Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Changing VLAN on AIX lpars in the same subnet Post 302975616 by agent.kgb on Thursday 16th of June 2016 05:47:23 AM
Old 06-16-2016
Can you bring your systems offline?
How much downtime do you receive from the service owner?
Are there HACMP (PowerHA) installed?
Do the VIOses have their own IP addresses in the same subnet or in some other?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

changing the subnet mask permanently

I understand how to change the ip address permanently however, I need to also make a permanent change to the subnet mask. How would I accomplish this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnparksjr
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Migrating existing Subnet to a new subnet and changing ip addresses in UNIX

Hi, My project needs to migrate the existing Subnet (255.255.255.0) to a new subnet and change the ipaddresses (currently C class). How can I do that. I need some information. John (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmarsh
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Need help in changing the subnet mask

Hi, I have a task to edit the subnet mask in almost 100+ solaris servers.Few of the servers are configured with IPMP.There will be no change of IP address or default gateway.If its a single IP we can bring NIC down,change the subnet mask in /etc/netmasks,then bring the NIC back to normal.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajip23
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

5. AIX

Changing subnet mask for a NIM Network.

I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I did search for this answer prior to posting but no luck. Running an AIX NIM Master at 5.3TL9SP4, with about 100 clients. The subnet of one of the networks defined in the NIM env has changed. When I go to Manage Networks, Change/Show... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Changing the subnet mask on solaris 10

Hello, can anyone help me with the command to change the subnet mask on solaris 10? The mask is currently 255.255.255.255 I will like to change it to 255.255.2555.0. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

7. AIX

Creating LPARS in AIX

Hi, I have a p520 with 2 cpus and 10gb of ram.Is it sufficient enough to create 2 lpars.What other things we have to check. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar52
2 Replies

8. AIX

Automation of AIX LPARs reboot

Hello Everyone, Can you please help me with the following questions regarding recycling LPARs. 1) Is it recommended to automate the reboot of AIX LPARs with a script ? i mean we've few App LPARs and Database LPARs. we would like to bring down LPARs on last sunday of every month for about 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

9. AIX

Is it must to enable TCB on AIX LPARs ?

Hi, I've verified my AIX 7.1 LPAR , and TCB is disabled by default. #odmget -q attribute=TCB_STATE PdAt PdAt: uniquetype = "" attribute = "TCB_STATE" deflt = "tcb_disabled" values = "" width = "" type = "" generic = "" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing single path NIC to a teamed connection in same subnet

Dear all, I have a remote CentOS7 server that has two network cards. Each card has four ports and port one of card one was defined with the IP address assigned to the server. So far, so good and it's been working for over a year. We have now got cables sorted out so there are four paths... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies
VLAN manipulation action in tc(8)                                      Linux                                     VLAN manipulation action in tc(8)

NAME
vlan - vlan manipulation module SYNOPSIS
tc ... action vlan { pop | PUSH | MODIFY } [ CONTROL ] PUSH := push [ protocol VLANPROTO ] [ priority VLANPRIO ] id VLANID MODIFY := modify [ protocol VLANPROTO ] [ priority VLANPRIO ] id VLANID CONTROL := { reclassify | pipe | drop | continue | pass | goto chain CHAIN_INDEX } DESCRIPTION
The vlan action allows to perform 802.1Q en- or decapsulation on a packet, reflected by the operation modes POP, PUSH and MODIFY. The POP mode is simple, as no further information is required to just drop the outer-most VLAN encapsulation. The PUSH and MODIFY modes require at least a VLANID and allow to optionally choose the VLANPROTO to use. OPTIONS
pop Decapsulation mode, no further arguments allowed. push Encapsulation mode. Requires at least id option. modify Replace mode. Existing 802.1Q tag is replaced. Requires at least id option. id VLANID Specify the VLAN ID to encapsulate into. VLANID is an unsigned 16bit integer, the format is detected automatically (e.g. prefix with '0x' for hexadecimal interpretation, etc.). protocol VLANPROTO Choose the VLAN protocol to use. At the time of writing, the kernel accepts only 802.1Q or 802.1ad. priority VLANPRIO Choose the VLAN priority to use. Decimal number in range of 0-7. CONTROL How to continue after executing this action. reclassify Restarts classification by jumping back to the first filter attached to this action's parent. pipe Continue with the next action, this is the default. drop Packet will be dropped without running further actions. continue Continue classification with next filter in line. pass Return to calling qdisc for packet processing. This ends the classification process. EXAMPLES
The following example encapsulates incoming ICMP packets on eth0 from 10.0.0.2 into VLAN ID 123: #tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress #tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: pref 11 protocol ip u32 match ip protocol 1 0xff flowid 1:1 u32 match ip src 10.0.0.2 flowid 1:1 action vlan push id 123 Here is an example of the pop function: Incoming VLAN packets on eth0 are decapsulated and the classification process then restarted for the plain packet: #tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress #tc filter add dev $ETH parent ffff: pref 1 protocol 802.1Q u32 match u32 0 0 flowid 1:1 action vlan pop reclassify SEE ALSO
tc(8) iproute2 12 Jan 2015 VLAN manipulation action in tc(8)