Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to clone an AIX 5.3?
Operating Systems AIX How to clone an AIX 5.3? Post 302975899 by gull04 on Tuesday 21st of June 2016 03:42:01 AM
Old 06-21-2016
Hi Gull05,

You have a number of options, depending on the way the system was built. The simplest way would be to use the "mksysb" command, but this depends on the machine being in single user mode.

You don't actually say if the system is SAN attached or is it an LPAR, could really do with some additional information about the system here.

Regards

Gull04

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clone harddisk

Hi, i have to make an excect physical copie of a sun unix station harddisk. I have to make all partitions the same on about 60 harddisks, and also they should contain the same data/info. I have hade a look at commands 'DD' and 'UFSDUMP' but both of them are not sufficient enough. Can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirk2
5 Replies

2. Solaris

clone solaris

I have a Sun Solaris 9 and I would like to clone the Operating System from a sun4u Sun Fire 480R machine to a Sun Fire 280R machine. The disk is the same size, the 480R has no space disk slot to the 280R disk for mirrioring, i have no external disk, I am not allowed to take the machine down. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 Clone - Help

I've got two drives in the same Sun server and I've been cloning the boot drive to the secondary drive by using both ufsdump/ufsrestore and the dd command sucessfully. When I try and boot the cloned drive I get the following error: WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found. Most likely the mount... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnj1965
10 Replies

4. AIX

Mount a SAN LUN which contains clone copy - AIX 6.1

Hello Everyone, Can someone help me to mount a SAN hdisk which contains a clone data copy(san) of the remote server to the another machine. Both servers are running in AIX. Thanks in advance ! Regards, Gowtham.G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Clone on virtualBox

Hello; Please,I did the clone on virtualBox, but the machines have the same IP address: eth2 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 8:00:27: f0: 92:19 inet addr: 192.168.1.4 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0 how to change the address please? Thank you so much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

software ID clone

the following command will give me software ID from HP machine with hpux10.2: >uname -a HP-UX bmd350 B.10.20 D 9000/831 2011043966 64-user license The string 2011043966 is the actual software ID which is used as number to license software. Now my machine breaks down and I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derf001
1 Replies

7. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clone redhat to another PC

Hi, I'm a new user of this forum and I'm not an expert of linux. I have a broken old pc with red hat linux, I clone hdd to another pc with different mainboard and it's ok but it has only one problem, the usb ports not work. In the boot this message appears: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitv
9 Replies

9. AIX

Need to clone two AIX machines

Hello, I have two AIX machine and i want to make the two nodes to be identical , so i will change the Hostname, IP and copy the hosts file to node 2. anything else need to copy it from node 1 to node 2 to ensure that two nodes will be the same? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moudmm
8 Replies

10. AIX

Clone 1 Hard disk fromIBM Intellipoint server with AIX 5.x

Hello to all, Im having a new task in a new world (AIX - IBM Servers) I have an IBM Server (Type - 9111-285 very old one) with one Hard disk (73 GB 10 K) with AIX 5.x, and I need to clone the existing disk to another with the same specifications. Could you please give me some advice in order... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
7 Replies
PCONSOLE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PCONSOLE(1)

NAME
pconsole - parallel console shell for administering clusters. SYNOPSIS
pconsole DESCRIPTION
pconsole allows you to connect to each node of your cluster simultaneously, and you can type your administrative commands in a specialized window that 'multiplies' the input to each of the connections you have opened. pconsole is best run from within X Windows, although it is possible to employ it without X (in console mode) as well. You need to install pconsole on only 1 machine in the cluster, this would usually be your central administrative node. OPTIONS
pconsole need to be executed with superuser permissions, and enters in interactive mode let you attach other devices so that all the com- mands sent to the console mode of pconsole are sent to the devices. This allows you to parallelize the execution of the same command in various machines at a time. pconsole has two working modes: command mode From this mode pconsole can attach and dettach devices, list the attached devices at a time, connect to sending mode where you can send commands to the attached devices, and quit. To enter in command mode, use CTRL-A from sending mode. sending mode The mode where the commands sent to it are sent to the devices attached. To enter this mode use CTRL-D or use the console command. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/pconsole/README.gz xterm(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@hispalinux.es>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). PCONSOLE(1)