Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed xml file script help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed xml file script help Post 302975584 by RudiC on Wednesday 15th of June 2016 06:17:42 PM
Old 06-15-2016
Try
Code:
sed '/AUTOEDIT EXP/{s//VARIABLE NAME/; s/=/" VALUE="/2}' file4
<VARIABLE NAME="%%S_APP_HOME" VALUE="APP_HOME=%%G_APP_HOME_PREFIX.pmt/apb"/>

[a-z][0-9] won't match "%", "_", nor any upper case char.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting XML file using sed

Hello folks I want to extract data between certain tag in XML file using 'sed' <xml> ......... .......... <one>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</one> ...... Anyone ?Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pujansrt
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing xml file using Sed

Hi All, I have this(.xml) file as: <!-- define your instance here --> <instance name='ins_C2Londondev' user='' group='' fullname='B2%20-%20London%20(dev)' > <property> </property> </instance> I want output as: <!-- define your instance here --> <instance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilkinha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove sections of a xml file with sed

I've been trying to remove some lines of a xml file that looks like this: <parent> <child>name1</child> <lots_of_other tags></lots_of_other_tags> </parent> <parent> <child>name2</child> <lots_of_other tags></lots_of_other_tags> </parent> <parent> <child>name3</child> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viniciusandre
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML file modifications using sed

Hi, During an installation process in a bash script I need to do 2 things with 2 XML files. Does the use of sed affect in any way the XML file ? 1.Add to a section in <ServerListeners> section <ServerListener> <BaseClass>myapp.module.WowConfigurator</BaseClass> </ServerListener> The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed parse small xml file

I have a tmp.xml file like: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Response> <Ip>193.143.121.198</Ip> <Status>OK</Status> <CountryCode>PL</CountryCode> <CountryName>Poland</CountryName> <RegionCode>82</RegionCode> <RegionName>Pomorskie</RegionName> <City>Gdansk</City> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get value from xml node using sed/perl/script?

hello, new to this forum. but i have a requirement to extract the value from multiple xml node and print out the values to new file with comma seperated. would like to know how this would be done using either sed/perl or some unix script. an example would be tremendous... sample input file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidsouk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in parsing xml file (sed/nawk)

I have a large xml file as shown below: <input> <blah> <blah> <atr="blah blah value = ""> <blah> <blah> </input> ..2nd chunk... ..3rd chunk... ...4th chunk... All lines between <input> and </input> is one 'order' and this 'order' is repeated... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML- Sed || Awk Bash script... Help!

Hi ! I'm working into my first bash script to make some xml modification and it's going to make me crazy lol .. so I decide to try into this forum to take some ideas from people that really know about this! This is my situation I've and xml file with a lots of positional values with another tags... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: juampal
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - extract text from xml file

hi, please help, i have an xml file, e.g: ... <tag> test text asdas="${abc}" xvxvbs:asdas${222}sdad asasa="${aa_bb_22}" </tag> ... i want to extract all "${...}", e.g: ${abc} ${222} ${aa_bb_22} thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gioni
2 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_verify [modifiers] data_source DESCRIPTION
crm_verify - Check a (complete) confiuration for syntax and common conceptual errors. Checks the well-formedness of an XML configuration, its conformance to the configured DTD/schema and for the presence of common misconfigu- rations. It reports two classes of problems, errors and warnings. Errors must be fixed before the cluster will work properly. However, it is left up to the administrator to decide if the warnings should also be fixed. OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Data sources: -L, --live-check Check the configuration used by the running cluster -x, --xml-file=value Check the configuration in the named file -X, --xml-text=value Check the configuration in the supplied string -p, --xml-pipe Check the configuration piped in via stdin Additional Options: -S, --save-xml=value Save the verified XML to the named file. Most useful with -L EXAMPLES
Check the consistency of the configuration in the running cluster: # crm_verify --live-check Check the consistency of the configuration in a given file and produce verbose output: # crm_verify --xml-file file.xml --verbose AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.10-29.el7 June 2014 PACEMAKER(8)