Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 - Automatically update local IPS repository Post 302975292 by dheitepriem on Friday 10th of June 2016 10:51:14 AM
Old 06-10-2016
Hi,

yes, this seems to do the trick. I will try if it works.

Thanks and regards,
Daniel Heitepriem

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically copying files from server to local drive?

I would like automate the process of copying some logs files from a server to my local hard drive at a set time each week/day. I don't really know anything about creating and scheduling jobs. Is this something I could setup relatively easily? I would like to automatically copy all the logs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sepia
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically update ??

Hi, This is deb, i have problem an a script for that i need some help and support. problem is ..... i have a file called 'empdetails' i want to add every update or modification of a particular employee to that file (like swap in or swap out,salary,emp id etc.) and the file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deb.simply
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to take file from SAP server to local serve automatically

Hi, I have problem in writing the UNIX scripts,I have one SAP server and my local server .I want to take one file from SAP server to my local server weekly bases I want to write one UNIX scripts which will automatically takes that file from SAP server to my server.so I need not need to pull the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohsin22021987
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Local yum repository

Hi Friends, I have succesfully configured a local yum repository using ios image. Please let me know how i can synchronize the local repository with RHN. Is it possible, so that i can update the local repository with latest updates. Regards, Arumon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris IPS problems

Hi guys, long time no see Today I installed Oracle Solaris 11.11 in virtualbox. My machine needs to be bulletproof for our production databases but :D First problem is that I can't install anything using IPS where publisher is solars, default freeware repo for Oracle Solaris. I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Updating my Solaris 11 IPS

Hi experts, I have an X86 as my IPS server running ( uname -a SunOS 5.11 11.1 i86pc i386 i86pc). the IPS has the following package version: prdb01b:~# pkg list -fa entire NAME (PUBLISHER) VERSION IFO entire ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Repository update

i have a repository server for red hat and centos clients. the repository contain all the rpms from the original install cd. now lets say i will add for example the new BASH rpm that fixes the shellshock vaulnerbility. when the client machine will run the command: "yum update bash" did the yum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy3145
1 Replies

8. Linux

Local YUM Repository for RHEL versions

Hello, I need to know regarding setting up of Local repositories so that I can update or install packages on other RHEL servers. In our environment we have many servers with different RHEL versions. Like RHEL 7.2, RHEL 7.3, RHEL 7.4, RHEL 7.5 Arch = x86_64 I have setup one Repo server;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunshineMLinux
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)