Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to deal with Tar error ?
Operating Systems AIX How to deal with Tar error ? Post 302974730 by filosophizer on Thursday 2nd of June 2016 03:11:07 PM
Old 06-02-2016
Thanks Bakunin, I guess there is nothing that could be done at this point.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

TAR error

When I tried to decompress using TAR the following error was popped up.. tar: blocksize = 0 ..Can anyone tell me wht this means and how to rectify this error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemin_pm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error in tar

Hi i am facing one problem with one file dxagent.ss, this file has most of the binary contents. when i m running following command on unix machine tar xpf dxagent.ss output should be: removing leading '/' from members name. and should create 'usr' and 'var' directory. but i am getting some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogini nemade
5 Replies

3. AIX

Tar error

When Im trying to untar a file I get an error message tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 804399248 not equal to 46325. What can I do to untar my file Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemad
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Error while using tar

Hi, WHile decompressing the files, i get the error tar: directory checksum error. After decompressing when i check the size of file, it is less than the original file. Due to this error, there is loss of data. How can this error be removed? Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
7 Replies

5. Linux

tar error exit delayed form pervious error

Hi when use "tar cpvzf /dev/st0 --exclude=/proc --exclude-/lost+found --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/media --exclude=/sys /" to tape, get the following message "tar: error exit delayed form pervious error", What is the mean ? Please suggest some solution for these errors. thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chayato
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

7. Programming

How to deal with this error: floating constant exponent has no digits

A conditional statement cause it: if(strlen(str) < n1+1) { ------- } (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with .tar.gz files in Linux?x

Dear all, there are more than 10 files with .tar.gz extension in my folder i didnt want to extract them i just want to run the query to fetch my necessary data from all the files. but when i run the command it untar the files in that folder. gunzip -c abc.tar.gz | tar -xf - | grep REC |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar error

do you have idea what is the limit to zip the file. + tar -cvf - today.txt tar: Size of today.txt >= 8GB. Not dumped. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)