Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Changing VLAN on AIX lpars in the same subnet Post 302975676 by bakunin on Friday 17th of June 2016 03:56:47 AM
Old 06-17-2016
You already get the best possible help from agent.kgb, so i won't interfere. But one detail puzzles me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelu26
I'm also confused on how PVID works on AIX clients.
What do you mean by that? Because the "PVID" (Physical Volume Identifier) has nothing to do with networks at all. Or is that completely unrelated to the rest of your question? In this case please create a new thread (or ask a moderator, we can split this thread into two for the separate questions).

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

changing the subnet mask permanently

I understand how to change the ip address permanently however, I need to also make a permanent change to the subnet mask. How would I accomplish this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnparksjr
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Migrating existing Subnet to a new subnet and changing ip addresses in UNIX

Hi, My project needs to migrate the existing Subnet (255.255.255.0) to a new subnet and change the ipaddresses (currently C class). How can I do that. I need some information. John (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmarsh
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Need help in changing the subnet mask

Hi, I have a task to edit the subnet mask in almost 100+ solaris servers.Few of the servers are configured with IPMP.There will be no change of IP address or default gateway.If its a single IP we can bring NIC down,change the subnet mask in /etc/netmasks,then bring the NIC back to normal.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajip23
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

5. AIX

Changing subnet mask for a NIM Network.

I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I did search for this answer prior to posting but no luck. Running an AIX NIM Master at 5.3TL9SP4, with about 100 clients. The subnet of one of the networks defined in the NIM env has changed. When I go to Manage Networks, Change/Show... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Changing the subnet mask on solaris 10

Hello, can anyone help me with the command to change the subnet mask on solaris 10? The mask is currently 255.255.255.255 I will like to change it to 255.255.2555.0. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

7. AIX

Creating LPARS in AIX

Hi, I have a p520 with 2 cpus and 10gb of ram.Is it sufficient enough to create 2 lpars.What other things we have to check. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar52
2 Replies

8. AIX

Automation of AIX LPARs reboot

Hello Everyone, Can you please help me with the following questions regarding recycling LPARs. 1) Is it recommended to automate the reboot of AIX LPARs with a script ? i mean we've few App LPARs and Database LPARs. we would like to bring down LPARs on last sunday of every month for about 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

9. AIX

Is it must to enable TCB on AIX LPARs ?

Hi, I've verified my AIX 7.1 LPAR , and TCB is disabled by default. #odmget -q attribute=TCB_STATE PdAt PdAt: uniquetype = "" attribute = "TCB_STATE" deflt = "tcb_disabled" values = "" width = "" type = "" generic = "" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing single path NIC to a teamed connection in same subnet

Dear all, I have a remote CentOS7 server that has two network cards. Each card has four ports and port one of card one was defined with the IP address assigned to the server. So far, so good and it's been working for over a year. We have now got cables sorted out so there are four paths... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies
pthread_getsequence_np(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 pthread_getsequence_np(3)

NAME
pthread_getsequence_np - Obtains the unique identifier for the specified thread. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> unsigned long pthread_getsequence_np( pthread_t thread); STANDARDS
None PARAMETERS
Thread object whose sequence number is to be obtained. DESCRIPTION
This routine obtains and returns the DECthreads thread sequence number for the thread identified by the thread object specified in the thread argument. The thread sequence number provides a unique identifier for each existing thread. A thread's thread sequence number is never reused while the thread exists, but can be reused after the thread terminates. The debugger interfaces use this sequence number to identify each thread in commands and in display output. The result of calling this routine is undefined if the thread argument does not specify a valid thread object. RETURN VALUES
No errors are returned. This routine returns the DECthreads thread sequence number for the thread identified by the thread object speci- fied in the thread argument. The result of calling this routine is undefined if the thread argument does not specify a valid thread. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_create(3), pthread_self(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_getsequence_np(3)