Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Csv download in a bash script Post 302975754 by RudiC on Saturday 18th of June 2016 04:26:15 AM
Old 06-18-2016
Where and how do you "get nothing or garbage"? Without the -O option, wget will put the downloaded contents into an appropriately named file according to the URL. Did you look for that?

What be the contents of the I variable? It is not set in your snippet, and thus you should receive an error msg like
Code:
bash: $I: ambiguous redirect

, and the outputfile.csv will be empty.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic download of csv file using a shell script

I want to automatically download a CSV file daily which can be found here: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/en-gb/pricesnews/prices/coveredwarrants/search.htm and the link is named "Click to download covered warrants (100Kb)" onthe right hand side. What commands can I use to invoke clicking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figaro
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify csv-file with bash script

Hi Guys, I need to write a script, that exports the "moz_places" table of the "places.sqlite"-file (firefox browser history) into a csv-file. That part works. After the export, my csv looks like this: ... 4429;http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html;"Command Line Shell For... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Bash: substitute columns in .csv using other .csv columns

Hi All, I have two .csv's input.csv having values as (7 columns) ABC,A19907103,ABC DEV YUNG,2.17,1000,2157,07/07/2006 XYZ,H00213850,MM TRUP HILL,38.38,580,23308,31/08/2010 output.csv having (25 columns) A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhivyas
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to reorder csv

hi guys, im fairly new to unix and bash scripts and therefore your help would really be appreciated. i need to write a bash script that will take a csv file, and reorder the data and output to another csv file. The source csv file will look something like this: HEAD,671061,Add,SS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daz_20
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH script to parse XML and generate CSV

Hi All, Hope all you are doing good! Need your help. I have an XML file which needs to be converted CSV file. I am not an expert of awk/sed so your help is highly appreciated!! XML file looks like this: <l:event dateTime="2013-03-13 07:15:54.713" layerName="OSB" processName="ABC"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script help - removing certain rows from .csv file

Hello Everyone, I am trying to find a way to take a .csv file with 7 columns and a ton of rows (over 600,000) and remove the entire row if the cell in forth column is blank. Just to give you a little background on why I am doing this (just in case there is an easier way), I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTuxor
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to download specific files and save in two folders

I am trying to download all files from a user authentication, password protected https site, with a particular extension (.bam). The files are ~20GB each and I am not sure if the below is the best way to do it. I am also not sure how to direct the downloaded files to a folder as well as external... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Bash script for FTP download -Mysql

Hi guys, I recently managed to write up my working script, but now I have a problem. If the file isn't there in the remote server, my actual script jumps it and all ok, but I need something like this: Search file -> if there, then download -> if not, download next file in the list. Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtus96
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to tell download where specific files are stored

The bash below will download all the files in download to /home/Desktop/folder. That works great, but within /home/Desktop/folder there are several folders bam, other, and vcf, is there a way to specify by extention in the download file where to download it to? For example, all .pdf and .zip... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl , download file with user:pass in bash script

Hello, My question is about curl command. (ubuntu14.04) In terminal, I am able to download my mainfile with: curl -u user1:pass1 http://11.22.33.44/******* When I convert it into bash script like this: #!/bin/bash cd /root/scripts computer_ip=11.22.33.44 curl -u $1:$2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)