy files if dont exist

I have a setup where I have two drives. TV TVbackup For what ever reason, I have a lot of content on my TVbackup drive which isn't on my TV drive. I want to copy all the files across which are on TVbackup but are not currently on TV. If there is a file with the same name but a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spadez
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a directory without specific files?

Hi I need to copy a huge directory with thousands of files onto another directory but without *.WMV files (and without *.wmv - perhaps we need to use *.). Pls advise how can I do that. Thanks (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move specific folders and subfolders in a directory

I am trying to move specific folders and subfolders within a directory using the below. I can see the folders to move and they are at the location, but I am getting an error. Thank you :). mv -v /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/6-10-2016{bam/{validation,coverage},bedtools /media/cmccabe/"My... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Rsync - not copy certain files

I use this rsync --progress -r -u /media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Ubuntu_Mate_18.04/* /home/andy/Ubuntu_18.04_Programs/Is there a way to have it not copy files such as these? 2019-02-25_11:04 I found this but can not figure out what it's doing. 3. Exclude a specific file To exclude a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)