Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Hierarchical Query for Sybase database Post 302975955 by durden_tyler on Tuesday 21st of June 2016 08:11:57 PM
Old 06-21-2016
What kind of Sybase database are you using - ASE, ADS, IQ, SQL Anywhere etc.?
And what's the version of your Sybase database?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to sybase database using Korn shell script

Hi, Can anyone please give me a script or let me know how to connect to a sybase database and execute a query using Korn shell scripts.Am new to Unix but i need to do this ASAP. Please help. Thanks, Gops (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic update loop query on Sybase database

Hello Guys, I'm new to Shell scripting, and i need someone to help me with this issue: I'm trying to do a dynamic update query on Sysbase database table using shell script. Lets say, the Update query is "update Table set id=X" , where X is dynamic value for the loop index. If the loop is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print out loop index on the console after executing each sybase DB query

Hello Guys, Well, using shell script, I'm doing loop on DB query as below: isql -Usa -Ptest -I /opt/sybase/interfaces << EOF use testdb go declare @i int select @i = 1 while(@i <= 5) begin Insert into TEST values (@i,"Test","TestDesc") select @i = @i + 1 end go EOF The Issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database Query

Hi, Am using informix database. When i give "isqlrf <database name> - " from the command prompt , i get connected to the database and i can run sql queries.. I am moving to freeBSD and when i give the same command at the prompt i get an error : Index already exists on column Why is this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
0 Replies

5. Programming

Need help with complex SQL query (Sybase)

Hello, I have three tables. I need an SQL query (preferably Sybase) that will return all of the stringID values of table B where the following conditions exist: (1) B.intID = A.intID (2) B.intID != C.intID or (B.intID = C.intID and (C.v1 = 0 or C.v2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to connect to sybase database?

hi, I'd like to connect to a Sybase ASE 12 through a a graphic user interface (GUI) that run on windows and solaris10, because i need to do some querys. The database is running on solaris 10. I'm not an expert using databases, but i know how to use some SQL commands through command line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danin
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute stored procedure through script in sybase database and store the output in a .csv file

Hi, I have a sybase stored procedure which takes two input parameters (start_date and end_date) and when it get executed, it gives few records as an output. I want to write a unix script (ksh) which login to the sybase database, then execute this stored procedure (takes the input parameter as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
8 Replies

8. Programming

Sybase ASE: Query to find correct format issue.

Hi Team , I am new to Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE) and need some guidance to find the different values in serial format column. SELECT DISTINCT SERIAL_FORMAT FROM PRODUCTS It has values with below format which contains 12 digits hexadecimal characters with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
2 Replies

9. Programming

Sybase ASE - Query Tuning - Need Suggestion

Dear Team Please provide suggestion on below query which is used in Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE). Query takes more time > 30 Mins to 1 Hr All required indexes are built Can we have any efficient approach to get the data retrieval faster for below query.Any help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies
datacopy(1)							 FreeTDS Utilities						       datacopy(1)

NAME
datacopy - move table data between two servers SYNOPSIS
datacopy { -t | -a | -c owner } [-b batchsize] [-p packetsize] [-v] [-d] [-S server/username/password/database/table_or_view] [-D server/username/password/database/table] DESCRIPTION
datacopy is a utility distributed with FreeTDS. datacopy will move table data from one server to another without the need for intermediate files. datacopy is much faster and more efficient than is freebcp out/in. datacopy makes use of the db-lib bcp API built into FreeTDS. This API is also available to application developers. datacopy can be used to migrate data between Sybase ASE and SQL Server or vice versa. OPTIONS
-t Truncate target table before loading data. -a Append data to target table. -c owner Create the target table with the same schema as the source table. datacopy will submit a 'create table' command on the target server/database using the specified owner in the command, e.g. CREATE TABLE owner.table (...). -b batchsize The number of rows per batch of data copied. Each batch of data is effectively 'committed' to the database. The default is 1000. -p packetsize The number of bytes, per network packet, sent to and from the servers. Increased packet size can enhance performance. -v Produce verbose output, including diagnostic timings. -d Produce freetds TDSDUMP output. (Serious debug only!) -S server/username/password/database/table_or_view The connection information for the source server and the location/name of the table (or view) to be copied. If not specified, data- copy will prompt the user for the information. -D server/username/password/database/table The connection information for the destination server and the location/name of the target table. If not specified, datacopy will prompt the user for the information. SEE ALSO
freebcp(1), defncopy(1), bsqldb(1), tsql(1), FreeTDS User Guide. HISTORY
datacopy first appeared in FreeTDS 0.64. AUTHORS
The datacopy utility was written by Bill Thompson (thompbil@exchange.uk.ml.com). doc 13 November 2011 datacopy(1)