Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple variables using awk and for loop for web form submission Post 302974772 by zorrox on Friday 3rd of June 2016 06:36:46 AM
Old 06-03-2016
Multiple variables using awk and for loop for web form submission

Hi

My goal is to fill an HTML form and submit.

What I have managed to do:

1. curl command to fill up the form and submit
2. a file which has the input

curl command:
Code:
curl -v -b cookie.txt -d __CSRFToken__=dc23d5da47953b3b390ec68d972af10380908b14 -d do=create -d a=open -d email=test@test.net -d name=fullname -d source=Phone -d topicId=12 -d 198855e3047ff8a0=issuesummary1 -d message=details  http://localhost:8000/input.php

The input file looks like this;
Code:
57582	CVE-2011-3389	6.4	Medium	x.x.x.x	tcp	443	Bad vulnerability, fix ti	Full Name	email@xxxxxx.net	14			5	2	3months	0:00	s3	6
57582	CVE-2011-3389	6.4	Medium	x.x.x.x	tcp	8443	Bad vulnerability, fix ti	Full Name	email@xxxxxx.net	4			3	2	3months	0:00	s3	6
58751	CVE-2011-3389	4.3	High	x.x.x.x	tcp	8443	Bad vulnerability, fix ti	Full Name	email@xxxxxx.net	5			5	3	2months	0:00	s3	3
65821	CVE-2013-2566	4.3	Medium	x.x.x.x	tcp	8443	Bad vulnerability, fix ti	Full Name	email@xxxxxx.net	6			6	2	3months	0:00	s3	6
65821	CVE-2015-2808	4.3	Critical	x.x.x.x	tcp	8443	Bad vulnerability, fix ti	Full Name	email@xxxxxx.net	78			7	4	1month	0:00	s3	5
78479	CVE-2014-3566	4.3	Medium	x.x.x.x	tcp	8443	Bad vulnerability, fix ti	Full Name	email@xxxxxx.net	5			7	2	3months	0:00	s3	6
80035	CVE-2014-8730	4.3	Medium	x.x.x.x	tcp	8443	Bad vulnerability, fix ti	Full Name	email@xxxxxx.net	3			7	2	3months	0:00	s3	6

So every line of input will be assigned to the curl variable data (-d) for example:

Code:
curl -v -b cookie.txt -d __CSRFToken__=dc23d5da47953b3b390ec68d972af10380908b14 -d do=create -d a=open -d email=email@xxxxxx.net -d name=Full Name -d source=2months -d topicId=4 -d 198855e3047ff8a0=8443 -d message=Bad vulnerability, fix ti  http://localhost:8000/input.php

I was thinking

Code:
for i in $(awk -F "\t" '//{print $0}' inputfile)
do
"the curl command"
done

but I know it wont work.

I think I should assign the awk output to an array and use for loop to iterate the array. But how do i parse each field and then each line in the input file?

Please help. Thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop with multiple variables ?

I have a script which selects two 'sets' of system LVM device files from a tabular file 'mapfile' using awk : LIVELV=`awk '{print($1)}' mapfile` BCVLV=`awk '{print($3)}' mapfile` I wanted to pass these 'sets' into an LVM command 'loop' along the lines of : lvmerge $BCVLV $LIVELV ie.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fosterian
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop with Multiple variables

Hi , I am trying to write a script in kshell with while loop ,its like count=1 count_cmp=1 while ; do tail -$count tempfile | head -1 > tempstring ....... done However i get CIF.sh: line 33: ' I have checked thetrailing spaces , not sure what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple variables in for loop

hi, I want an equivalent for loop for this C code in unix shell script... for(int i,int j;i<5;i++,j++) { } Please reply soon Regards Navjot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navjotsingh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use for/while loop with multiple variables?

