Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Saving LDOM Confguration
Operating Systems Solaris Saving LDOM Confguration Post 302974765 by praveensharma21 on Friday 3rd of June 2016 04:33:14 AM
Old 06-03-2016
Hi,

Thank you for the information. My goal is to save configuration and recreate the LDOM again.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Autosys on LDOM

Has anyone configured an Autosys server to run on a Solaris LDOM? I can't think of any obvious reason why there would be a problem with it, but.... Jerry (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
0 Replies

2. AIX

ldom and lpar

hi, Plz let me know if the concept of sun ldom and aix lpar is same or not. thnx, snj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snjksh
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ldom and zone

hi, what is the difference between ldom and zone. can we install any other os than sun in ldom. thanks, snj. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

4. Solaris

VxVM5.1 in a Ldom

Has any one installed and used VxVM5.1 in a Ldom .. i was able to install it but when i try to initialize a disk it gives me following error as the disks are imported from ZFS backend .. :-( and they does not show the target no. /etc/vx/bin/vxdisksetup -if c0d2s2 VxVM vxdisksetup ERROR... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

5. Solaris

ldom patching

Greetings everyone! I have the task of patching six ldoms and two control domains. I have never done this before and would like to know of any pitfalls or "gotchas" I may encounter. I have been looking online but have found very little about patching ldoms. Thank you all. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertdenizen
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Ldom problem

Hi People, I have been trying to learn solaris ldoms, have created one on a T2000 and get the following error when try to install it off DVD WARNING: /virtual-devices@100/channel-devices@200/disk@1: Communication error with Virtual Disk Server using Port 0. Retrying If anyone could help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Tip: Ldom migration

Prerequisite: • S7-2L Server Hardware Console Access • Solaris 11.3 OS and LDOM Packages (Ex: 3.4) • Setup IPS Repositories Solaris 11 comes with Oracle VM server pre-installed if older version is there remove the old and install latest Oracle VM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahendra170
1 Replies
FMT(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    FMT(1)

NAME
fmt -- simple text formatter SYNOPSIS
fmt [-Cr] [goal [maximum]] [name ...] fmt [-Cr] [-g goal] [-m maximum] [name ...] DESCRIPTION
fmt is a simple text formatter which reads the concatenation of input files (or standard input if none are given) and produces on standard output a version of its input with lines as close to the goal length as possible without exceeding the maximum. The goal length defaults to 65 and the maximum to 75. The spacing at the beginning of the input lines is preserved in the output, as are blank lines and interword spac- ing. In non raw mode, lines that look like mail headers or begin with a period are not formatted. -C instructs fmt to center the text. -g goal New way to set the goal length. -m maximum New way to set the maximum length. -r Raw mode; formats all lines and does not make exceptions for lines that start with a period or look like mail headers. fmt is meant to format mail messages prior to sending, but may also be useful for other simple tasks. For instance, within visual mode of the ex(1) editor (e.g., vi(1)) the command !}fmt will reformat a paragraph, evening the lines. SEE ALSO
mail(1), nroff(1) HISTORY
The fmt command appeared in 3BSD. BUGS
The program was designed to be simple and fast - for more complex operations, the standard text processors are likely to be more appropriate. BSD
May 29, 2007 BSD