Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripting to transfer files from one to another server through ftps Post 302975842 by Shogundion on Monday 20th of June 2016 03:13:06 AM
Old 06-20-2016
the file which use to generate as a dat file i use to make it windows zipped through below command
Code:
ls -1 *<process_instance>*.dat | awk '{ printf ("zip -9 %s.zip %s\n", $1, $1) }' | sh

and then i remove the original dat file using the below command
Code:
rm *<process_instance>*.dat

i need a script to automate the above two steps .
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, sample output, an code segments.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 06-20-2016 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

transfer files from the server 1 to server 2

I want to transfer files from the server 1 to server 2, but only information available FTP my server 2 How? Is there a script help me in the transfer of files through FTP :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bomozah
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to transfer the files from source to target server.

I need to write a shell script to transfer the files every hour from source - target server. The cron job should be running every hour and shouldn't copy already copied files to the remote server ? I was able to write intial script but not able to get the logic for (in the next run it should... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhirk
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to transfer files from one server to another

Hello, i have to write a script to perform sftp from the remote server to another server. the files which are at the remote location are huge data log files which should be transfered to my server in a particular folder. could you please provide me the general code (simple )... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for creating ftp and transfer file

Dear All, We run backup script to update backup file every hour. I want to create a script, which transfer these files in another server using ftp as new backup file created every hour. Files should be stored with a unique name for every hour(e.g 20130708_13:00 , 20130708_14:00 and so on) and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Saini
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lftp for a remote server which uses FTPS

Hi All, I am new to SHell scripting, can someone please help me with the below requirement. 1) LFTP a file to a remote server which supports FTPS. My current enviroment is Sun Solaris 5.10 2) I need to incorporate this in a shell which is currently sending files to a server that accepts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subbu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to transfer files from one server to another

Hi I have the following script: #!/bin/sh set -x touch -mt 201210040000 /tmp/ref1 touch -mt 201210042359 /tmp/ref2 find /fs1/bscsrtx/BSCS_ix/WORK/LOG -type f \( -newer /tmp/ref1 -a ! -newer /tmp/ref2 \) > file_lst scp $(< file_lst) root@10.100.48.76:/ano2005/fs1_2015/LOG/ but somehow its... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer using FTPS(SSL)

Hi Team, I am currently working on an integration project where in we have planned to receive files from an external source onto our system via FTPS(SSL). I am new to this part and would like to know the points for consideration and the points to learn to get this done. The files we receive from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rads
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best way to transfer files to remote FTPS server instead of local FTPS server

Hi, I am working on an application which runs on an Informatica Red-Hat 5.10 Linux Server. The application involves several Informatica ETL workflows which generate 100s of Text files with lot of data. Many of the files will each be up to 5 GB in size. Currently the Informatica server itself... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to transfer files using between server A and B

Hi All, I have generated public and private pair to avoid to enter password manually while sending files through sftp. But still I am facing issues and every-time prompt asking enter password. Below are steps I fallowed to make ssh connection between two servers. 1. Generated public and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renukeswar
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)