Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Script to find a date variable and increment it Post 302974697 by isenhiem on Thursday 2nd of June 2016 10:37:38 AM
Old 06-02-2016
Sorry about that. Here are some more details:

I came across this question in an interview. Needless to say I did not clear it.Smilie

Anyway the parameter file wo_location.prm looks like the following:

------------------------------------------------
Code:
[Global]
$$start_date = 02/02/2016 10:21:25.000000
$$last_upd_date= 02/03/2016 16:25:56.000000

----------------------------------------------------
The date format is ddmmyyyy
The script would run when ever we needed to increment the date by one day.
The OS is SUN solaris.

Thanks

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 06-02-2016 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: Added code tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script To increment Date*HElp***

Hi, I want to increment date, using Shell Script, a loop to add one day after 24hrs. :confused: Cheers Kunal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a user defined date value in the DATE format itself using shell script?

I need to increment a date value through shell script. Input value consist of start date and end date in DATE format of unix. For eg. I need increment a date value of 1/1/09 to 31/12/09 i.e for a whole yr. The output must look like 1/1/09 2/2/09 . . . 31/1/09 . . 1/2/09 . 28/2/09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil087
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment date in script

Hi, Iam new to scripting language.:o can someone help me out solving this thread?hopingly ya....:) I want to write a script which connects to db and searches the count in a table which has date column and id column. If the count is not equal to 0 then it should increment the date with the one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment a date variable in perl script

Hi, I have a perl script which prints epoch value of date in milliseconds as the output. My reuirement is that once the output is printed,the day variable shld increment by 1 and when i execute the script for the second time the output shld be for the new day value. My script looks as... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update date part with new increment date time

hi experts, my requirement is like this i need to develop a shell script to update date part with new incremental date time in file some 'X' which is kept at some server location incrementing every two hours.as i am new to this scripting i need support from u people,thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmro
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with rysnc and find with date variable

I want to have a script to create directory labled with the date, convert a load of flac files to mp3 and then find and rysnc the newly created mp3 file to the dated directory. Here's what I have done so far but the rsync command doesn't work: #!/bin/bash #set date variable as now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment date using "for loop" in format MMDDYY inside the shell script?

Need to increment the date from "currentdate + 90days" inside the for loop (i=1 to i=50) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment date variable

hey guys, I need to incerement the date variable for instance echo `date '+%F %H:%M:00'` this produces 2014-08-02 20:05:00 -I will grant this to : $Datehour and need to assign 1 hr from now to $Datelasthour -the script time will be used to talk to DB system information. however... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo_VERTICASQL
4 Replies
DATE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DATE(1)

NAME
date - print or set the date and time SYNOPSIS
date [-qsu] [[MMDDYY]hhmm[ss]] [+format] OPTIONS
-q Read the date from stdin -s Set the time (implicit for -q or a date string) -u Print the date as GMT -t Use this number of seconds instead of current time EXAMPLES
date # Print the date and time date 0221921610 # Set date to Feb 21, 1992 at 4:10 p.m. DESCRIPTION
With the -q flag or a numeric argument, date sets the GMT time and date. MMDDYY refers to the month, day, and year; hhmmss refers to the hour, minute and second. Each of the six fields must be exactly two digits, no more and no less. date always display the date and time, with the default format for the system. The -u flag request GMT time instead of local time. A format may be specified with a + followed by a printf-like string with the following options: %% % character %A Name of the day %B Name of the month %D mm/dd/yy %H Decimal hour on 2 digits %I Decimal hour modulo 12 on 2 digits %M Decimal minute on 2 digits %S Decimal seconds on 2 digits %T HH:MM:SS %U Decimal week number, Sunday being first day of week %W Decimal week number, Monday being first day of week %X Same as %T %Y Decimal year on 4 digits %Z Time Zone (if any) %a Abbreviated name of the day %b Abbreviated name of the month %c Appropriate date & time (default format) %d Decimal day of the month on 2 digits %e Same as %d, but a space replaces leading 0 %h Same as %b %j Decimal dey of the year on 3 digits %m Decimal month on 2 digits %n Newline character %p AM or PM %r 12-hour clock time with AM/PM %s Number of seconds since the epoch %t Tab character %w Decimal day of the week (0=Sunday) %x Same as %D %y Decimal year on 2 digits SEE ALSO
time(2), ctime(3), readclock(8). DATE(1)