Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tape Drive and Printer
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Tape Drive and Printer Post 302974988 by RudiC on Tuesday 7th of June 2016 01:16:21 AM
Old 06-07-2016
Continued here

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

4MM Tape Drive

Hello all, I have just installed an HP dat72 external tape drive to an IBM 275 Intellistation (AIX 5L). It was installed as an Other SCSI Tape Drive (rmt1). I am using the Web Based System Manager at this point to do an initial backup of a journaled file system. I am getting an error and am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joeweisser
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

3. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

4. AIX

Tape drive defined

Hello everyone I have a problem with one of my drives in an aix box. The library is a 3583 and Aix is 5.3 TL9 The problem was that the fibre channel not work and I change the fibre but when I logging to the aix box I got this in the rmt3 lsdev | grep rmt rmt0 Available 03-08-00-6,0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

5. AIX

Tape Drive problem

Hi, I'm at AIX 5.3. My EOD program is giving following error while writing to tape: Can't write output cpio: Media Surface error Failed on Shell-script cd /; cpio -ocB 2 >> /autoline/misc/logs/bk.CopyToTape < /autoline/work/BACKUP.01022 1>/dev/rm0 I have tried with several new tapes,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies

8. SCO

Mounting Tape Drive

Sorry I posted it in wrong forum first. OK, I'm new to Unix (but an IT since DOS 6.2 era) Long story short I'm trying to help a friend who has failing Unix system which is perhaps 16 years old with SCO Openserver 3.4v4.2 with DDS90 Tape where they backup their data. I've setup a Dell Precision... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunail
9 Replies
BACKUP_LISTHOSTS(8)					       AFS Command Reference					       BACKUP_LISTHOSTS(8)

NAME
backup_listhosts - Lists Tape Coordinators registered in the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup listhosts [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup listh [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup listhosts command displays the Backup Database record of the port offset numbers defined for Tape Coordinator machines. A Tape Coordinator must have an entry in the list to be available for backup operations. The existence of an entry does not necessarily indicate that the Tape Coordinator process (butc) is currently running at that port offset. To check, issue the backup status command. OPTIONS
-localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
After a "Tape hosts:" header, the output reports two things about each Tape Coordinator currently defined in the Backup Database: o The hostname of the machine housing the Tape Coordinator. The format of this name depends on the hostname format used when the backup addhost command was issued. o The Tape Coordinator's port offset number. The Tape Coordinators appear in the order in which they were added to the Backup Database. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the result of the command in the ABC Corporation cell: % backup listhosts Tape hosts: Host backup1.abc.com, port offset 0 Host backup1.abc.com, port offset 1 Host backup3.abc.com, port offset 4 Host backup2.abc.com, port offset 3 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_addhost(8), backup_delhost(8), backup_status(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_LISTHOSTS(8)