Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Restart service xinit.d or init.d ? Post 302975111 by mnnn on Wednesday 8th of June 2016 07:47:01 AM
Old 06-08-2016
Restart service xinit.d or init.d ?

Hello
How do I restart init.d ?? (centos 6.5)
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

creating a service in init.d

Hai Friends I have written a DayTime server program using C socket.. I need to start the service automatically. My service directory is /etc/rc.d/init.d... my service name is DayTime present in /home/codebase/datetime/ directory.. Please help me :confused: :confused: :confused: Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in init script of dnotify service

fallowing code is for init script for dnotify service # !/bin/bash # DESCRIPTION #Process name-dnotify # Dnotify startup script:- # Init/rc scripts are bash scripts used to manage services like dnotify. # Dnotify (directory notification) is a utility for monitoring filesystem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Service Restart Netbackup

For vertitas netbackup 6.0 I have media server :Solaris Client server: Windows I want to restart the netbackup service on the media server . plz suggest ASAP. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart a Service!!

Hello, I am trying to write a script which will monitor few processes(winbind) for cpu utilization, If the process consumes more than say 99% cpu for 3 minutes, I want to run a script to restart the service which forks the process. ---------- Post updated at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous update... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxaddict7
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Script to auto restart a service

Hi All, May i please know if it is possible to write a script to check the log messages and automatically restart a service if it is failed or it is stopped. Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks in advance. regards, Eajaz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajazshariff
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

The difference between init.d and xinit.d dir ...

What's the difference between the two. I've seen xinit.d directory not always but on some systems. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/etc/init.d/exim4 restart

I have restarted the exim4 process. It prints the following things. $ /etc/init.d/exim4 restart * Stopping MTA for restart /usr/sbin/update-exim4.conf: non-ascii value sugumar_imp.tar write.sql virtualbox-3.1_3.1.8-61349~debian~lenny_i386.deb etc... ...done. * Restarting MTA ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Restart Service with Password

Hi All, Requirement : I need to check for some services in my environment and restart the service if its not running. I have written script to check the script if its running or not. While if its not running i need to restart it using ./start command. But it will ask for password prompt and i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepbaliga
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

/etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated?

After I set IP , I want to make it work, so I ran "/etc/init.d/networking restart" but it says it's deprecated: Running /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not enable again some interfaces So I want to know how to make my setup work correctly. Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
1 Replies

10. SuSE

Service restart daily

Hi, Beside using crontab, what is other application we can set it? Normally I check using command crontab -l. Any other path I need to check? Please guide me. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
2 Replies
SERVICE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							SERVICE(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script or systemd unit in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT, or the name of a systemd unit. The existence of a systemd unit of the same name as a script in /etc/init.d will cause the unit to take precedence over the init.d script. The supported val- ues of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. For systemd units, start, stop, status, and reload are passed through to their systemctl/initctl equivalents. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. The status is [ + ] for running services, [ - ] for stopped services and [ ? ] for services without a status command. This option only calls status for sysvinit jobs. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. /{lib,run,etc}/systemd/system The directories containing systemd units. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, LANGUAGE, LC_CTYPE, LC_NUMERIC, LC_TIME, LC_COLLATE, LC_MONETARY, LC_MESSAGES, LC_PAPER, LC_NAME, LC_ADDRESS, LC_TELEPHONE, LC_MEA- SUREMENT, LC_IDENTIFICATION, LC_ALL, TERM, PATH The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton update-rc.d(8) init(8) invoke-rc.d(8) systemctl(1) AUTHOR
Miloslav Trmac <mitr@redhat.com>, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Licence: GNU Public Licence v2 (GPLv2) COPYRIGHT
2006 Red Hat, Inc., Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Jan 206 SERVICE(8)