Hi, I have two variables like below which will always be of the same size a=1:2:3 b=A:B:C I need to use a for/while loop that will have both the variables available. I cannot use an array here and will probably might iterate through the variable as echo $a | tr ':' '\n' and thus iterate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elizabeth H
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple variables to be passed in a loop

Hi, I need to pass the multiple values of src1 to another variable. I managed to print it but not sure how to assign it to a variable in a loop. src1=01,02,03 echo $src1|awk 'BEGIN {FS=","} {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) print $i}' I need to pass the value as src2=01 src2=02 src2=03 Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading multiple variables in a loop

Hi, I managed to read and print variable as shown in the below code. table_name=table1,table2,table3 i=0 IFS="," for i in $table_name do echo $i done Is there a way how I can read more than one variable. For example I need to read 2 variables and populate the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with multiple delimited variables

hi, i need a portion in a audit logging shell script where i have to loop thru multiple variables. I need some help in accomplishing this. i have 3 variables var1=1,23,234 var2=a,ab,xyz var3=0,0,0 the variables will have variables number of values but same length.(3 in this case ) i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rock1
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Displaying multiple variables in for loop

Hi! I've run into a problem where my variables are displayed in the wrong order. Basically I'm supposed to use a file that has information like this username:firstname:lastname:etc:etc. What I'm interested in doing is reformating it into a something more like this: username lastname,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reindeermountai
2 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::SSLEAY(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Net::Server::Proto::SSLEAY(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::SSLEAY - Custom Net::Server SSL protocol handler based on Net::SSLeay. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. use base qw(Net::Server::HTTP); main->run( proto => 'ssleay', SSL_key_file => "/path/to/my/file.key", SSL_cert_file => "/path/to/my/file.crt", ); # OR sub SSL_key_file { "/path/to/my/file.key" } sub SSL_cert_file { "/path/to/my/file.crt" } main->run(proto => 'ssleay'); # OR main->run( port => [443, 8443, "80/tcp"], # bind to two ssleay ports and one tcp proto => "ssleay", # use ssleay as the default ipv => "*", # bind both IPv4 and IPv6 interfaces SSL_key_file => "/path/to/my/file.key", SSL_cert_file => "/path/to/my/file.crt", ); # OR main->run(port => [{ port => "443", proto => "ssleay", # ipv => 4, # default - only do IPv4 SSL_key_file => "/path/to/my/file.key", SSL_cert_file => "/path/to/my/file.crt", }, { port => "8443", proto => "ssleay", ipv => "*", # IPv4 and IPv6 SSL_key_file => "/path/to/my/file2.key", # separate key SSL_cert_file => "/path/to/my/file2.crt", # separate cert }]); DESCRIPTION
This module has reliably been used in situations receiving millions of hits on a single box per day. If anybody has any successes or ideas for improvment under SSLEAY, please email <paul@seamons.com>. Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements a secure socket layer over tcp (also known as SSL). See Net::Server::Proto. If you need more customization of the SSL layer, you may want to investigate using SSL rather than SSLEAY as it uses the venerable(ish) IO::Socket::SSL. PARAMETERS
Currently there is support for the following: "SSL_cert_file" Full path to the certificate file to be used for this server. Should be in PEM format. "SSL_key_file" Full path to the key file to be used for this server. Should be in PEM format. "SSL_max_getline_length" Used during getline to only read until this many bytes are found. Default is undef which means unlimited. "SSL_error_callback" Should be a code ref that will be called whenever error conditions are encountered. It passes a source message and an arrayref of the errors. METHODS
This module implements most of the common file handle operations. There are some additions though: "read_until" Takes bytes and match qr. If bytes is defined - it will read until that many bytes are found. If match qr is defined, it will read until the buffer matches that qr. If both are undefined, it will read until there is nothing left to read. "error" If an error occurred while writing, this method will return that error. BUGS
There are probably many. LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server THANKS
Thanks to Bilbo at http://devpit.org/wiki/OpenSSL_with_nonblocking_sockets_%28in_Perl%29 for documenting a more reliable way of accepting and reading SSL connections. perl v5.18.2 2013-01-09 Net::Server::Proto::SSLEAY(3)