Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Accessing Isql command via VI editor Post 302975327 by RudiC on Saturday 11th of June 2016 05:56:03 AM
Old 06-11-2016
That looks like a misunderstanding followed by a flawed setup and/or security issue.

su - sybsid will create an interactive session for user sybsid, and you should see - without mentioning it above - that user's prompt sitting and waiting for your input. You entering "exit" will end the session. Did you consider su's -c option?

Then, the former user, whoever that might be, tries to run isql, resulting in command not found. That can be on purpose: user is not intended to run it, or it is a missing/wrong PATH and/or alias definition.

I hope I could point you in the right direction to solve your problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi editor - ex Command help

:1,10 s/yes/no/g this ex command will substitute yes with no everytime it is found within the first 10 lines of the file. :s/yes/no/g this ex command will substitute yes with no everytime it is found for the line where the cursor is on my question is how could this substitution be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

editor command

I want to copy lines say from 2-5 to line after 20 in vi editor. Can I achieve this in a single command in vi editor. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tselvanin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running isql 'ace' report from command line

Hi, My systems manager wrote some reports using isql's 'ace' reporting program. He wants me to run these monthly from cron. Can this be done? can I run these reports from the command line(from a shell script)? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pugsly62
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing database password to isql command in shell script

Hi, I need to connect to DB through my shell script. but I dont want to hardcode my db password in the script. Is there a way to do it? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:54 PM ---------- :(Guys..please help me with this:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agrawal.prachi
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

isql command not working in Linux 64bit

I am using Linux RHEL5 64 bit and installed oracle 11g. I want to check ODBC connection , i had modified odbc.ini file when i use this command -isql I am getting following error . bash: isql: command not found Kindly help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopalidalvi231
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error while executing isql command on RHEL4

Hi, I am using RHEL4 and Oracle11g , my application requires odbc connection hence I modified ODBC.ini file and when I exceute isql commande I got the following error. isql: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/nastel/apwmq/odbc/lib/libodbc.so.1: requires glibc 2.5 or later dynamic... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error while executing isql command on RHEL4

Hi, I am using RHEL4 and Oracle11g , my application requires odbc connection hence I modified ODBC.ini file and when I exceute isql commande I got the following error. isql: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/nastel/apwmq/odbc/lib/libodbc.so.1: requires glibc 2.5 or later dynamic... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. AIX

FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .

HI , I'm facing the FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .It showing the messege "can't create ftp connection connectin refused".Though it is accessible from putty . i'm using aix version 6 . Can any one let me know the seetings needs to be made so that i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmkganesh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the output of a ISQL command in a variable?

I am trying to run a query which returns a sum value(a number). I want to get it in a variable so that i can refer to that variable in different places. when i am running the following command variable=`isql -Uuser -Sserver -Ppassword 1> select sum(count(*)) from xyz..abc where clm_id... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle NULL value output from ISQL command?

I am using ISQL command in ksh script. Suppose if i get NULL value from the query which i run,how can i handle it? I am getting a NULL result set and the following error is coming. ############### output of isql command for getting the sum of JEs ################ ----------- NULL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
4 Replies
PAM_SELINUX(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						    PAM_SELINUX(8)

NAME
pam_selinux - PAM module to set the default security context SYNOPSIS
pam_selinux.so [close] [debug] [open] [nottys] [verbose] [select_context] [env_params] [use_current_range] DESCRIPTION
In a nutshell, pam_selinux sets up the default security context for the next execed shell. When an application opens a session using pam_selinux, the shell that gets executed will be run in the default security context, or if the user chooses and the pam file allows the selected security context. Also the controlling tty will have it's security context modified to match the users. Adding pam_selinux into a pam file could cause other pam modules to change their behavior if the exec another application. The close and open option help mitigate this problem. close option will only cause the close portion of the pam_selinux to execute, and open will only cause the open portion to run. You can add pam_selinux to the config file twice. Add the pam_selinux close as the executes the open pass through the modules, pam_selinux open_session will happen last. When PAM executes the close pass through the modules pam_selinux close_session will happen first. OPTIONS
close Only execute the close_session portion of the module. debug Turns on debugging via syslog(3). open Only execute the open_session portion of the module. nottys Do not try to setup the ttys security context. verbose attempt to inform the user when security context is set. select_context Attempt to ask the user for a custom security context role. If MLS is on ask also for sensitivity level. env_params Attempt to obtain a custom security context role from PAM environment. If MLS is on obtain also sensitivity level. This option and the select_context option are mutually exclusive. The respective PAM environment variables are SELINUX_ROLE_REQUESTED, SELINUX_LEVEL_REQUESTED, and SELINUX_USE_CURRENT_RANGE. The first two variables are self describing and the last one if set to 1 makes the PAM module behave as if the use_current_range was specified on the command line of the module. use_current_range Use the sensitivity level of the current process for the user context instead of the default level. Also suppresses asking of the sensitivity level from the user or obtaining it from PAM environment. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTH_ERR Unable to get or set a valid context. PAM_SUCCESS The security context was set successfully. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN The user is not known to the system. EXAMPLES
auth required pam_unix.so session required pam_permit.so session optional pam_selinux.so SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_selinux was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 08/31/2010 PAM_SELINUX(8)