Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Translate file name to disk blocks on UFS Post 302975221 by Corona688 on Thursday 9th of June 2016 01:35:32 PM
Old 06-09-2016
Reading raw disk blocks is going to be a lot more effort and a lot less reliable than arranging a better way to get at the file, like a NFS share, batch download, etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size limitations with ufs/disk suite on Solaris 8?

I tried to build a 1.3 TB volume with disk suite, and recieved an error (don't remember the exact verbage, it was very late). It only built a 1 TB volume. newfs completed without error. I rebuilt the volume to be just under 1TB, and all was fine. Is there a limitation with disk suite, or ufs, that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Formatting disk to UFS

Hello all, I have a laptop with a FAT32 files system, and I want to convert to UFS (unix file system) to install Solaris 10. somebody knows the way to do that?:confused: Please help Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geller
4 Replies

3. Solaris

ufs file system

I ;ve an application which has does not support zfs and i 've a 100Gb Lun with zfs on it , how to go back to ufs .. and use SVM for the same ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blocks from a file

I have a file like the one below. Each record is separated with > In between I have lines consisting of 3 numeric values separated by a space. I need to take each block between the > sign and read the first number in the line. Then take the first after the > sign and the last before the >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert 512-blocks to 4k blocks

I'm Unix. I'm looking at "df" on Unix now and below is an example. It's lists the filesystems out in 512-blocks, I need this in 4k blocks. Is there a way to do this in Unix or do I manually convert and how? So for container 1 there is 7,340,032 in size in 512-blocks. What would the 4k block be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockycj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split this file into blocks and then send these blocks as input to the tool called Yices?

Hello, I have a file like this: FILE.TXT: (define argc :: int) (assert ( > argc 1)) (assert ( = argc 1)) <check> # (define c :: float) (assert ( > c 0)) (assert ( = c 0)) <check> # now, i want to separate each block('#' is the delimeter), make them separate files, and then send them as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate Text File w/ shell

Hello everyone! I'm having some problems trying to translate a text file. I've found some TR and SED commands but doesnt work exactly as I need. The point is: 1. Replace all the letters with accent of a text file, like this: Ã>A Á>A Õ>o 2. Replace all the special characters with a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulysses2703
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row blocks to column blocks

Hello, Searched for a while and found some "line-to-column" script. My case is similar but with multiple fields each row: S02 Length Per S02 7043 3.864 S02 54477 29.89 S02 104841 57.52 S03 Length Per S03 1150 0.835 S03 1321 0.96 S03 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of tr command to translate after 1st character of each line in a file

Hello, I have an input file contaning following data: < 12345;5454;77;qwert< yuyuy;ruwuriwru> yyyw; > 35353;68686;424242;hrjwhrwrwy< dgdgd; I have first character as '<' or '>'and after that one space is their in each line I just want to replace 1st space encountered after < or >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi001cse
3 Replies

10. Solaris

How to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control?

I need to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control or root disk is encapsulated # df -k /var Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/var 13241195 12475897 674524 96% /var # fstyp /dev/vx/dsk/var ufs # pkginfo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies
nfs_selinux(8)						 NFS SELinux Policy documentation					    nfs_selinux(8)

NAME
nfs_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for NFS DESCRIPTION
Security Enhanced Linux secures the NFS server via flexible mandatory access control. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on the least level of access required. SELinux can be configured to not allow NFS to share files. If you want to share NFS partitions, and only allow read-only access to those NFS partitions, turn the nfs_export_all_ro boolean on: setsebool -P nfs_export_all_ro 1 If you want to share files read/write you must set the nfs_export_all_rw boolean. setsebool -P nfs_export_all_rw 1 These booleans are not required when files to be shared are labeled with the public_content_t or public_content_rw_t types. NFS can share files labeled with the public_content_t or public_content_rw_t types even if the nfs_export_all_ro and nfs_export_all_rw booleans are off. If you want to use a remote NFS server for the home directories on this machine, you must set the use_nfs_home_dirs boolean: setsebool -P use_nfs_home_dirs 1 system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), chcon(1), setsebool(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 9 Feb 2009 nfs_selinux(8)