Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Optimizing bash script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Optimizing bash script Post 302975512 by SkySmart on Tuesday 14th of June 2016 03:02:17 PM
Old 06-14-2016
Optimizing bash script

any way the following code can be optimized?

Code:
FIRSTIN=$(
        HKIPP=$(echo ${TMFR} | egrep -v "mo|MO|Mo" | egrep "m |M ")
        HRAMH=$(echo ${TMFR} | egrep "h|H")
        HRAMD=$(echo ${TMFR} | egrep "d|D")
        HRAMW=$(echo ${TMFR} | egrep "w|W")
        HKIPPO=$(echo ${TMFR} | egrep "mo|MO|Mo")
        if [ -z "${HRAMH}" ] && [ -z "${HRAMD}" ] && [ -z "${HRAMW}" ] && [ -z "${HKIPP}" ] && [ -z "${HKIPPO}" ] ; then
                echo $TMFR | sed 's~[hHmM]~~g' | gawk '{print $1 * 60}'
        elif [ ! -z "${HKIPP}" ] ; then
                echo $TMFR | sed 's~[hHmM]~~g' | gawk '{print $1 * 60}'
        elif [ ! -z "${HRAMH}" ] ; then
                echo $TMFR | sed 's~[hHmM]~~g' | gawk '{print $1 * 60 * 60}'
        elif [ ! -z "${HRAMD}" ] ; then
                echo $TMFR | sed 's~[dD]~~g' | gawk '{print $1 * 1440 * 60}'
        elif [ ! -z "${HRAMW}" ] ; then
                echo $TMFR | sed 's~[wW]~~g' | gawk '{print $1 * 10080 * 60}'
        elif [ ! -z "${HKIPPO}" ] ; then
                echo $TMFR | sed 's~[mo]~~g' | sed 's~[MO]~~g' | sed 's~[Mo]~~g' | gawk '{print $1 * 43200 * 60}'
        else
                echo $TMFR | gawk '{print $1 * 60}'
fi)

preferably in awk?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Optimizing query

Hi All, My first thread to this sub-forum and first thread of this sub-forum :) Here it is, Am trying to delete duplicates from a table retaining just 1 duplicate value out of the duplicate records for example : from n records of a table out of which x are duplicates, I want to remove x... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
15 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Optimizing OSX

Hi forum, I'm administrating a workstation/server for my lab and I was wondering how to optimize OSX. I was wondering what unnecessary background tasks I could kick off the system so I free up as much memory and cpu power. Other optimization tips are also welcome (HD parameters, memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deiphon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help optimizing this piece of code (Shell script Busybox)

I am looking for suggestions on how I could possibly optimized that piece of code where most of the time is spend on this script. In a nutshell this is a script that creates an xml file(s) based on certain criteria that will be used by a movie jukebox. Example of data: $SORTEDTMP= it is a... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: snappy46
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing the code

Hi, I have two files in the format listed below. I need to find out all values from field 12 to field 20 present in file 2 and list them in file3(format as file2) File1 : FEIN,CHRISTA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing awk script

Can this awk statement be optimized? i ask because log.txt is a giant file with several hundred thousands of lines of records. myscript.sh: while read line do searchterm="${1}" datecurr=$(date +%s) file=$(awk 'BEGIN{split(ARGV,var,",");print var}' $line) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing script to reduce execution time

AFILENAME=glow.sh FILENAME="/${AFILENAME}" WIDTHA=$(echo ${FILENAME} | wc -c) NTIME=0 RESULTS=$(for eachletter in $(echo ${FILENAME} | fold -w 1) do WIDTHTIMES=$(awk "BEGIN{printf... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing the Shell Script [Expert Advise Needed]

I have prepared a shell script to find the duplicates based on the part of filename and retain latest. #!/bin/bash if ; then mkdir -p dup fi NOW=$(date +"%F-%H:%M:%S") LOGFILE="purge_duplicate_log-$NOW.log" LOGTIME=`date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"` echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gold2k8
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing bash loop

now, i have to search for a pattern within a particular time frame which the user will provide in the following format: 19/Jun/2018:07:04,21/Jun/2018:21:30 it is easy to get tempted to attempt this search with a variation of the following awk command: awk... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

10. Web Development

Optimizing JS and CSS

Yes. Got few suggestions. - How about minifying resources - mod_expires - Service workers setup https://www.unix.com/attachments/web-programming/7709d1550557731-sneak-preview-new-unix-com-usercp-vuejs-demo-screenshot-png (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
8 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)