Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract xml attribute values using awk inline.? Post 302974856 by Aia on Sunday 5th of June 2016 12:27:31 AM
Old 06-05-2016
I asked you if it would work, because <factories.*baseQueueName appeared to me, quite a long regex to verify a line. However, if you really need it, grep is not necessary.
Code:
perl -nle '/<factories.*baseQueueName/ and @r=/(?:jndiN|baseQueueN|n)ame="([^"]+)/g and print join ",",@r[1,2,0]' resources.xml

or, if the order of the strings are always the same:
Code:
perl -nle '@r=/<factories.*name="([^"]+)"\sjndiName="([^"]+)".*baseQueueName="([^"]+)/ and print join ",",@r[1,2,0]' resources.xml

Last edited by Aia; 06-05-2016 at 01:48 AM.. Reason: Add one regex
This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML Element Values

I have a rather large file with XML-style content. Each line contains one full XML entry. For example: 1:<Message><DNIS>1234</DNIS><UCID>3456</UCID><TransferGroup>XYZXYZ</TransferGroup></Message> 2:<Message><DNIS>9999</DNIS><UCID>2584</UCID><TransferGroup>ABCABC</TransferGroup></Message>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharpi03
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read xml tag attribute and store it in variable

Hi, How to read xml tag attributes and store into variable in shell script? Thanks, Swetha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swetha123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the value of an attribute tag from XML

Greetings, I am very new to the UNIX shell scripting and would like to learn. However, I am currently stuck on how to process the below sample of code from an XML file using UNIX comands: <ATTRIBUTE NAME="Memory" VALUE="512MB"/> <ATTRIBUTE NAME="CPU Speed" VALUE="3.0GHz"/> <ATTRIBUTE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JesterMania
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing attribute value in xml file using shell

I have an xml file.I want to change the value of some tag: <WASConfig version='1.1'> <JavaVirtualMachine> <scope> <server> <hostNode>myAsNode</hostNode> <name>myserver</name> </server> </scope> <Settings> <Setting> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javaholics
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract part of xml line via awk?

Hi, I like to set a variable "name" automatically by reading an xml file. My code looks like this: set name = `awk '/<generationTime>/,/<\/generationTime>/ p' $xml_name` the "name" is thus set to <generationTime>2004-12-01T08:23:50.000000</generationTime> How can I separate this line,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the value of an middle attribute tag from XML

Hi All, Please help me out in resolving this.. <secondTag enabled='true' processName='test1' pidFile='/tmp/test1.pid' /> From the above tag, I'm trying to retrieve the value of enabled and pidFile attributes by means of processName attribute. Would be thankful in resolving this..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from an XML File

Hi, I need to capture all the attributes with delete next to it. The source XML file is attached. The output should contain something like this below: Attributes = legacyExchangeDN Action = Delete Username = Hero Joker Loginid = joker09 OU =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change attribute value in xml using shell script

hi, i am new to unix and i have a problem. -------------------------------------------------------------- sebben.xml <envelope> <email> sebben@example.com </email> </envelope> script_mail written in the vi editor. #!/bin/sh script to change the value in attribute <email> echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebbenw
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent - XML Attribute Remove

Hi I have got a XML file which has got content as follows: <FUNCall81110000 Tag="81110000" CallDate="25/08/11" CallTime="00:03:22" TotalUsageValue="30" MeasurementUnit="1"/> I want to remove TotalUsageValue="30" only and TotalUsageValue="XXXXX" here XXX can be any value. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muchyog
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from xml file script

Hi, please help on this. I want extract values of xml file structure and print in determined way. <ProjectName> --> only appears once <StructList> --> is the top node <Struct> node --> could be more than 1 NameID, STX, STY, PRX, PRY --> appears only 1 time within each <Struct> node... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
10 Replies
XML::DOM::Attr(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 XML::DOM::Attr(3)

NAME
XML::DOM::Attr - An XML attribute in XML::DOM DESCRIPTION
XML::DOM::Attr extends XML::DOM::Node. The Attr nodes built by the XML::DOM::Parser always have one child node which is a Text node containing the expanded string value (i.e. EntityReferences are always expanded.) EntityReferences may be added when modifying or creating a new Document. The Attr interface represents an attribute in an Element object. Typically the allowable values for the attribute are defined in a document type definition. Attr objects inherit the Node interface, but since they are not actually child nodes of the element they describe, the DOM does not consider them part of the document tree. Thus, the Node attributes parentNode, previousSibling, and nextSibling have a undef value for Attr objects. The DOM takes the view that attributes are properties of elements rather than having a separate identity from the elements they are associated with; this should make it more efficient to implement such features as default attributes associated with all elements of a given type. Furthermore, Attr nodes may not be immediate children of a DocumentFragment. However, they can be associated with Element nodes contained within a DocumentFragment. In short, users and implementors of the DOM need to be aware that Attr nodes have some things in common with other objects inheriting the Node interface, but they also are quite distinct. The attribute's effective value is determined as follows: if this attribute has been explicitly assigned any value, that value is the attribute's effective value; otherwise, if there is a declaration for this attribute, and that declaration includes a default value, then that default value is the attribute's effective value; otherwise, the attribute does not exist on this element in the structure model until it has been explicitly added. Note that the nodeValue attribute on the Attr instance can also be used to retrieve the string version of the attribute's value(s). In XML, where the value of an attribute can contain entity references, the child nodes of the Attr node provide a representation in which entity references are not expanded. These child nodes may be either Text or EntityReference nodes. Because the attribute type may be unknown, there are no tokenized attribute values. METHODS getValue On retrieval, the value of the attribute is returned as a string. Character and general entity references are replaced with their values. setValue (str) DOM Spec: On setting, this creates a Text node with the unparsed contents of the string. getName Returns the name of this attribute. perl v5.16.3 2000-01-31 XML::DOM::Attr(3)