Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Numeral conversion in awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Numeral conversion in awk Post 302975951 by migurus on Tuesday 21st of June 2016 05:35:40 PM
Old 06-21-2016
Thank you.

As I am adapting your code to my script (I check 1st field to be numeric) I am not getting right answer, can you help me with my syntax here, please:

Code:
 $ echo "67E15"|awk '{if($1 ~ /[0-9]+$/){print $1" is numeric"}}'
67E15 is numeric

+++
I see - I missed the "^" (beginning of string) - Thanks it works now

Last edited by migurus; 06-21-2016 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: spotted my error

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Conversion in awk

I am porting a awk script from Windows to unix I_SALE_MEDIA=$67 if ((I_VOID_FLAG == "Y") && (I_SALE_MEDIA == 0)) NOW consider the case where I_SALE_MEDIA i.e $67 is "000" The above comparison works fine in Windows , but to make it work in Unix , I had to change the above as follows : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohanrege
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script for date conversion

hi awk script for dd/mm/yyyy to yyyymmdd awk script for dd-mon-yyyy to yyyymmdd awk script for dd-mm-yyyy to yyyymmdd formate ..............urgent............. Thanks in advanced (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charandevu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Currency Conversion

How can I use awk command to convert values to currency. For example I have a database like follows John:200 smith:300 kim:405 and want it to out put like this John $200.00 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File conversion and awk

Hi Everyone, I am confused with the output of the input file and I am using below command in script to get the expected output. Also I want to add another condition using logical AND (&&) in place of $2=="L"{$4=0-$4} as $2=="L" && $3=="L" {$4=0-$4} but I am getting some awk error. Can someone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HPUX to Linux awk conversion

I have the following script to edit ^'s and newlines out of files to be entered into a database. This script has been around since the dawn of time (way before me). #!/bin/bash # Remove all ^ and \n from the source file, except do not remove ^^^\n cat myfile.hold | awk ' BEGIN {FS="|";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wiki conversion with Awk or Sed

I have the words in twiki format that I want to convert to mediawiki format like below : %BLUE%some words1%ENDCOLOR% bla bla blab labdad sdadasd adsasdads oerdkfj kdfjs %PINK%some wordks2 123.4.5.6/26%ENDCOLOR%, ksdjak dkasjd kjfrjkfgjdkfgjdfkgjdgdfgdgf %PURPLE%1.2.3.4/28%ENDCOLOR%, dskd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string to number conversion

Can someone explain whats happening here: $ awk 'BEGIN {print (2.5 - 1)}' 1,5 2.5 - 1 is correctly calculated to 1,5 (using european locale) $ echo "2.5" | awk '{temp = $1 - 1; print temp}' 1 If i now pipe the string 2.5 through awk it seems at it truncates 2.5 to 2? What's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beow
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of line via awk or etc

Hello friends, could you help me about problem with my data lines. I suppose a simple awk code may help me. I have following data lines: (first line including 3 numbers and then a matrices of 4x10) 500 40 9 1 A B 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Base64 conversion in awk overlaps

hi, problem: output is not consistent as expected using external command in AWK description: I'm trying to convert $2 into a base64 string for later decoding, and for this when I use awk , I'm getting overlapped results , or say it results are not 100% correct. my code is: gawk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
9 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)