Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH script to read external file to perform text replacements? Post 302975450 by RudiC on Monday 13th of June 2016 11:24:20 AM
Old 06-13-2016
It fills translation table T with correct headings ($NF from file1) indexed by non-conforming ones ($1). When done with file1 (titles.txt), it switches the field separator to comma, and works on file2. If a line in $3 contains a non-conforming header that is found in T, it is replaced by the correct one.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script does not read the last line of text file

Hello, I have got a script that reads a text file, and have got three problems that I an struggling with. 1. The script does not read the last line in the text file 2. within the second 'elif' within the script I included a 'break' - the script runs successfully (except for the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to read a file and parse each record

Hi Guys, I am new to unix scripting and I am tasked to parse through a CSV file delimited by #. Sample: sample.csv H#A#B#C D#A#B#C T#A#B#C H = Header D = Detail Record T = Tail What I need is to read the file and parse through it to get the columns. I have no idea on how... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3vilwyatt
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the data from the text file in shell script?

I am having one text file and i need to read that data from my shell script. I will expain you the scenario: Script look like: For name type 1: For age type 2: For Salary type3: echo "Enter the input:" read the data if input is 1 then go to the Text file and print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

importing functions from an external bash script

Hi all, I'm trying to import some functions I have saved in a file named functions.sh into a different script (protocol.sh). Can anybody show me how to do this? I tried source functions.sh as I would do at the terminal but source command cannot be found from within the script protocol.sh. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tevang
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read file location

I'm writing a bash script that reads a file location from a user, and I'm wondering how to get the script to accept tab to auto complete the directories that are input. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to take input from a text file and perform check on each servers and copy files

HI all, I want to script where all the server names will be in a text file like server1 server2 server3 . and the script should take servernames from a text file and perform copy of files if the files are not present on those servers.after which it should take next servername till the end of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph.dmello
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Read different values from external file?

Hi , I am new to this scripting , I am facing an issue like how to read different values from external file by using different variables, In script I supposed to declare var 1 var 2 var 3 I know how to call this variables from external file (I am using awk command by giving same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandini
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script Help...search then read from file: change text and pipe back...

Hello, I am trying to make a bash script that can pull data from a file and then change one part of said data. I want to search by username and pull the full line. That way there is a way to replace just one part of that line then return it back to the file. My Data is stored like: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: serverfull
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script to read a tab delimited file and perform simple tasks

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hello! I need help with this problem bash shell scripting that basically just reads the data in a tab delimited file and does the following below 1. Read in the data file Survey.txt and assign the column values to variables of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsmith6932
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables from a text file for use in csh script

Hello, I have a text file (say, declarevars.txt) that contains multiple lines that are essentially meant to be variable declarations: set arr1 = (var1a var1b var1c) set arr2 = (var2a var2b var2c) . . . I want to be able to read this text file within a csh (sorry) script and have that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjaydj
2 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)