Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete file to day
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete file to day Post 302975644 by tricampeon81 on Thursday 16th of June 2016 09:00:18 AM
Old 06-16-2016
Delete file to day

friends

how I can delete files from a directory for the current date?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare prev day file to current day file

Hi all: I am new to this board and UNIX programming so please forgive if I don't explain something correctly. I am trying to write a script to keep track of our links, we link one program written for Client A to Client B's directory. What we want to do is to keep track of our linked programs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Smurtzy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files one day old in current month only

i want to delete files that are one day old condition is files should be of current month only ie if iam running script on 1 march it should not delete files of 28 feb(29 if leap year :-)} any modifications to find $DIR -type f -atime +1 -exec rm -f{}\; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to delete the files in day wise...

Dear All, I am not able to remove the files in my AIX 5.3 server. My files List /iims-home/data/uat1/batch/staging -rw-r--r-- 1 iims iims 5743 Jun 12 09:04 ErrorReport2008-05-20 09-04-18.doc -rw-r--r-- 1 iims iims 191213683 Jun 12 09:05... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvijaycom
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete files which more than one Day old?

I have a directory /opt/targets which generates more than 1000 files per day and I want to delete all the files which are more than 1 day old...ie 24hrs+ Please help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilrk07
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete subdirectories that are more than 1 day old AND have NO files on them

Hi Experts , At a particular dir , How to delete subirectories that are more than 1 day old AND have NO files in them. PS : -empty option is not working at my Sun OS version. Thanks, A (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the files between Current day & a previous day

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to first capture the current day & move all the files from a particular directory based on a previous day. i.e move all the files from one directory to another based on current day & a previous day. Here is what I am trying, but it gives me errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian day to dates in YEAR-MONTH-DAY

hello, I have many files called day001, day002, day003 and I want to rename them by day20070101, day20070102, etc. I need to do it for several years and leap years as well. What is the best way to do it ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ggg
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete records that do not belong to that day

i have a requirement to delete records that do not belong to that day. For example in a file that came on July 31st ,2018 there are records that belong to Aug 1st,2018 as well and I want to find and delete those records. I want to delete anything with 01-Aug-2018. I have several files like that. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya
6 Replies
delete directory(1m)													      delete directory(1m)

NAME
delete directory - Deletes a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp delete directory directory-name ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. DESCRIPTION
The delete directory command deletes a directory. The directory cannot contain any object entries, soft links, or child pointers. The master replica must be the only remaining replica in the cell. Use the delete replica command if you need to remove read-only replicas. Privilege Required You must have delete permission to the directory and write permission to the clearinghouse that stores the master replica of the directory. The server principal needs administer permission to the parent directory or delete permission to the child pointer that points to the directory you intend to delete. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command deletes the directory /.:/eng from the namespace: cdscp> delete directory /.:/eng RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create directory(1m), delete replica(1m), list directory(1m), set directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m) delete directory(1m)