Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Open Source Help with writing Shell Script to automate process using multiple commands Post 302974818 by stomp on Friday 3rd of June 2016 05:00:20 PM
Old 06-03-2016
Hi Sayed,

sorry, but I have almost no knowledge about zabbix beside the fact that I read some news articles about it here and then. Zabbix is a good open source monitoring solution with fine documentation, that'll help you a lot.

Regarding questioning: In this forum there is a monitoring section as well. Another good place is ...

... the Zabbix-Forum:
ZABBIX Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call multiple java commands

Hi, I want to call multiple java commands through a .sh file. I have drafted one with my least knowledge. But its not working. Pls help. I am trying to run this from Sun Solaris (OS 5.10) server with 10g oracle database. echo \* starting script AUTORUN echo \* get the Monitor path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekdn
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automate Script using pkgrm/pkgadd commands

This is my first post so hello to all of you! I have a script in bash-3.00 that needs to execute the following: pkgrm (to remove an existing package) pkgadd -d ( to install a new package) The problem is that both commands prompt me to answer either y,n or q in order to proceed with... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Insight
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing shell scripts of commands

can anyone help me in writing a shell script to visualize how simple commands work and on what logic. For Eg: ls command how it lists out all the files and directories, need to write a simple script based on the commands source code.:D (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_11d
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing a shell script of commands

Can anyone help me out in visualizing on what is the logic behind simple unix commands. For Eg: ls command lists files and directories, how it displays I need to know the source code for commands like this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul_11d
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to process multiple input files by a shell script

I have multiple input files that I want to manipulate using a shell script. The files are called 250.1 through 250.1000 but I only want the script to manipulate 250.300 through 250.1000. Before I was using the following script to manipulate the text files: for i in 250.*; do || awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a shell script to automate svnstats process

Hi, I am trying to create a shell script to automate the following process of getting svn stats:- Step1:- cd to checkout location. Note that the checked code have multiple modules in respective folders Step2:- Execute this command inside each module:- svn log -v --xml >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: d8011
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate multiple commands

Hi, I am trying to count the number of times a string of letters occurs in a file for multiple unique strings of letters. Right now I can do this one at a time using the following code (in this example I am searching for the string "AAA"): echo AAA >> outfile.txt grep -c "AAA" -r... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gecko1
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automate sftp process using script

Hi, guys, I am trying to automate a sftp process using "expect" method (since the key authentication method is disabled in my company network, there is no helping it). In order to try, I type in the command manually: sftp @ > << EOF >cd >ls -l >EOF >Connecting to @servername password: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: warmboy610
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch errors in a shell script ( multiple commands )?

Hi I have a shell script like that Main() { DAY=$(date +"%d-%m-%Y") TIME=$(date +"%T") Command 1 Command 2 ... Command n } I would like to catch errors from all commands in Main() and write these errors into a file , something likes this: Main if < error > then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automate recovery process

Hello All! First post... I am working on a script that is used to recover a crashed drive from an rsync backup. I'm down to the place where I need to create all of the directories in /mnt where I will then mount each of the volumes and begin the restore process to each volume... I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)