Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mounting Tape Drive
Operating Systems SCO Mounting Tape Drive Post 302975280 by jgt on Friday 10th of June 2016 06:48:28 AM
Old 06-10-2016
Host adapter 0, it is the first and only host adapter in the computer.
Scsi bus is 0, this is only a single channel host adapter.
Target Id is 6 (the tape drive)
LUN is 0; as far as I know there have been no implementations of devices with logical unit numbers.
5.0.7 does not have automatic hardware recognition, so the host adapter does not show in the initial boot hardware list until the device driver for the host adapter (alad) is compiled into the kernel; which will happen during the running of 'mkdev tape'.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mounting a drive

Trying to mount a drive which has been dropped after corruption. What is the quickets and esiest command to run and which switches? cheers olly (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ollyparkhouse
1 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting an external scsi tape drive

hi- I just installed a quad gigaswift ethernet scsi card to my sunblade 150. I checked with the docs, and got all of the required drivers on the box. Now, I'm trying to mount an external scsi tape drive with no luck. I set the scsi address on the external drive to 0. Here's what I'm coming... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble mounting tape drive with Lynx OS

I'm trying to mount tape drive so I can tar from a cd. this is what i type: mount /dev/rsd2940.4 /mnt this is what i get: mount /dev/rsd2940.4 on /mnt : Block device required I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. It's my understanding that rsd2940.4 is the block device. An... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nic_stersic
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting remote tape drive

Hi, Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it is possible to mount (and use) a remote tape drive on a AIX server, and if so, what are the precise configuration steps needed? The tape drive to be mounted as a remote tape drive is present on another AIX server in the same network. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
0 Replies

5. AIX

Mounting remote tape drive

Hi, Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it is possible to mount (and use) a remote tape drive on a AIX server, and if so, what are the precise configuration steps needed? The tape drive to be mounted as a remote tape drive is present on another AIX server in the same network. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

7. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

8. AIX

Mounting Tape Drive from different partition

Dear all, I have a AIX server with logical 3 partitions and the server is connecting a tape drive. the first partition can successfully making a system backup to the tape but how can i fail to mount the tape to second and thrid partition. would anyone can help me to deal with it? what command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickhlwong
3 Replies
scsi_device(9S) 					    Data Structures for Drivers 					   scsi_device(9S)

NAME
scsi_device - SCSI device structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
The scsi_device structure stores common information about each SCSI logical unit, including pointers to areas that contain both generic and device specific information. There is one scsi_device structure for each logical unit attached to the system. The host adapter driver ini- tializes part of this structure prior to probe(9E) and destroys this structure after a probe failure or successful detach(9E). STRUCTURE MEMBERS
struct scsi_address sd_address; /* Routing information */ dev_info_t *sd_dev; /* Cross-reference */ /* to our dev_info_t */ kmutex_t sd_mutex; /* Mutex for this device */ struct scsi_inquiry *sd_inq; /* scsi_inquiry data structure */ struct scsi_extended_sense *sd_sense; /* Optional request */ /* sense buffer ptr */ caddr_t sd_private; /* Target drivers private data */ sd_address contains the routing information that the target driver normally copies into a scsi_pkt(9S) structure using the collection of makecom(9F) functions. The SCSA library routines use this information to determine which host adapter, SCSI bus, and target/logical unit number (lun) a command is intended for. This structure is initialized by the host adapter driver. sd_dev is a pointer to the corresponding dev_info structure. This pointer is initialized by the host adapter driver. sd_mutex is a mutual exclusion lock for this device. It is used to serialize access to a device. The host adapter driver initializes this mutex. See mutex(9F). sd_inq is initially NULL (zero). After executing scsi_probe(9F), this field contains the inquiry data associated with the particular device. sd_sense is initially NULL (zero). If the target driver wants to use this field for storing REQUEST SENSE data, it should allocate an scsi_extended_sense(9S) buffer and set this field to the address of this buffer. sd_private is reserved for the use of target drivers and should generally be used to point to target specific data structures. SEE ALSO
detach(9E), probe(9E), makecom(9F), mutex(9F), scsi_probe(9F), scsi_extended_sense(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 19 Feb 1993 scsi_device(9S)